Fiserv

Updated 17 Nov 2014
Updated 17 Nov 2014

2.9

Senior BA Interview

Communication Ability would be checked and evaluated
    Professional approach is very much looked, understanding of BPO operations expertise in collections and customer handling skills were looked at as the only process which was available was a business to business collections process, understanding of healthcare domain was an added advantage.
    3-4 round of interviews would be done, basis telephonic, face to face with HR/Ops manager & 1 more with senior manager.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fiserv.

First, there will be telephonic round in which they will test your basic technical and communication skills. After that you will need to undergo online test to check technical skills. After passing this round there will be 2-3 face to face interviews. Last but not least, there will be a HR round for package negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • You need to prepare WCF, ASP.NET MVC AJAX with deep undersatnding for ASP.NET requirements   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Technical Test and 2 Technical Face 2 Face.
    In Technical Test There were 40 questions no negative marks.
    There was cut off whic was increasing rounds by rounds.
    Technical Test and 2 Technical Face 2 Face.
    In Technical Test There were 40 questions no negative marks.
    There was cut off whic was increasing rounds by rounds

Senior Software Engineer Interview

3 ROUNDS - Written, Technical and managerial. Written consist of java mcq. Technical related to projects. Managerial related to your aptitude and some java mcqs to check your analystical reasoning.

Negotiable

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fiserv.

Had 3 rounds, With Domain Expert, Hiring manager/GM followed by HR round. Predominantly Domain related questions. Try to focus on your domain expertise and past projects. If you have exposure to multiple domains, please highlight as this would increase your chances.

QA Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Fiserv.

It was smooth. Had 4 rounds of interview, apti, 2 tech and a Hr round.
    There were not much people for interview so it was easy to get in. and the people who took interview for me were really sweet. as it was my first interview i was really nervous, but the interviewers were so good they actually made me so comfortable i dint even realize that i was in an interview room.

Interview Questions
    I joined as a fresher so i dint negotiate i got a good offer.

Associate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fiserv in April 2014.

There were five rounds: Essay writing, GD, Aptitude test, Technical Interview and HR interview. The essay round was the only round in which there were no eliminations, rest all were eliminating rounds.

Interview Questions
    • Case study based questions to basically to understand your reaction in tough situations.   View Answer

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fiserv in April 2014.

total of three rounds
    round1:
    paragraph writing
    round2:
    group discussion
    round 3:
    online test of aptitude and c++ programming

Interview Questions
    • c++ objective type questions very lengthy u get only 15 minutes which is very impractical   Answer Question

Web UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Fiserv in February 2014.

I got call from some consultancy and forwarded my resume to HR of the company. After 2 weeks I got call from HR of the company and she scheduled my telephonic interview for technical round. In this round technical guy asked me about whether I have any experience in html5 and I said NO. But still he said my profiles seems interesting and hence he is going to consider me for next round, till the time polish your html5 knowledge. That conversation tooks hardly 5 minutes, he did not asked my any question. I was like what !!!

After that I did not get any call from them, and I thought that I might get rejected, but on 8th or 9th day again I got call from HR and she asked me to come to their office for next technical F2F round. I went there and again that guy has not asked me any technical questions to me rather he was more interested to know about my past work experience and my past projects. He kept asking me questions on my past projects. He also asked my about web app performance tuning, how can you improve the performance, what standard practice you follow, how you manage your team. Then he told me one database related scenario and issues associated with and he asked my suggestion to solve those issues (this is completely irrelevant to job position to which I m interviewing ). This interview was not more focused on technical front. And at the end he told me that you have to go through one more round of technical interview with onsite person, which was scheduled after 4 days. I was very disappointed by both this interview.

After 4 days I got call from onsite technical guy, this interview was quite technical, the onsite guy was more intelligent than two Indian guys who took my previous interviews. Interview was OK but still I had no any hope to get selected.....but after 4 days I got call from HR and she said I have to go through one more round of interview with manager and this will be final round.

Next day I went there on time. The manager was of 45+ years of age. He gone through my resume and asked about reason behind job-switches (I had 3 job switches in 6 years, and this is very normal in India), percentages in my SSC, HSC, BE ( I have one year gap in BE), from where I completed my schooling, college and degree, my family background.

Then he asked very typical manager's question like -

1. How are you as a person in real and professional life?
    2. What are your aspirations ?
    3. Where you see after 5 years ?
    4. Which things makes you angry in professional life ?
    5. What are your strength ?
    blah blah blah

He expected very typical answer, but my answer were very weird and he disappointed by that.

He was more concerned about my job switches and told me that its tough decision to choose person like me who already had multiple job switches. He asked me to wait for 10 mins and he want outside to discuss with few other people. After 10 min another guy came and took me to his cabin. He was also manager. He started very rudely with me.He also asked same questions which I was already answered to previous manager.

And Finally he said me to leave...... it was very big relief. Overall interview process took more than one months and 5 rounds, most of them focused on typical managerial questions of service sector company and not on technical front.

Interview Questions
    • I would not say them difficult but useless questions:

1. How are you as a person in real and professional life?
      2. What are your aspirations ?
      3. Where you see after 5 years ?
      4. Which things makes you angry in professional life ?
      5. What are your strength ?
      blah blah blah
        Answer Question

Rude behavior of managers.
    Poor Infrastructure.
    Very congested work desk.
    Poor interview process (asking irrelevant questions)