Forever 21 Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
588 interviews

2.1

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2012.

submitted resume in store and since new store opening they did group interviews (5/6 people). manager asked a question and people answered one by one. there were a range of interviewees. some were more formally dressed than others but I dont think it really mattered in the end. Might be because they really needed employees though. Got a call the next day to start training.

Interview Questions
    • all pretty standard. previous experience with customers; best quality about yourself; how to work in fast paced environment etc.   Answer Question
    minimum wage position.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hamilton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2014.

well I gave my resume to an assistant manager and she told me to come to the interview 4 days after I gave my resume to her in person. the interview was an open interview and there were around 19 people including me. only 10 were chosen to be hired. it's best to talk to some of the people near you, it helps to make you feel less nervous and seem more outgoing. the managers were so friendly so it made the whole process a lot more smooth.

Interview Questions
    after 5 days from the initial interview, I got a call for an orientation!

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Concord, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2014.

You show up to find that it is a group interview. They take you to a corner of the store and ask you questions. Then they ask you to pick out an outfit and give you 10 minutes to go and find one.

Interview Questions
    • If I called your last employer and asked what is something negative about you what would it be?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

PR Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2014.

No phone interview, called in for first round. I was interviewed by 3 younger women, and it was very intimidating. I felt that I was being judged the whole time. They asked tons of questions about fashion, nothing about my PR experience. They had me walk them through every position on my resume and it almost seemed they were struggling to find questions to ask me. One woman kept looking at another person's resume during my interview which I felt was rude. Overall, it was not a good interview experience, the girls were immature and the position has nothing to do with PR.

Interview Questions
    • What fashion blogs do you follow? What celebrity if your fashion twin? What fashion blogs do you follow on Instagram? What do you like about our social media and what can we change?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2013.

I wasn't expecting a group interview. There was about 20 people interviewing for the same position. If you were not communicating with the manager, you basically didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time when you and a customer had a disagreement?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21.

Walked in the store and picked up an application. Turned it in to a manager, they reviewed it and started interviewing me on the spot. It was sudden but I tried to not show it. They asked routine questions like 'why forever 21', 'what would you do in this situation', 'how do you keep up with the latest trends' and I answered them honestly and confidently. i was hired on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Forever 21.

Came in filled out App. Manager asked to see me right away. We did a one on one interview in the lobby area of the mall and she asked a series of questions. Nothing out of the ordinary, just previous work history, why I wanted to work their. I was hired on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Forever 21.

The whole process took about 3 and half weeks. A friend of mines told me they were hiring so I hurried up and completed an application. I turned my application and resume in personally to the store manager and introduced myself. She asked certain questions on the spot like do you have any retail experience, etc. I had ZERO experience in retail but I showed confidence & also explained my last job where I worked directly with people. She told me she would give me a call but of course as a job seeker NEVER rely on that. I called about a week later to speak with her on following up with my app but she wouldn't be in that entire week! So I continued my job hunt. About 2 weeks later I finally got a call for an interview. It was a one on one interview with an assistant manager, who was very laid back and the questions asked were as well. After the interview she told me I should be receiving a call in a couple days. 2 days later I was offered the position. I accepted and had to go through two days of orientation! I started my first shift a couple days later.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were really basic.
      Tell me about yourself.
      What's your sense of style?
      How would you deal w/ a difficult customer?
      Why would you like to work in retail?
      How well do you work w/ others?
        Answer Question
    Nope

Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2014.

There is a interview with the district manager and if you are considered you are called back for an interview with the store manager and district manager depending on the store. Some interviews are group interviews with different store managers to see if you are qualified for a new store opening.

s

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2014.

I went to the mall for the job fair, expecting people to be sitting outside and filling out applications but instead it was just a small table with 3 interviewers interviewing people. I totally thought the job fair was going to be a group interview but I was wrong. I waited a while for one of the interviews to be over (didn't take too long, 7 minutes?). The interviewer I got was very relaxed and dressed really casually as opposed to the other two which were dressed much more formally. She was super nice and just asked me the series of questions listed below. As she was wrapping up the interview she shook my hand and said, "Welcome to the team". I was so stunned that she hired me on the spot, I didn't even have to words to speak. I just stared at her and she said we'll give you a call soon about the orientation. Not entirely sure if I'll be able to hold the job considering the fact they are mass hiring, friends have told me that they hire 300 people to help set up the store then fire a whole bunch.

Interview Questions
    • Are you over 16?
      What do you know about forever 21?
      What skills have you put into play in your previous employment?
      What is the most valuable skill you have taken from that job(s)?
      Strengths and weaknesses?
      What is customer service to you?
      How would you deal with an upset customer?
      How would you deal with someone shop lifting?
      What do you want to gain at forever 21 ?(work experience related)
      Why would you be an asset to forever 21?
      How do you deal in situations involving high levels of stress?
        Answer Question

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!