GE Interview Questions

Updated 13 Apr 2015
Updated 13 Apr 2015

2.9

Engineer Interview

Interview

Two rounds and an HR round. The questions were mostly basic. The telephonic interview was mostly asking about experience. This was followed by face to face. Before going for the interview, make sure to carry some identity proof. If not, they can send you back from the gate.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE (Bangalore) in March 2015.

Interview

they asked me about my b.tech project. the job related to water treatment plant so they extented the question on water purification processes. the people are very cool and they can listen to us. there is no need to feel tension.overall interview was good. but I rejected the offer because I have plan to go abroad for higher studies.

Patent Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE.

Interview

Process starts with a telephonic discussion for 30-60 minutes. In next step, candidate is called for on-site technical presentation followed by multiple 1X1 interviews. Candidate is judged based on technical depth as well as on soft skills. Patent laws & rules may be asked if you have prior experience. Process take almost entire day including meeting with HR.

Negotiation

NA

IT Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at GE.

Interview

Good. not difficult questions. some of the interviewers were not qualified to interview. Hiring process is smooth.
    apt questions for the role are asked
    Sometimes too many layers of interviews
    Technical questions are not many

Lead Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE.

Interview

Applied online and was interviewed over telephone within 3 weeks. The technical interview over phone was followed by a site technical interview and discussion with HRM. It took few months to receive the final offer.

Interview Questions

• Discussion with HRM: how did you handle a conflict with a superior?   Answer Question

IMLP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through university. Process took one day. It involved an aptitude test, technical interview and HR interview. The interview wasn't very difficult. The interviewer asked me my favourite subject and asked me questions from another one. The questions were asked in increasing order of difficulty.

Interview Questions

• Questions were from Mechanics of Solids and thermodynamics   Answer Question

Edison Engineer Training Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE (Bangalore) in November 2014.

Interview

Written test of 20 aptitude questions and 20 tech questions(in each paper).
    Appeared for Controls and Power Systems

Power Systems:
    Mostly from machines(like alternator, locked rotor test of Induction motor) and power systems(travelling wave, symmetrical breaking curent calculation, cable capacitance determination, critical clearing angle calculation, basic questions on DC motors)

Control Systems:
    Theoritical question on PI controller, observability and controllability for a system matrix A, basic block diagram reductions, ADC output for a given analog input of V volts, find time constant of the system given by a control block diagram

Interview:

The questions were mainly based on the project done and questions related to it along with other questions on Induction motors, transformers.

HRM Interview

Interview

was a candid interaction with the interviewer... clearly behavioral interview
    interviewer gave enough time to think and respond.
    Several interactions / levels of interviews
    Closure happened in the following week. Prompt in responding to queries about benefits / policies.

Negotiation

na

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

Interview

Initial shortlist based on a written exam which had 2 sections. One section dealt with mechanical engineer and other section is on quantitative ability. Then a one on one Technical interview round followed by HR. Resume based interview, mostly stressed on the master's thesis and other projects

Negotiation

No negotiations

Engineer/Technologist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GE.

Interview

HR call , then technical interview,It was mostly technical & related to the domain of my major which fortunately was the area of requirement there too. Lots of questions were asked during the interview mostly to check the level of curiosity & interest in the subjects, depth of knowledge in the domain as well as understanding on the basic levels so as to build up on that during the time of Internship. The technical discussion lasted for about 45 minutes.