Ford Motor Interview Questions

Updated 22 Oct 2014
Updated 22 Oct 2014

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ford Motor in May 2014.

Group Discussion Technical round and HR round . Interview Process will be very Cordial and try to be sincere in the Interview . Be prefect in your Resume Preparation

Interview Questions
    • Mostly technical with some Personal questions   View Answer
    No Negotiation

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thanjāvūr
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thanjāvūr

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ford Motor in November 2013.

1. Aptitude test(general aptitude,english,basic mechanical and electrical questions)20question from gen.apti and technical english 10 questions totally 50 questions.
    2. Group discussion(topics like privatisation of education etc..,)
    3. Tech interview(about proximity,hall sensor,machines,power systems and basics of electronics)
    4. HR interview
    Total of 1 hour , 50 questions.answers to be inked in OMR sheet

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ford Motor in November 2013.

5 rounds
    Round 1- aptitude
    2- case study
    3- case discussion
    4- technical interview
    5- Behavioural

Interview Questions
    • Case is on investment decision which you might have to use excel and word. Used sensitivity analysis   Answer Question

German Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor.

First of all they sent me four long documents to translate; two in German to English and two in English to German with a time limit of only 1 hour!!
    Then, a German expert called and talked to me in German. She asked me to introduce myself, talked about my work experience etc. to test my German language skills. It took 10-15 minutes.
    Then, they called me in the company office for the Panel interview. It had that German expert and two managers from the operations team.
    It was a grilling session. They asked me various questions about my last job profile, challenges I faced in my work, why Ford, my strengths etc. Then the German expert spoke to me for 5 minutes and again tested my German skills.
    The most irritating question which they kept on asking repeatably was "what is your marital status?" "what are you marriage plans?" "when will you get married?" I wanted to tell them its none of your business but obviously couldn't say such words.
    Also, they have 10 hours of shift; 9 hours of work and 1 hour of break!!!!! I think no other company does this.
    And yes, they called me at 9:00 in the morning for the interview and kept me waiting till 3:45 in the evening. I was so exhausted waiting till that time that I was not even interested in giving the interview!!!!

Interview Questions
    • What process improvement suggestions you made in your last job profile?   View Answer
    • What was your biggest achievement in your last job?   Answer Question

Trainee Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ford Motor in January 2012.

Not too technical. A lot of emphasis was placed on communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult was asked, the technical round was focused on software engineering fundamentals.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ford Motor in November 2011.

I contacted the person I know working in ford and through them I approached the senior officials of the company. They spoke to me for a long time to know much about me. Finally after 2-3 meetings and after they gained confidence on me, a man from the engine dept. who is well experienced was asked to give his opinion upon me. After several meetings with him and practically proving my knowledge on the floor, he was convinced and that's how I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • I am not too good at MS Excel tools. I wasted tested a lot in it. And technically, i was tested in advanced engine working concepts and ford's upcoming new products and particularly about the process of testing engines.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor in August 2011.

The process was constituted of the Written Test followed by GD and then direct interview.

Interview Questions
    It was a nice conversation.If you get a chance don't let it go.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ford Motor in May 2011.

Process Flow :

1. Skill and Iq Test
    2. Group Discussion
    3. Human Resources Interview (2 Persons)
    4. Technical Interview (3 Persons)
    5. Final Phone Interview

Interview Questions
    • Gave a Situation of a Fire Burning in company.
      3 Options :
      a) Run out of the company
      b) Save other People
      c ) Call fire Service
        View Answers (20)

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ford Motor in March 2011.

Interview is always difficult.

I will suggest only 1 thing that please be truthful in the interview.

Purchasing Interview

I was able to get an interview through a career fair at Michigan State University. The recruiters were very friendly, easy to talk to and overall made you feel comfortable. The interview process was not bad at all. The asked you basic behavioral questions to get a sense on how you think as well as utilize your skills.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you had to make a promise but couldnt keep it. How did you break it down to that person?   Answer Question