Freddie Mac Interview Questions

Updated 23 Sep 2014
Updated 23 Sep 2014

2.8

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

I interviewed with multiple people in the same day. I interviewed first with some now co-workers, I interviewed with the director and then senior director. After the interviews they all got together and collectively decided I was the person for the position based on my management experience.

Interview Questions
    Back and forth on current salary and percentage of increase

Internal Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Applied online via Freddie Mac website. I got a reply from a recruiter 2 weeks later. She scheduled me for a phone interview - mostly behavioral questions. Invited to the headquarter, i had interviews with 3 groups within the team. Behavioral & fit questions as well. It's been a week, no reply yet. But based on past comments, that's likely a no.

Economist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

After a couple of phone interviews, on-site one day interviews with almost all the members of the department. They usually ask applicants with PhD to give a presentation and everybody in the department attends.

Financial Rotation Analyst Interview

On campus interview followed by interviews at Freddie. I had 3 interviews at Freddie which had mostly typical behavioral questions. One of the interviewers was technical and questions were tougher. Make sure you know what the actual rotations are in financial rotation programs, whether at Freddie or another company. Usually not a lot of finance the way you learn about it in college. It’s more so accounting and financial analytics (volume increased in this x type of asset because there was more demand from z type of investors). Excel, VBA, SQL and/SAS skills are extremely useful. Best way to add value as an analyst.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of option does a mortgage have?   View Answer

Project Management Senior Interview

Hiring is mostly by applying for jobs via the online portal. There is a campus recruitment for college hire that is a 2 year rotational program. The hiring for International candidates is more cumbersome due to the visa considerations.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to shift from one group to another.   Answer Question

Multi-Family Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in June 2014.

Recruiters worked fast and efficiently to schedule my interview. The company also paid for my Amtrak ticket from San Diego to their LA office. They got back to me the next week as to whether I got the position or not. Everyone I interacted with was very nice and professional.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't get asked any specific questions. They just described the position to me and asked if I would be okay with the job duties.   Answer Question

Risk Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

The interview process was quick. The HR person coordinated scheduling for an in person interview with the hiring manager and a team member. The interviews were conducted professionally with questions focused on the technical requirements of the job. Overall, the hiring and interview process was quick and pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • The difficult questions were regarding the technical requirements of the job.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Initial contact was made by the recruiter that spend a few minutes to give more details on position and salary information.
    Had one interview that that was around 30 minutes. Process was pretty easy

Interview Questions
    • Only difficult questions were about the mortgage industry that aren't taught in school or regular discussed in other documents   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate a higher salary.

IT Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2014.

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a couple of days later (beginning of the week). He wanted my availability for a phone interview that week. I immediately provided my availability. Friday came and went, but I hadn't heard back.

I emailed the recruiter to see if they were still interested in speaking to me. He said yes and to provide availability for the following week. Got the interview set up.

Spoke to 2 individuals that are peers to this position. Basic interview about my background and my experience. They did ask if I had experience in a particular area, that was not mentioned anywhere in my resume.

Contacted the recruiter after the interview (as requested by him) and left a VM. It's been over a month and I haven't heard anything, so I guess I'm out of the running. Would have expected a "thanks but no thanks" email.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

I applied for the position on college recruiting site in Jan 2013 and was contacted a couple weeks later I was contacted to setup a phone interview. I did the phone interview and was contacted the same day and was asked to attend "Freddie Day" in McLean, VA. Freddie Day is two-day event that takes place. If you are more than 50 miles away they provide transportation and hotel accommodations. The first night there we did a lot of networking with current employees who are in Tech. Analyst Program and directors from different departments in Freddie Mac. The next day was guided tour of buildings and then interviews. There were two 45 minute interviews. Some candidates had 1 person conducting interview the others had 2 people asking questions. Majority of questions were behavioral, but there were some technical questions. I was contacted 2 days after the interviews and was given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What about Freddie Mac makes you want to work here? ; What characteristics do you think are important when describing a leader?   Answer Question
    No negotiations were done I was content with the offer.

Worked for Freddie Mac? Contribute to the Community!