Forever 21 Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in October 2013.

The interview was a one on one and very fun and the questions weren't hard at all. Make sure you come dressed to the interview fashionable but professional. I got a phone call with an offer just an hour after my interview and I accepted the offer. I had to go to an orientation and then I started that very weekend.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your favorite fashion designer at the moment?   View Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21.

was very easy because of my experience and studies. they promise a lot of things when i was in the interview, like more money after the training months plus they didn't talk about working night shifts on weekends.

Interview Questions
    • offering me less money than they said in the job offer   View Answer
    go in for 3 months while the training with a low salary, the get more money, It never happened that way.

Forever 21 Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2014.

Walked in and asked for a manager I was given an application and scheduled for an interview on the spot for the following day. Interviewed with the loss prevention head and was told to expect a call before Monday (interview was held on Friday). On Sunday afternoon I was called back and offered a sales position. I started the week after my orientation due to an issue with my paper work at HR, you'll probably start much sooner(days after).

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. My interviewer asked "Why do YOU want to work here?" several times throughout usually after explaining a not-so-pleasant part of the job, I guess to make sure I was serious about the job.   Answer Question
    No negotiation unless you've worked retail for very long or are a higher up(manager)

Employee/Asst Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in January 2014.

I applied on website and the process from that point to actually being hired was very confusing, unorganized, unprofessional. I did not get a response for weeks as to whether or not I had a job and what my pay would be.

Interview Questions
    • How would I handle a complaint about store manager from employee or myself.   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate but felt uncomfortable waiting weeks on the answer to get paid more.

Sales Interview

dress appropriately and you should be okay. Be professional and be prompt/punctual. They will call you for an interview if they like your application. It will probably take a really long time for them to get back to you so don't expect to get a reply immediately

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2014.

I went in on a Saturday filled out the application and headed towards the managers office i was introduced and told to come the following day in the evening for my interview. That Sunday I went in expecting a group interview but fortunately i received a one on one interview. I was asked questions such as what is good customer service, why I would want the job and what if someone on my floor isn't working. After all of that the manager asked if I had a question to ask, that's the question that had me looking around. Eventually I was hired and told to come in for orientation in a couple of days.I believe because I had strong statements about customer service and its importance. For my outfit I wore a simple woven black forever top with a tank top underneath so it wont be revealing, grey and black high wasted printed pants from h&m and a pair of black fisherman style sandals and Ii wore all silver accessories including my watch and a metallic feather tribal necklace.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Forever 21.

Sat down with manager, 1:1. She asked one question, "why do you want to work at forever 21" which I answered. She then asked me no more questions, instead talking about her store, the problems she has with her employees, etc. She gave me all the answers I needed. I then said "well I got a lot of information from you, let me go point by point and address everything." And gave her a pitch she couldn't refuse, simply because she gave me all the information I needed to know where she was coming from, the problems she's encountered, and what she's looking for. She called me 5 days later to say that I was hired.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Forever 21.

applied online and was called two weeks later. went in for an informal interview. the manager was very nice and was very interested in my personal interests and hobbies. felt like a good conversation vs. a strict interview. had to ask the manager 3 questions about her style and had 60 seconds to pick out an outfit based on her answers. very fun task! if you are a creative person, you will have fun. i wore a floral crop top with high waist pants, a blazer and heels -- she complimented me on it and said the company encourages uniqueness. most important thing: be yourself! you can go in wearing a polo and khakis but to really make an impression, look original and professional. laugh and have fun! i was called about an hour after getting home from f21 and was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • ask me 3 questions about my style, then i want you to pick an outfit for me in 60 seconds   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2014.

I looked online to see when Forever 21 were having their job fairs in my area. The day of the job fair I went and there was A LOT or people there. We all filled out an application and then waited on line to be interviewed. The manager was calling 3 people from the line to do a group interview and the assistant manager would call one person from the line to do a 1:1 interview ( so the line went by pretty fast ) I ended up doing a group interview with two other people and I stood out really well. The manager was very nice and told me to come back the day after next with my information. That day I brought in my information and filled out documents and had a tour of the store as well as the other people who got hired ( it was many of us who got hired)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a bad experience you had with forever 21 ?   View Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interviewed with the Visual Manager and the Store Manager. Interview lasted approximately 40 minutes. Interview was pretty laid back. Asked questions regarding fashion trends, how you would train your associates to adhere to visual standards. Conducted an activity where you had to go throughout the store to create "looks".

Interview Questions
    • What are the current trends you are seeing in the market.   Answer Question

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!