GE

GE Interview Questions

Updated 17 Nov 2014
Updated 17 Nov 2014

IMLP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in November 2014.

Applied through university. Process took one day. It involved an aptitude test, technical interview and HR interview. The interview wasn't very difficult. The interviewer asked me my favourite subject and asked me questions from another one. The questions were asked in increasing order of difficulty.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were from Mechanics of Solids and thermodynamics   Answer Question

Edison Engineer Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Written test of 20 aptitude questions and 20 tech questions(in each paper).
    Appeared for Controls and Power Systems

Power Systems:
    Mostly from machines(like alternator, locked rotor test of Induction motor) and power systems(travelling wave, symmetrical breaking curent calculation, cable capacitance determination, critical clearing angle calculation, basic questions on DC motors)

Control Systems:
    Theoritical question on PI controller, observability and controllability for a system matrix A, basic block diagram reductions, ADC output for a given analog input of V volts, find time constant of the system given by a control block diagram

Interview:

The questions were mainly based on the project done and questions related to it along with other questions on Induction motors, transformers.

HRM Interview

was a candid interaction with the interviewer... clearly behavioral interview
    interviewer gave enough time to think and respond.
    Several interactions / levels of interviews
    Closure happened in the following week. Prompt in responding to queries about benefits / policies.

na

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

Initial shortlist based on a written exam which had 2 sections. One section dealt with mechanical engineer and other section is on quantitative ability. Then a one on one Technical interview round followed by HR. Resume based interview, mostly stressed on the master's thesis and other projects

No negotiations

Engineer/Technologist Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GE.

HR call , then technical interview,It was mostly technical & related to the domain of my major which fortunately was the area of requirement there too. Lots of questions were asked during the interview mostly to check the level of curiosity & interest in the subjects, depth of knowledge in the domain as well as understanding on the basic levels so as to build up on that during the time of Internship. The technical discussion lasted for about 45 minutes.

Applications Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE in September 2014.

I got a call from GE Talent Acquisition team,Bangalore after they shortlisted my resume from the Job portal. A F2F interview was scheduled on a weekday same week.I was told there will be four rounds in total.

Technical - 1
    Management -2
    HR -1

Technical Round :

I cleared the technical round which lasted for about 45 minutes.It involved basic effective programming/ performance improvement questions to start with and then to design/architect a real life application use case/scenario.Interviewer was satisfied with my architecture I proposed.There were other basic questions to prove that you have actually worked on things you have mentioned in resume.Interview ended on a good note and I was informed that I had cleared technical round.

The other rounds were supposed to take place same day but since management was unavailable
    I was told to appear again in couple of days. But then next rounds were scheduled on a week day(after a week) and I was told to take a day off as the entire process was supposed to last for about 6 hrs.

Management Round -1 :

I was interviewed by a two member panel.Typical Management questions.
    Why are you looking for a change, long term aspirations, why GE,why this opportunity,what do you like about current company,what do you dislike and so on.I was also asked to quote expected CTC and what if GE refuses to pay that much,I said we can negotiate.It lasted for 1.5 hrs.I cleared this round.

Management Round -2 :

I was interviewed by Business head.Subset of questions from Management Round -1, my answers were same.I was told GE has standard compensation was experience level/role as was told to choose GE if I wanted career and not compensation.He was happy with the discussion.It lasted for 30 mins and I was told I had cleared it.

HR Round : All the questions from Management rounds 1 & 2.My answers were same.Was also asked about notice period and expected CTC.The interviewer looked young and inexperienced.(Both Management rounds were conducted by Senior/Experienced people).I was told that the result would be communicated in couple of days.

Received a mail in couple of days from Talent Acquisition Team after followup that they received negative feedback from HR round.I was left wondering what went wrong in HR round to get a negative feedback when I had cleared both the management rounds that had identical questions.

I believe negative feedback was purely based on my notice period(90 days) and expected CTC. I had clearly informed about these tow parameters before interview was scheduled.When I finished HR round I was absolutely confident that I would get an offer,which did not happen.Disappointed that my whole day was stressful yet wasted.

Software Engineer Interview

This is a campus interview and has 2 rounds.

1) Questions on Core Java, based on the answers given the questions increase.

2) Again Java and Servlet technology and few questions on Database and java-script.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tiruchchirāppalli
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tiruchchirāppalli

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE in August 2014.

We had two rounds of interview 1st Technical and 2nd HR. Technical interview was very very easy some of the questions which i remember is
    1. Your M.Tech project
    2.Modes of heat conduction
    3. on what factors does heat transfer coefficient h depends?
    4. A copper rod with resistance R and current I is in staeady state write a governing equation.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE in August 2014.

I applied in online portal gecareers.com. The call came after a week and there was a technical telephonic interview for half an hour. If ur performance is good you will called for 1:1 interview which again would be technical

Less salary

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GE in July 2014.

1. Aptitude Test(Conducted by CoCubes.com)
     for the Shortlisted candidates
    2. two rounds of Interview
    (Technical Round,HR Round)

I heard that Technical round is not difficult and it is also an elimination round

HR round is formal one but we need to perform well because depending on the available positions they will select.