Forever 21 Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions

Updated 6 Oct 2014

2.1

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21.

I was shopping and saw a table with a sign that said hiring and some applications. I had been looking for a second job and I figured why not. I filled one out turned it in and got a call back the next day or possibly the day after that. I had an interview set up a few days later that when I arrived I realized was a group interview. I wore something that would be considered trendy due to the nature of the job. I was interviewed with two other girls and it was relatively easy. The questions for the lost part were the typical who are you what have you done in the past why do you want to work here etc. As well as telling us about the company and the types of personality they're looking for. At the end of the interview we were all hired on the spot. Generally they do call backs I believe, but he said he wanted all three of us so there was no need to call individually. We were then all set up with an orientation date and sent on our ways.

Interview Questions
  • If a customer were to come up to you with this shirt and say she really liked it but she's not sure if it would look good on her or how to wear it what would you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Forever 21

Sales Floor Associate Interview

No real process. Kind of just showed up in the store and started filling out paperwork. i guess I just got lucky because I just happened to show up on the day that they were doing new hire orientation so the manager just told me to join on in. I would definitely suggest that to anyone else, instead of just turning your app in, make sure you follow up and hound them or they will hardly ever get to it and call you back.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Forever 21 in July 2014.

You show up to find that it is a group interview. They take you to a corner of the store and ask you questions. Then they ask you to pick out an outfit and give you 10 minutes to go and find one.

Interview Questions
    • If I called your last employer and asked what is something negative about you what would it be?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21.

Online application followed by a phone interview and then interview in person.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21 in October 2012.

I arrived a little early and wandered the floor until it was time for the interview. It was a group interview with me and 4 other girls. The manager took us to a lounge area outside the store. She started with the basics, like "Tell us about yourself, your work experience, ECT" She also asked "I see tons of applications a day, why should I hire you?" The best thing is to just say you are determined, goal oriented, and have a strong work ethic. She then divided us into two groups. Group 1 went with the manager to look at the clothes and talk to the manager about visualization. Group 2 had to pick out an outfit and then try any sell it to the manager. After my group showed her our outfit and pitched it to her, she hired us both on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • The manager asked us "If you could be any animal, what would you be?" I answered simply, a cat, because they are sleek and beautiful animals. I was a bit confused by this question. I wasn't sure why she asked. I think maybe she just wanted to see the playful sides of the interviewees and see who could still have fun while working hard.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21 in July 2012.

Went in last minute for a group interview. It was my first interview and I went in unprepared as a last minute "what the heck" kind of thing. Be prepared to "sell" a article of clothing to the interviewer. Don't say anything negative about it, sell its positives, but don't sound too fake.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do with a troubling customer?   View Answer

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Forever 21 in August 2011.

I turned in my application and got a call to attend an interview the same day. Based on how I was scheduled (it seemed arbitrary and the manager didn't bother to schedule my name into a specific time slot) it sounded like a group interview--which it was. There were two managers who conducted the interview. They ask some stock questions provided by Forever 21 (standard ones regarding how to treat customers, etc). It seemed almost conversational and the applicants took turns. They do ask about what shrink is and what other retail terms mean. It's good not to be a show-off and hog the entire conversation, but it's also good not to shrink into the background.

Interview Questions
    • What is shrink?   View Answer
    • We were given an item of clothing and asked to "sell" the garment.   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate, but I wasn't expecting to be able to since it's an entrance position and you don't need extensive retail experience to get this job. When the manager called to tell me I'd been hired she gave me the wage they were offering (a little over minimum) and asked if I wanted to accept or decline.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA (US)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21 in March 2011.

i attended an open job fair for the opening of the new store in walnut creek, ca. it was held outside of the location. we were required to bring a resume as well as fill out an application. a district manager spoke of the company, and we were directed to 1:1 interviews with other management staff and from there based on personality and experience offered a position or not

Interview Questions
    • how have you handled an irate customer in the past   View Answer

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21 in March 2011.

Told the manager I was interested, he pulled me aside and interviewed me on the spot. He also offered me the job on the spot, and started the next day.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Forever 21 in September 2010.

I went to the open interviews and had a call 2 days later. The questions were pretty basic. Why do I want to work on the company, what do I see from the company, what can I bring to it. It is the same almost everywhere.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions considered it was an open interview and there was a line-up   Answer Question