Freddie Mac Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014
Updated Sep 6, 2014

2.8

Economist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

After a couple of phone interviews, on-site one day interviews with almost all the members of the department. They usually ask applicants with PhD to give a presentation and everybody in the department attends.

Financial Rotation Analyst Interview

On campus interview followed by interviews at Freddie. I had 3 interviews at Freddie which had mostly typical behavioral questions. One of the interviewers was technical and questions were tougher. Make sure you know what the actual rotations are in financial rotation programs, whether at Freddie or another company. Usually not a lot of finance the way you learn about it in college. It’s more so accounting and financial analytics (volume increased in this x type of asset because there was more demand from z type of investors). Excel, VBA, SQL and/SAS skills are extremely useful. Best way to add value as an analyst.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in September 2010.

The process was reasonable and typical. The position was never defined properly, and I spent most of my time at FM trying to drum-up work. Part of the problem may have been that a project I was hired to support was cancelled almost immediately after I was hired.

Not too bad. I got more than money than I perhaps thought I would get. The position description was vague from the beginning, and after I started I realized FM didn't really know what I was supposed to be doing either. Not a particularly auspicious start (or finish).

Multi-Family Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in June 2014.

Recruiters worked fast and efficiently to schedule my interview. The company also paid for my Amtrak ticket from San Diego to their LA office. They got back to me the next week as to whether I got the position or not. Everyone I interacted with was very nice and professional.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't get asked any specific questions. They just described the position to me and asked if I would be okay with the job duties.   Answer Question

Project Management Senior Interview

Hiring is mostly by applying for jobs via the online portal. There is a campus recruitment for college hire that is a 2 year rotational program. The hiring for International candidates is more cumbersome due to the visa considerations.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to shift from one group to another.   Answer Question

IT Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2014.

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a couple of days later (beginning of the week). He wanted my availability for a phone interview that week. I immediately provided my availability. Friday came and went, but I hadn't heard back.

I emailed the recruiter to see if they were still interested in speaking to me. He said yes and to provide availability for the following week. Got the interview set up.

Spoke to 2 individuals that are peers to this position. Basic interview about my background and my experience. They did ask if I had experience in a particular area, that was not mentioned anywhere in my resume.

Contacted the recruiter after the interview (as requested by him) and left a VM. It's been over a month and I haven't heard anything, so I guess I'm out of the running. Would have expected a "thanks but no thanks" email.

Senior Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Freddie Mac in November 2010.

Generally a quick proces. Submissions through on-line process. Submission was through the HR department. Was a positive experience. HR was very responsive and the in person interviews were pleasant. Interviews were with a wide range of staff. Range went from co-worker to head of department.

Interview Questions
    • Qustion regarding the Company's status in conservatorship.   Answer Question
    limited feedback. Asked what salary range looking for and they worked to match it.

Risk Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

The interview process was quick. The HR person coordinated scheduling for an in person interview with the hiring manager and a team member. The interviews were conducted professionally with questions focused on the technical requirements of the job. Overall, the hiring and interview process was quick and pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • The difficult questions were regarding the technical requirements of the job.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Freddie Mac in October 2011.

Very confusing. Was not clear who would be the supervisor. Very rushed and haphazard.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation as the position was a consultant position.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Initial contact was made by the recruiter that spend a few minutes to give more details on position and salary information.
    Had one interview that that was around 30 minutes. Process was pretty easy

Interview Questions
    • Only difficult questions were about the mortgage industry that aren't taught in school or regular discussed in other documents   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate a higher salary.

Worked for Freddie Mac? Contribute to the Community!