GEICO Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
613 interviews

3.2

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Katy, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at GEICO in August 2014.

Applied online for Claims Service Rep, did the phone interview which was about 10 min. She asked if I graduated from college, and my answer was yes, so she told me that I could qualify for the Manger Development program. I became excited! The first four assessment for the Manager Development program was easy, mostly because I've taken several like this before and if you have any computer knowledge and skills (multi-tasking) then you will do well. The MOCK PHONE call is the hardest part, what really seemed easy to me because my current job is a call center rep, was graded the HARDEST. Which I don't get, because they are well aware that you clearly don't know the first thing about insurance and what to expect but whatever they were looking for they didn't find. After 5 hours of what seemed like the light to the end of the tunnel was complete BULL. They make you wait all that time just to tell you no! Be prepared for your time to be wasted and to feel as though you are un-trainable and incapable of doing a function that a computer robot could do if trained! You will be interviewed by people who have probably never done the job that you've done and who clearly have no regards to your time and feelings.

Interview Questions
    • "After all of the test, how do you feel about this job?"   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodbury, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at GEICO.

I applied online , then phone interview , question like how did you hear about postion, I got like question about my education, how long do you want to work at geico, y u have gap on resume then I asked interview in person first did typing not hard just stay calm don't worry about first then second interview a lot of questions y u want work here tell a time you had deal with negative customers how u deal with feed back from management .. next role playing . Just ask for sell always don't tell no for answer keep pushing for the sell but stay positive and happy .. I have go back for shawding part and interviews with hiring manager .. I hope it goes well its long process

Interview Questions
    • why you want to work here

how long you want to work here .. always say long time ..
        View Answer
    None

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at GEICO in July 2014.

I was interviewed at the Indianapolis location, the interview process is long but not hard. I was there for a total of 6 hours and spoke with several managers.

Interview Questions
    • It is pretty cut and dry and the questions are pretty basic.What do you think you will bring to the company, why do you want to work here and ie.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Online application with extensive psych eval[ the sort that makes you choose among only bad choices in every conceivable combination as opposed to the ones requiring you to be obsequious to the point of brown nose) if you pass they phone you. The person talks so fast you just say yes unless you have the temerity to ask them to speak reasonably. When you do you find your automatic yes agrees to really low salary, that you promise to have perfect attendance for 3 months and 97% thereafter on threat of dismissal if you don't and that you agree to work any damn time they feel like making you and start off by making everyone work a Saturday or Sunday. Then you go and take a typing/multitasking test. Again it's introduced by someone reading off a card so fast you cannot understand them. Although you are also holding one even just reading on your own is ineffective because you also have to keep an ear out in case they say anything not on the card and they do! The test gives you a few minutes to "learn and practice" a database system with 6 tabs, three data items on each tab, each one not listed but put into a sentence making recognizing them difficult. You can only get to certain tabs by going first through others. There's a submit button but since the same data appears on several tabs and is not filled when it appears after having filled it in on another tab it's unclear whether the data needs to be entered again, is remembered of if one was supposed to press the submit button on every page or on every record. Then you're bombarded with timed e-mails and phonecall recordings with the data scrambled. You have to try to fill in the data with no practice. Then there's a timed typing test. The test makes Lucy at the chocolate factory look like a walk in the park. When you flunk like I did, you are rejected like the bad egg on Willy Wanka.

The test is especially unfair to anyone with a lot of experience with cursors and fields that move differently, for example if you're already fast at typing a number you cant just type the area code you have to stop after the first digit and pick one of the choices rather than just typing it and moving on. Not only is that slower to a fast keypuncher, it breaks concentration from listening to the recording. It also tests only for a certain kind of learner flunking anyone who may be fast or become fast as needed but does not learn as the test intends.

All in all, the entire experience feels as if they are more interested in seeing how far you'll bend over and let them probe and thank them for the experience.

Geico Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at GEICO.

Basically if they say they are going to email or call you in 3 days and let you know something you didn't get it because GEICO does everything for their new hires in the same day they are full of poopie I made a simple mistake on the MOCK CALL and they said bye...but the thibg about it is that training is 3 WHOLE months and she basically said im not trainable. RUDE company I want to work there because of the pay and benefits until something else came along but I hear from current employees they are or your back and get on you about everything...maybe thats why the turn over rate is so high... even with all of this I would still apply because of the pay and the raise every yr. But this is a warning for new applicants the hardest part is the MOCK CALL.

Interview Questions
    • Can you see yourself working for us long term   View Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Poway, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at GEICO in August 2014.

A recruiter calls and describes the position, salary, training dates and times, and asks why you want to work at Geico. The next step is to do a very easy typing test and role play, via computer and after that, an interview with a manager. The manager just reads questions off papers and it really didn't feel like an interview at all. You can't even follow up with the person who interviewed you and you're just told that a manager will call you within five days. Instead, you receive an e-mail stating that you didn't get the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you received constructive criticism.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at GEICO in March 2014.

The interview was really long. I was in there for 5 hours. They tell this over the phone in the fire interview. Then they have you sit down and do typing test. Then they you do a mock call tutorial then you do a mock call with an interviewer. Basically you show them that you can ask for the sale and overcome objections.then they do another interview when they ask you about your resume. Basically they ask you STAR questions. Then you listen to calls for an hour with an agent then you get your final interview with the manager and they basically ask you star questions again.

Interview Questions
    • It was not a difficult process. Basically if you aren't afraid to ask for the sale and you can type you will do fine.   Answer Question
    I negotiated my salary because i had sale experience but no college degree. I only got a 500 dollar raise.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fredericksburg, VA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in August 2014.

The interview process is long and tedious. If you make it to the end, plan on being there for about 5-6 hours. First there is the phone interview that is really basic. Then there is the computer test, which is basically gauging how well you handle stress and how well you multi-task and type. Then you have the f2f interview with the initial interviewer, do your research on the company and the position you are applying for so you can cater you answers to their needs. They will basically ask you the usual questions, i.e. "Why did you chose Geico?" "Why this position?" "How long could you see yourself working here?" etc. Then they have you do a role playing test, which tests out how well you can sell a product and how good your people skills are. If you make it past all of this, they will have you shadow someone-which you need to pay attention, because they will ask you about what you heard. The last step is having the f2f interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult questions just over prepare and practice your answers and be happy and jovial and relaxed when you go in.   Answer Question

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

I emailed the recruiter, then asked to apply online, next day was contacted by recruiter, took a straight forward aptitude test, passed the test, passed the driving record requirements, and today I am interviewing.

Auto Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at GEICO.

Multi-level interview. Consists of numerous tests and evaluations, such as a timed typing assessment (easy) which measures multi-tasking, a test that gauges how rule-oriented you are, and a simulation of upselling to a customer. Be prepared to mention every leadership opportunity you ever had and have anecdotes prepared for how you overcame adversity, changed another persons mind, or resolved a dilemma. Also be ready to advise that GEICO is your long-term goal.

Interview Questions
    • Provide a specific scenario where you received negative feedback and how it was utilized to better yourself.   Answer Question
    No opportunity to negotiate, but if you graduated with a four year degree, that is taken into consideration.

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!