Fiserv

139 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Applications Developer Interview

Noida

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fiserv in April 2014.

Interview Details total of three rounds
round1:
paragraph writing
round2:
group discussion
round 3:
online test of aptitude and c++ programming

Interview Question – c++ objective type questions very lengthy u get only 15 minutes which is very impractical   Answer Question

Web UI Developer Interview

Pune

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Fiserv in February 2014.

Interview Details I got call from some consultancy and forwarded my resume to HR of the company. After 2 weeks I got call from HR of the company and she scheduled my telephonic interview for technical round. In this round technical guy asked me about whether I have any experience in html5 and I said NO. But still he said my profiles seems interesting and hence he is going to consider me for next round, till the time polish your html5 knowledge. That conversation tooks hardly 5 minutes, he did not asked my any question. I was like what !!!

After that I did not get any call from them, and I thought that I might get rejected, but on 8th or 9th day again I got call from HR and she asked me to come to their office for next technical F2F round. I went there and again that guy has not asked me any technical questions to me rather he was more interested to know about my past work experience and my past projects. He kept asking me questions on my past projects. He also asked my about web app performance tuning, how can you improve the performance, what standard practice you follow, how you manage your team. Then he told me one database related scenario and issues associated with and he asked my suggestion to solve those issues (this is completely irrelevant to job position to which I m interviewing ). This interview was not more focused on technical front. And at the end he told me that you have to go through one more round of technical interview with onsite person, which was scheduled after 4 days. I was very disappointed by both this interview.

After 4 days I got call from onsite technical guy, this interview was quite technical, the onsite guy was more intelligent than two Indian guys who took my previous interviews. Interview was OK but still I had no any hope to get selected.....but after 4 days I got call from HR and she said I have to go through one more round of interview with manager and this will be final round.

Next day I went there on time. The manager was of 45+ years of age. He gone through my resume and asked about reason behind job-switches (I had 3 job switches in 6 years, and this is very normal in India), percentages in my SSC, HSC, BE ( I have one year gap in BE), from where I completed my schooling, college and degree, my family background.

Then he asked very typical manager's question like -

1. How are you as a person in real and professional life?
2. What are your aspirations ?
3. Where you see after 5 years ?
4. Which things makes you angry in professional life ?
5. What are your strength ?
blah blah blah

He expected very typical answer, but my answer were very weird and he disappointed by that.

He was more concerned about my job switches and told me that its tough decision to choose person like me who already had multiple job switches. He asked me to wait for 10 mins and he want outside to discuss with few other people. After 10 min another guy came and took me to his cabin. He was also manager. He started very rudely with me.He also asked same questions which I was already answered to previous manager.

And Finally he said me to leave...... it was very big relief. Overall interview process took more than one months and 5 rounds, most of them focused on typical managerial questions of service sector company and not on technical front.

Interview Question – I would not say them difficult but useless questions:

1. How are you as a person in real and professional life?
2. What are your aspirations ?
3. Where you see after 5 years ?
4. Which things makes you angry in professional life ?
5. What are your strength ?
blah blah blah
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Rude behavior of managers.
Poor Infrastructure.
Very congested work desk.
Poor interview process (asking irrelevant questions)

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Pune

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fiserv in June 2010.

Interview Details Normal Interview process

Interview Question – Written Test   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are providing onsite opportunity

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Pune

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview Details Technical interview followed by Manager discussion

Interview Question – Interview difficulty level I would say was mediocre.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Pune

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fiserv in August 2011.

Interview Details Got a call from some job agency. Then fiserv HR called and scheduled the telephonic interview with technical person. 2 rounds of Technical interview held each around 45 minutes long. Then after two three days had a 10 minutes manager round. Last was an HR round with salary negotiations.
Interview process was smooth. Each question was related to the position offered.

Negotiation Details – I got more than my expectation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Pune

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Fiserv in March 2011.

Interview Details Only Technical round and no HR round. Just salary negotiation.

Negotiation Details – 2 mins.

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer

Interviewed at Fiserv

Interview Details written test - Slightly difficult.
One technical - Average difficulty.
Manager round

Can take two technical rounds if first round does not go well.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Pune

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Fiserv in September 2013.

Interview Details First was telephonic interview from recruiter and then personal interview with 3 leaders of project which was bit difficult.Then Managerial with project leader which was hardest.Finally HR who discussed and shared salary break up and asked me to wait for Business Partner round for which i haven't got call yet since last month

Interview Question – what will you do if at the time of build your defect gets failed which is showstopper.   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Associate Software Developer
Noida

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview Details Recruitment process includes-
1. English paragraph writing with not more than 5 mistakes(shortlisted are allowed for 2)
2. Objective test comprising 60 questions which includes aptitude,reasoning,technical,English followed by objective test of programming knowledge comprising 15 questions(time period is 60 min and 5 min respectively).
Now finally they shortlist for final interviews viz technical interview including basic questions on subject DBMS, C, software engineering followed by HR interview including basic HR question like about yourself,why fiserv, positive and negatives, family background etc.

Interview Question – Stay cool and confident, only written rounds are tough and need to manage time properly to make it to fiserv.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Systems Analyst Interview

Noida

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fiserv in September 2013.

Interview Details 1. Recruiter calls and discuss about the position & overview of the previous exp,if everything goes well he gives date for telephonic interview.
2. Telephonic interview remains pure technical, duration for my int was 1 Hrs
3. Another pure technical interview by architect level person, duration was 1 Hrs.
4. Technical Written - this is mandatory for HR process.
5. Client interview from US mainly technical but somewhat functional.
6. Managerial round on interview - Again 1 hr long interview with functional questions & bout previous exp.
7. Final call from HR for salary negotiation. Generally offers 10 % less from Market which includes part B - from which you can achieve small part if you complete 2 years with company otherwise forget about it !

Interview Question – They generally ask most of the weird questions. So level of questions were high.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better you try in yahoo or google because if you have to go thru with such a long long and hard process why you sud not choose names?

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fiserv

Worked for Fiserv? Contribute to the Community!

Fiserv Videos

Fiserv – Why Work for Us?

Quick Facts Year founded: 1984 Headquarters: Brookfield, Wisconsin Locations: 155 worldwide Employees: Approximately 21,000 Revenue: $4.48 billion in 2012 Who We Are Fiserv, Inc. (NASDAQ: FISV) is a leading global… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fiserv interview questions and advice. All 139 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Fiserv employees and interview candidates.