Fry's Electronics

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Fry's Electronics

Interview Details You would have to wait about two weeks to get an interview, while you get the interview there is a selection process you go through.

Interview Question – Why do you choose to apply at Fry's Electronics?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was aiming for $9 they negotiated to $8.50.

Interviewed at Fry's Electronics

Interview Details Interview was quite simple due to turning rate of employees. There were 2 interviews total. One by the shift manager and second by department manager. Questions were relatively easy. Just the basic stuff and what you could contribute to the company. Since cashier is a customer service position focus on explaining the characteristics that would make you stand out.

Interview Question – How have dealt with a difficult client?   View Answer

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in June 2009.

Interview Details my friend who was a supervisor told me to apply and he turned in the app for me and i got a call telling me to be there at a certain time and day for and interview with supervisor #1. got to the interview very simple asked me why i want to work there and gave me the description of the job. supervisor told me to come next day for interview with the department manager and dress code. did the interview told me about the store and the department and told me to come next day for interview with the store manager and dress code. did the last interview with the manager and asked me about my last job why i left and asked if i was good friends with my friend who referred me. i said no just had a couple classes with him in school. ( if you are referred i would suggest not to say your bffs because they will think you will just horse around) at the end of the interview she said ok please take this to the drug testing center and went and took it and passes and was called for a week long orientation training and next week your all on you own.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Austin, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in March 2011.

Interview Details The hiring process seemed a tad bit rushed. I felt as if they were pretty much only checking my pulse. They threw all these side duties at me, then the minimun wage+commission, then asked if I could pass a drug test. That was pretty much it. I want to accept simply because it's remotely related to my degree field in IT but the seemingly low pay (it was dead every time I went in so I don't trust the commissions as a cashier required to do $10,000 a day!) and all the negative reviews here are making me think twice! Overall though, Fry's has been around for quite some time and I recognize a lot of employees there that have been around a while-I'm a regular shopper there so working there COULD be a good thing....

Negotiation Details – No negotiation whatsoever! This is the job, this is the pay, no the base doesn't go up (they actually told me that), and you won't hurt my feelings if you don't want the job (yes they said that too!) so take it or leave it! I took it but don't start for another week so still have the option of staying where I'm at.

Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in February 2010.

Interview Details They talked to me about some basic stuff.

Interview Question – What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fry's Electronics

Worked for Fry's Electronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fry's Electronics Cashier interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fry's Electronics employees and interview candidates.