GE

Getting the Interview

606 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Service Representative Interview

I applied online and interviewed at GE.

Interview Details hiring is done over the phone as well as cald for personal interview

Interview Question – everything was just basics   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
Delhi

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details Telephonic screening thereafter personal rounds of interviews with technical teams and at last HR round of talks for finalising compensation...

Interview Question – Why do you want to join only GE not any other company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – HR round was the negotiation phase.

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at GE in January 2014.

Interview Details 1. Received a call from the manager of the lab, had a 30 - 45 discussion about my research.
2. Was called on site
3. 1 hr presentation on my research
4. 5 individual interview sessions with different members of the lab. Discussion in these sessions were limited to my research and presentation.

Interview Question – How would you apply your research to a GE project/scenario?   View Answer

Specialist - Incident Management Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details Should be strong in Technical as well as project implementation knowledge

Internship Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GE in April 2013.

Interview Details Applied through contacts and got a call from hiring manager, the interview was smooth in my case but there would be technical grilling on basic Mechanical Engineering subjects.

Interview Question – What is Stress?   View Answer

Engineer/Technologist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details I was contacted through their talent search team. The written round had 20 questions. Followed by 3 rounds of interview

Interview Question – Please share your experience on conflict management and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE in March 2011.

Interview Details Hiring process involves three rounds, one with HR , one with your hiring manager and next with either the CEO or CFO

Interview Question – Most difficult question always revolves around where do you see yourself in next 5 years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No it is not easy to negotiate but you can be frank about your requirements and skills that you can offer

Senior Service Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details Overall a good interview experience, logistics could have been better though.

Negotiation Details – Very difficult, could hardly get what I asked.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at GE.

Interview Details General Discussion and interest understanding. Minimal technical questions as MBA hire

Interview Question – Nothing specific   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Surathakal

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE in July 2012.

Interview Details nothing simple as it is only basic questions

Interview Question – asked about operating systems   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at GE

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!

GE Videos

GE – Why Work for Us?

At GE, we are builders. It goes beyond businesses, brands and infrastructure. With four businesses and operations in over 160 countries, GE employees have an unparalleled foundation on which to build their careers… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE interview questions and advice. All 606 interview reviews are posted anonymously by GE employees and interview candidates.