Forever 21

Updated 28 Feb 2015

2.1

Sale Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21.

They call you for an open interview where you and 5 - 15 other people will get in a circle and they'll ask you interview questions. After they call you within a week if you got it.
    I don't remember any of the questions but you don't need experience so don't worry.
    Just be yourself. If they hire you and your a completely different person after it will not go well.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your Fashion sense? How do you like to dress?   Answer Question
    Most of us started at $7.80 to $7.90. If you want to get an above average wage apply during holidays when we need to hire as much people as possible so the wages are extra high to get people in. Then you can stay as a regular part timer. Most get paid around $8.50 now.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21.

Group interview, if theyre doing an open house make sure to get there EARLY,i came in an hour late and there was a giant line from one end of the building to the other! Oh also the people for this company are so unprofessional,it will take them weeks to call you back for training, and they don't even give you a schedule you have to call and they don't even answer the phone when you do, please look for a better job opportunity somewhere else forever 21 is not worth it, it really is just a waste of time.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21 in February 2015.

I went in and asked if they were hiring and they were so I turned in an application there and a few weeks later I got a call for an interview. It was on a Thursday. They had back to back interviews so it was pretty fast. About 20-30 mins. They asked pretty much only 3 questions. "Why do you wanna work here?" " What is good customer service to you? "What is teamwork mean to you and why is it important? Give an example where you had to work with a team to achieve something." Could be work, school, at home etc.. There were 2 people interviewing us. A guy and girl. In my group interview there was me and 3 other girls. So 4 total. Now it was time for the scenerio part of the interview where we had to pick an outfit. The last time I went to an interview at another location we had to individually pick an outfit in 5 mins according to the scenario she gave us. Here they made us partner up and one group had to pick an outfit for the guy and WE had to pick one for the girl.( thank god!) And we had ONE MINUTE! Our scenario was her going to a birthday party.. a fancy restaurant kind.. she loved our outfit she said it was exactly her taste. We were so happy even though we definitely went over 1 min :) so that was the end and they said if we're interested you'll get a call tonight by 9. If you don't get a call then we've moved on to other applicants. They shook our hands and left. To me this was the funnest group interview I ever did. Personally I don't like group interviews but this one was really fun and the girls were really nice we were all talking before the interview started. Really fun experience :) wasn't nervous at all. Just be yourself talk loud and when you pick your outfits get more then one! Have OPTIONS! That's what she said we shuldve have did. She said it's good to have different options. Good luck :) just have fun!

Corporate Interview- Payroll Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Forever 21.

Let me start with this: I will NEVER work for Forever 21

Upon arriving to Forever 21 corporate, the location was pretty sketchy. The instructions to get to the right parking lot was incorrect. In the e-mail, they said to go to lot 2; however, I found out that it was supposed to be lot 4. Bad communication already.

So for the interview, they bring you to a conference room that looks like an interrogation room. It was a white room and table with black chairs.

The interviewer was so rude. The position was an entry level position only requiring an Associates degree. The interviewer skimmed my resume and basically said my experience was useless, even though I had 2 years of experience and my bachelors degree. Keep in mind, I just graduated a month ago and had 2 years of experience which is pretty good as it is already. She was basically testing me the whole time, she smirked and asked me questions hoping to stump me. It was NOT a get to know you, it was more like an interrogation. Then she literally told me "This job is not fun. Its alot of attention to detail. You have to work holidays". Which was really discouraging...I mean what kind of companies say that during an interview?

After that she asked for my salary range. I told her it was 41-50k. Prior to this interview, I told the recruiter this same amount and she agreed that it was a reasonable salary range. I also based this number off of the average salary for this position and for this city (LA). After telling her my range, she tried to undercut me by saying " thats too high. i dont like the negotiation process. this is an entry level positon, think of your lowest number you would work for an entry level position" I told her low thirty and high forties but she STILL was not happy. She basically wanted to pay me low thirties!

What I dont understand is...she wants someone who was more experienced yet wanted to pay them less. I definitely do not want to work for a boss like that. I left and will never look back on Forever 21.

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21.

I applied there during the summer and got a call back for a group interview about 2 or 3 weeks later. I came into the interview and the hiring manager was on their break, so another manager conducted it. I thought it was fairly easy-- why Forever 21? Question about own fashion sense, what makes good customer service, if an item was stolen etc. Fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    • What if you were in a situation where you are going into another room to help a customer, then another customer approaches you and you notice another customer is using a hook to get something from the higher racks, while you hear the phone ringing; how would all that be handled?   View Answer
    Since I asked a little more than what minimum wage was, we met halfway

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21.

I got a phone call from one of the recruiting coordinators to schedule an interview. They had two different dates to choose from and it wasn't the typical "let me know your availability," you only had those two dates to choose from. Later, I found out that I was going to a group interview. We were 4 or 5 people in total and I believe that they were 5 in total to come interview with us. The questions weren't that many or particularly difficult, but it was definitely harder to come up with original answers when there were others, answering the same question as you were.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

It was pretty cool, alot of candidates so arrive early! It's a group which doesn't make it bad but could be intimidating at the same time. Questions were pretty simple just relax, dress fashionable and try to stand out!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

The process took 1 day. I attended a job fair. They asked easy questions like who is your favorite fashion designer, why forever 21 etc. If you have the Forever 21 look you'll get hired. Look trendy and fashionable for the interview and you'll be fine :)

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21.

Group Interview, called for a second interview with the store manager. Hired on the spot. There were about 2 other people in the group interview, we all answered the same questions. Less than 24 hours later I was called for a one on one interview.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Forever 21.

Applied online, got a call 2 days later , went in for an intereview , it was a group interview held in the food court if the mall. There were about 4 other girls with WAY More experience than I. We went around the table introducing ourselves what we like to do & then she asked basic questions like can u handle fast paced environments ? what's good customer service ? Etc. not hard questions at all, the manger and I were talking like we've bern friends it was great! At the end of the interview she basically said I'll call before the end of the day to let you know if we want you , if you don't get a call then sorry ! 7:00pm rolled around & I got a call ! I cried I was so excited I got the job.

Interview Questions
    She called and asked if I would want the seasonal position for 8.25 & I accepted