GEICO Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
607 interviews

3.2

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at GEICO in March 2014.

The interview was really long. I was in there for 5 hours. They tell this over the phone in the fire interview. Then they have you sit down and do typing test. Then they you do a mock call tutorial then you do a mock call with an interviewer. Basically you show them that you can ask for the sale and overcome objections.then they do another interview when they ask you about your resume. Basically they ask you STAR questions. Then you listen to calls for an hour with an agent then you get your final interview with the manager and they basically ask you star questions again.

Interview Questions
    • It was not a difficult process. Basically if you aren't afraid to ask for the sale and you can type you will do fine.   Answer Question
    I negotiated my salary because i had sale experience but no college degree. I only got a 500 dollar raise.

Auto Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at GEICO.

Multi-level interview. Consists of numerous tests and evaluations, such as a timed typing assessment (easy) which measures multi-tasking, a test that gauges how rule-oriented you are, and a simulation of upselling to a customer. Be prepared to mention every leadership opportunity you ever had and have anecdotes prepared for how you overcame adversity, changed another persons mind, or resolved a dilemma. Also be ready to advise that GEICO is your long-term goal.

Interview Questions
    • Provide a specific scenario where you received negative feedback and how it was utilized to better yourself.   Answer Question
    No opportunity to negotiate, but if you graduated with a four year degree, that is taken into consideration.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fredericksburg, VA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in August 2014.

The interview process is long and tedious. If you make it to the end, plan on being there for about 5-6 hours. First there is the phone interview that is really basic. Then there is the computer test, which is basically gauging how well you handle stress and how well you multi-task and type. Then you have the f2f interview with the initial interviewer, do your research on the company and the position you are applying for so you can cater you answers to their needs. They will basically ask you the usual questions, i.e. "Why did you chose Geico?" "Why this position?" "How long could you see yourself working here?" etc. Then they have you do a role playing test, which tests out how well you can sell a product and how good your people skills are. If you make it past all of this, they will have you shadow someone-which you need to pay attention, because they will ask you about what you heard. The last step is having the f2f interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult questions just over prepare and practice your answers and be happy and jovial and relaxed when you go in.   Answer Question

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

I emailed the recruiter, then asked to apply online, next day was contacted by recruiter, took a straight forward aptitude test, passed the test, passed the driving record requirements, and today I am interviewing.

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

Like always you first have to apply for the position. If the HR department likes your resume, a representative will sent you an email. From their its really a step process. After excepting the email, they will contact you and go into detail the position. If you except then they will ask you to take an online exam that focuses on memory retention, and personality. If you pass then they will set up a phone interview. If you pass the phone interview the next step is to meet with them face to face for another interview. In this interview you will be asked question on why you want to work with them. Have you ever dealt with a difficult client and how you resolved it. If your boss has ever given you constructive criticism and how did you respond? What attributes do you have for the job, or what transferrable skills are related to the position? Easy- excellent customer service. The interview can go from 30 min to an hour.
    If answered in a way that your previous jobs somewhat relate to what you do, you will be good. If you pass this interview questioner in person, and they like your answers you will be asked to return a different day to do a role play. As you have read from others, this is the true interview. The final step on either getting an offer or not. When you go back they will give you a fake company that handles claims but not cars. Keep in mind you are being timed, they want to see how your customer service skills are and if you buckle under the given situation.

Interview Questions
    • Don't let those nerves get to you on the role play or you will fail?   Answer Question

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO.

I didn't complete the process. I received a job offer for the same position with a different carrier with a much higher starting pay.

Nonetheless, applied online. Got a generic email afterwards. Phone interview, then an online test I had to complete with 24 hours. Scheduled for an in-person interview at a hotel? Then if they liked me, I would have to come back to the hotel and take a 2-3 hour test. The hotel location was NOT near me at all and I'd have to miss two days at work...why not allow both on the same day? Also, why a hotel? That's just super weird to me. Sounds like I'm just #934 out of #4293 when they told me that.

I told them I received a job offer with higher pay. They told me the salary after the first year, still 1.2k less than my offer so I passed.

I've worked with alot of Geico inside adjusters and the AD training is very good. However, all Geico claims are overworked.

Emergency Roadside Services Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at GEICO in July 2014.

The hiring process wasn't to bad, they were all very nice. It is very nerve racking and long though. 1st- You take a computer test that is long. I thought I did terrible on it the whole time but I apparently did perfectly fine on it. So then you have an interview with someone asking you what your strengths and weaknesses are and what you think will prepare you for this job. 3rd- You do a mock call center test where you get 30 minutes to look over a couple of papers they give you and they call you and pretend to be stranded and you do this 3 times and then talk to the person then you get scheduled with the actual hiring manager and its just a normal interview.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most difficult part was the mock call center. I just have never done anything like that, and it was nerve racking   Answer Question

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at GEICO in August 2014.

Everything seemed really rushed for me. The day after I applied I was called and had to do 2 phone interviews. The next day I was called and asked to take an assessment test. I passed and was called again. I was asked to drive to Katy (about an hour away without traffic) during my normal work schedule to do a "Role Play Scenario." They sit you in a small room and give you about 35 sheets of information, 2 "customer" folders, you're made to listen to a tape and take notes WHILE answering the phone, having "customers" come into the room, and reading material. There is no preparation. I was told "as long as you can negotiate and your customer skills are great you should have no problem." I actually felt I did great, but never received a call back or email even telling me I did not get the position.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask the same questions, but reword them. It's basically all just tied into customer service and/or negotiations.   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodbury, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY (US)

Applied online, within a day I got a call to schedule a phone interview. The Phone interview were mainly just basic questions on your work history and some school questions. Very basic. Then we scheduled another interview for face to face with the recruiter, and some assessment tests. If you do fine on the test you will speak with the recruiter, the question are roughly the same as the phone but more in depth, be ready with examples on customer service that you've given in the past.

After all the initial interviews....yes, I know its a long process....but it will pay off. The next part you will meet two managers, they will ask you questions that the recruiter asked you. So if you can remember them after the initial interviews, try to make them better, short and to the point. Also some possible questions on leadership skills. Mainly questions about past leadership roles that you've had. Be careful...they will go in depth and need specific answers. So also brush up on your past leadership experiences. Then the Role-play part begins!!! 40 mins of you acting like a Rep. answering calls from employees that call you and see how empathetic you are and how much you can write down. Always answer with a smile, it will help. If you do well congrats, after another talk with the Manager you will get an offer. Hardest part is the Role-play. Be ready and Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • How you think you will do in a goal-oriented environment?   Answer Question
    no neg

Claims Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at GEICO.

The hiring and interview process went fast for me, but only because my training class started in 3 weeks and they needed to rush for my background check. Other employees in my same training class advised me that their interview process took a couple months, because they kept filing up their spots after they were offered the position. The interview process is very extensive. It is typically a 6 step process to get hired for the position (steps 3-6 must be done on site at the office, separate appointment times, but they will work with your schedule).

1. Submit Online Application
    2. Personality Assessment
    3. Phone Interview
    4. Computer Assessment Test (To see if you can multi-task)
    5. Role-Play Assessment For The Particular Position
    6. Final Interview (With Department Manager)

Then if offered, they will conduct a credit check, background check & a drug test, which also takes another week.

No negotiation, Take it or leave it. They can hire the next younger person for the same money or less.

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!