Forever 21

Updated 26 Nov 2014
Updated 26 Nov 2014

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Forever 21.

It was super easy. Found out they were hiring seasonal so figured I'd apply. Turned in my application and got a call back the same day. Went to the interview and it was a group interview. We each went around and did the usual questions "tell me about yourself" "why do you want to work at forever21?" "What's your availability?". They also keep the people they feel are good workers. So far, everything went smooth!

Interview Questions
    • "Are you good at multitasking? give an example of what you did at your previous job."   Answer Question
    No negotiations were made.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21.

I was interviewed once, during a group interview of about seven people. I received a phone call that same day in the evening saying they'd live to bring me on. Advice: dress to impress! Seems like a no-brainer but definitely should not be taken lightly. First impressions are everything, especially since Forever 21 is a leading retail company for men and women's fashions. Stand out from other candidates by: having a great, business-casual outfit, extraordinary personality, friendliness, and positivity, and individuality/confidence in interview answers.

Interview Questions
    This was my first job. I began as a sales associate and It was the perfect retail store to gain customer service experience because of the company's fast pace, high volume, and diversity. However, I would not say that this is the greatest company for someone interested in growing with because it is so large. Depends on location, but there is a lot of competition between ground level employees (sales associate) or any position wanting to advance to a higher position. Definitely takes determination, excelling perseverance, and patience!

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

very easy. had the experience and they really wanted to get rid of the manager that was working there interview was more so of a get to know me and selling the job to me

none.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I initially went in for a Sales Associate interview. Met manager and other candidates for group interview. Standard customer service etc questions, few behavioural based questions, went around the group basically one by one.

Interview Questions
    • The only question that I had not thought to prepare for was what is my favourite fashion designer and why. The rest of the questions were basic like Why did I want to work for Forever 21 and customer based scenarios.   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Forever 21.

I went in for an interview with Visual Manager early morning then the District Manager in the afternoon. They photocopy SIN card photo ID. They called me the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions
    There is a room for negotiation.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21.

Walked in asked for a manager and got an application. Got interviewed on the spot. They told me they would Start me off as a head cashier, I said it was okay . Got hired 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    I took a lower position for higher pay then the position offers.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

I went to a job fair at Houston Galleria Forever 21, I filled out an application and was interviewed on spot. She asked me some questions such as "How would you react if a customer got really upset with our no cash refunds policy?" "What kind of experience have you gotten from your other jobs?" She was very nice and had a positive energy. I was very excited and happy.

Interview Questions
    • There were no hard questions at all. Make sure you mention your great customer service!   Answer Question
    She never even said the actual words "I'm going to make you an offer" There was no negation phrase she just walked over to a desk wrote down my orientation date and rate of pay, put it in an envelope and handed it to me and said "don't miss orientation!"

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

I walked in dressed up on my way to another interview. Forever 21 was doing walk-in interviews so the manager asked me if I would like one. I did the interview it went great and I was offered the position.

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Forever 21 in November 2014.

i was hired on the spot.

i saw the job fair on their site after the one near bye said they were done hiring for the season a new store was opening. they were having the job fair from 10 am to 4pm.

i went there got lost though because the mall was big, it is a totally new shop just built i was already on this site to check prior questions and tips it was really helpful for me.

he asked if i lived far from the mall i said just two buses . he said one hour away ? i said yes
    he then asked when last i had been in forever 21 i said yesterday because i actually went to redeem a VIP pass 40 % off
    then he looked at my resume and said what position are you looking at i said sales and he wrote it down on my resume.
    he also said you have worked before in (the company i worked in"s name) i said yes he said what do i use to do, i was actually the assistant manager , and i oversaw two employees back home which was outside of canada
    he then told us to move to another table (at this point i did not know i was already hired)
    he told me to pick a convenient day for orientation , i picked the first day like others he said good choice.
    gave me the venue.
    gave me a little card with my information welcome to the team.
    he shook my hand welcome aboard and congratulations.

no negotiations i wrote 11.00 per hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21 in November 2014.

The guy that interview me just didn't want to be there it seems. But most of the question were pretty basic. And this will be my first time job so i was ask how i would fit in working at retail.

No negotiation, $11 for everyone