Fred Meyer Interview Questions

Updated 30 Jun 2015

2.3

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clackamas, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fred Meyer (Clackamas, OR (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

It was one of the easiest interviews I have ever participated in. She'd interviewed one other candidate earlier in the day. After the initial conversation with me, she said she was interested in hiring me. She consulted with the customer service manager and the next day I received a phone call with a job offer!
    She only asked one formal interview question, before explaining dress code, job responsibilities and union fees to me.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the skills and qualities required for good customer service?   Answer Question

CCK Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a couple days later I received a call from an HR department and answered a few questions and they scheduled me for an in person interview the next day. The interview was with one manager and we talked about my job history and availability. It was very relaxed and friendly. I completed the mouth swab drug test and as soon as they hear back about that test and my background check, I have the job!

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bonney Lake, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fred Meyer (Bonney Lake, WA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call two days later; was asked a few simple questions over the phone (why do I want this position?). Came in for an interview three days later. Was told I would receive a phone call four days later to tell me yay or nay; I wasted an entire Saturday waiting for a call I never received.

Interview Questions

• What personal experiences, inside and outside of work, are you most proud of?   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fred Meyer in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few days later. We had a short 5-10 minute over the phone interview and I was asked to come in for an in person interview a few days later. I showed up 20 minutes early and the HR and Produce Manager interviewed me. It was very laid back and easy. They didn't have my application with them and they somehow missed the part that I wasn't yet 18 and came up with questions on the spot. I got an email about 2 weeks later saying I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Why would you like this position   Answer Question
    • Where do you go to school, what grade are you in, and will you be able to keep this job once school starts again   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

The interview process was just a simple sit down with HR and the manager of the Deli, Both where pretty friendly. After meeting with the two I was given a tour of the store while I talked about possible responsibilities that the job would require me to do.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grants Pass, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fred Meyer (Grants Pass, OR (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Manager was not there on this particular day and the HR person handled the interview. She was super nice, and I felt at ease during the questions. I tend to ramble and kept reminding myself internally 'be quiet'. The interviewer had a set of questions to ask that had been generated by my online quiz, they were not difficult but real time type questions. It was a pleasant experience and I was offered employment after.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite job? Why?   1 Answer

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online on a Wednesday morning. Received a call from some third party recruiter about the job that same night to set up an interview. My interview was Friday morning, in store. I met with a lady from the HR department for maybe 15 minutes and I left with a pretty good feeling about my chances. I sent her a quick thank-you note Sunday in the evening to clear up the uncertainties she had expressed during our interview. Monday morning I got the call from her inviting me in to take my drug test and to finish the application process.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with people who have aggressive personalities?   Answer Question

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

Very easy- almost painfully so. After brief "typical" interview questions (goals, what I can contribute to the company, what kind of employee am I, where do I see myself in 10 years, etc) they brought in the bakery manager. She asked if I had ever baked before and explained that I would really just be using the oven to heat up frozen baked goods. Then I took a drug test and was given a date and time to come in for training. I was amazed at how easy it was- however, I know that they were almost desperate to hire for this position.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

Sat down and got the job. That's it. Asked me about my costumer services back ground. Also got promoted later on with out interviewing. You just have to be in good terms with the right people.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to do this job?   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

Someone gets a call from HR and gives a recommendation to whichever department manager has the opening. Someone then gets to interview with the department manager and most likely another interview with a higher manager. If someone gets the job, they get a mouth swab test and a background test.

The background test takes:

FOREVER

The process took too long for what the job was, I wondered many times for about a month if they were ever going to call me back with orientation details.

I got the job and the management doesn't know what they are doing in any way and attempt to create an autopilot atmosphere with old closed door management techniques. The pay isn't bad, for retail, and the job isn't that bad.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 things you would improve about yourself if you could?   1 Answer