Freddie Mac

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

McLean, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in September 2010.

Interview Details The process was reasonable and typical. The position was never defined properly, and I spent most of my time at FM trying to drum-up work. Part of the problem may have been that a project I was hired to support was cancelled almost immediately after I was hired.

Negotiation Details – Not too bad. I got more than money than I perhaps thought I would get. The position description was vague from the beginning, and after I started I realized FM didn't really know what I was supposed to be doing either. Not a particularly auspicious start (or finish).

Interviewed at Freddie Mac

Interview Details Initial contact was made by the recruiter that spend a few minutes to give more details on position and salary information.
Had one interview that that was around 30 minutes. Process was pretty easy

Interview Question – Only difficult questions were about the mortgage industry that aren't taught in school or regular discussed in other documents   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate a higher salary.

Senior Business Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview Details Got a call from HR. Typical HR screening and filling-out form and was told a manager from the team will call. Routine questions and was then brought-in onsite. Meet with rest of the team and couple of interviews with director and vp.

Interview Question – Questions about subject matter and few technical questions that I had difficulty addressing, but not too bad.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was not way out of the ball-park, but below what I had expected. So, I did suggest my concerns and got a call back from HR in a day - they accepted my request.

McLean, VA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2010.

Interview Details Being an ex-GSE (from Fannie or Ginnie Mae) significantly improves chances for being hired. But certainly prior mortgage expirience is required. The interview process is usually a phone interview followed by a face-to-face interview. Often number of interviewers are no greater than 3 people. They look for personality and cultural match more than just the skills in resume

Interview Question – how would you manage office politics and transparency with managent   Answer Question

Worked for Freddie Mac? Contribute to the Community!