GE

Average Difficulty
41 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details Campus Hiring Process.
1. First round of written exam which included aptitude and technical questionnaire.
2. 1 Technical round done by the hiring manager which lasted for about 45 minutes.
3. 1 HR interview that lasted for about 30 minutes.
Written examination is used as a screening procedure to weed out the weak candidates and to give the top candidates enough time to interview. Technical round was probably the deciding round as the HR round was more like standard STAR questions which were easy to tackle.

Interview Question – All technical questions were based on fundamentals and problem solving approach.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as I got the offer through campus placement.

Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details A telephonic followed by a 1:1 at the office campus

Interview Question – expectations   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE in July 2011.

Interview Details Hiring process was very tedious ,so many forms to fill .
3 levels of interview 1 telephonic and 1techinical and 1 HR

Interview Question – Fluid mechanics   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate,

Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE in April 2008.

Interview Details Lost of importance on fundamentals. Also look at ability to solve problem, take challenges and work in team invironment.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations on salary. They pay well as per there standards.

Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at GE in December 2008.

Interview Details Interview was very smooth, targets the basic knowledge instead of tool knowledge and it was not an interview but went like a discussion for one and half an hour

Interview Question – When a plate with hole heated will the hole increase the diameter or reduce the diameter?   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – I was joined as fresher so no negotiations done fixed salary for fresher and the benefits

Bangalore

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GE in March 2011.

Interview Details First Round--Technical with manager
Second Round--Technical & Business with Senior managers
Third round--HR

Interview Question – All Questions were moderate. But You need to be good in Basics.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have fixed Salary range. If you ask less also they will give you more & if you ask more also they will give in that range only. No negotiations in that matter. They will be ready to drop you if u are not accepting the salary compensation.

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE in July 2008.

Interview Details Written exam (Technical + Aptitude) followed by Technical & HR interview.......
Everything is fundamental. ..

Interview Question – Typical interview questions are asked.   Answer Question

Hyderābād

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE in October 2011.

Interview Details The company members were looking for people with high technical and team skills to work in as the einstein undergraduate trainee. The position involved 3 years of training and it also involved 2 rounds of tests.

Interview Question – say me your technical achievements and failures?   Answer Question

Johannesburg (South Africa)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details I was contacted and asked to first complete a questionnaire - mostly behavioural.
A week after I had a telephonic interview with that manager - behavioural
A week after that I had a one on one interview still with the same manager - technical/ behavioural
2 weeks after that I had a Skype interview with the manager from Chicago - technical/ behavioural
1 week after that interview I had another telephonic interview with the HR from the UK - behavioural

It was almost 2 months before I received an offer from GE, however its still contingent to my fingerprint testing being clear.

You also have to send in all documents, certificates, references and a thorough background check is done.

The interviews are simple but you must have many examples and situations to discuss. The people were exceptionally friendly as well.

The salary offered was good but I requested a review/ negotiation for the possibility of a better package.

No one ever asked me about my desired salary or knew my current salary - only after the HR interview was I given a form to fill to stipulate my desired salary.

Interview Question – All questions started with "tell me about a time when"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I am currently negotiating. received the offer but sent an email through to ask if the offer could be reviewed as it was very close to current. They said it should be another 2 weeks before I know.

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details Pleasant and easy going conversations, three different groups of two interviewed at three different times, HR and hiring manager and a few of their peers, they got back to me quick in terms of the response, I just had many other offers to choose from at the time.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when.....   Answer Question

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!