Fiserv

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Senior Test Engineer

Interviewed at Fiserv

Interview Details Technical Test and 2 Technical Face 2 Face.
In Technical Test There were 40 questions no negative marks.
There was cut off whic was increasing rounds by rounds.
Technical Test and 2 Technical Face 2 Face.
In Technical Test There were 40 questions no negative marks.
There was cut off whic was increasing rounds by rounds

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

Interviewed at Fiserv

Interview Details 3 ROUNDS - Written, Technical and managerial. Written consist of java mcq. Technical related to projects. Managerial related to your aptitude and some java mcqs to check your analystical reasoning.

Negotiation Details – Negotiable

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Pune

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview Details Had 3 rounds, With Domain Expert, Hiring manager/GM followed by HR round. Predominantly Domain related questions. Try to focus on your domain expertise and past projects. If you have exposure to multiple domains, please highlight as this would increase your chances.

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Noida

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fiserv in June 2011.

Interview Details 1. First is the Personal Interview - either telefonic or face to face.
2. Second is the Technical Round - with the Tech Lead..
3. Third round is with the BU Head.
4. HR Round.

Interview Question – If you do not have any document/SRS/use case - how will you test the application.   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Trainee Interview

Associate Engineer Trainee
Pune

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Fiserv in April 2014.

Interview Details There were five rounds: Essay writing, GD, Aptitude test, Technical Interview and HR interview. The essay round was the only round in which there were no eliminations, rest all were eliminating rounds.

Interview Question – Case study based questions to basically to understand your reaction in tough situations.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
Pune

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Fiserv in April 2012.

Interview Details I was approached directly by the HR. My first round was a face to face. It was for a dot net profile. The emphasis of the interviewer was more on OOAD, C# and design patterns.

Interview Question – Interviewer asked a few puzzles to check my analytical skills, which were not straight forward. Luckily I was able to answer most of them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When you get an offer, make sure you negotiate as much as possible. Because the year-end salary hikes are usually on the lower side at Fiserv. So make sure to get the best at the very start.

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview Details It was smooth. Had 4 rounds of interview, apti, 2 tech and a Hr round.
There were not much people for interview so it was easy to get in. and the people who took interview for me were really sweet. as it was my first interview i was really nervous, but the interviewers were so good they actually made me so comfortable i dint even realize that i was in an interview room.

Interview Question – There was no such question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I joined as a fresher so i dint negotiate i got a good offer.

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer
Noida

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fiserv in April 2014.

Interview Details total of three rounds
round1:
paragraph writing
round2:
group discussion
round 3:
online test of aptitude and c++ programming

Interview Question – c++ objective type questions very lengthy u get only 15 minutes which is very impractical   Answer Question

Web UI Developer Interview

Web UI Developer
Pune

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Fiserv in February 2014.

Interview Details I got call from some consultancy and forwarded my resume to HR of the company. After 2 weeks I got call from HR of the company and she scheduled my telephonic interview for technical round. In this round technical guy asked me about whether I have any experience in html5 and I said NO. But still he said my profiles seems interesting and hence he is going to consider me for next round, till the time polish your html5 knowledge. That conversation tooks hardly 5 minutes, he did not asked my any question. I was like what !!!

After that I did not get any call from them, and I thought that I might get rejected, but on 8th or 9th day again I got call from HR and she asked me to come to their office for next technical F2F round. I went there and again that guy has not asked me any technical questions to me rather he was more interested to know about my past work experience and my past projects. He kept asking me questions on my past projects. He also asked my about web app performance tuning, how can you improve the performance, what standard practice you follow, how you manage your team. Then he told me one database related scenario and issues associated with and he asked my suggestion to solve those issues (this is completely irrelevant to job position to which I m interviewing ). This interview was not more focused on technical front. And at the end he told me that you have to go through one more round of technical interview with onsite person, which was scheduled after 4 days. I was very disappointed by both this interview.

After 4 days I got call from onsite technical guy, this interview was quite technical, the onsite guy was more intelligent than two Indian guys who took my previous interviews. Interview was OK but still I had no any hope to get selected.....but after 4 days I got call from HR and she said I have to go through one more round of interview with manager and this will be final round.

Next day I went there on time. The manager was of 45+ years of age. He gone through my resume and asked about reason behind job-switches (I had 3 job switches in 6 years, and this is very normal in India), percentages in my SSC, HSC, BE ( I have one year gap in BE), from where I completed my schooling, college and degree, my family background.

Then he asked very typical manager's question like -

1. How are you as a person in real and professional life?
2. What are your aspirations ?
3. Where you see after 5 years ?
4. Which things makes you angry in professional life ?
5. What are your strength ?
blah blah blah

He expected very typical answer, but my answer were very weird and he disappointed by that.

He was more concerned about my job switches and told me that its tough decision to choose person like me who already had multiple job switches. He asked me to wait for 10 mins and he want outside to discuss with few other people. After 10 min another guy came and took me to his cabin. He was also manager. He started very rudely with me.He also asked same questions which I was already answered to previous manager.

And Finally he said me to leave...... it was very big relief. Overall interview process took more than one months and 5 rounds, most of them focused on typical managerial questions of service sector company and not on technical front.

Interview Question – I would not say them difficult but useless questions:

1. How are you as a person in real and professional life?
2. What are your aspirations ?
3. Where you see after 5 years ?
4. Which things makes you angry in professional life ?
5. What are your strength ?
blah blah blah
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Rude behavior of managers.
Poor Infrastructure.
Very congested work desk.
Poor interview process (asking irrelevant questions)

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Pune

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fiserv in June 2010.

Interview Details Normal Interview process

Interview Question – Written Test   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are providing onsite opportunity

Worked for Fiserv? Contribute to the Community!