GNC Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated 22 Jun 2015

1.8

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GNC in February 2015.

Interview

Found a kijiji posting with the position. Applied on Friday with my resume. Received a call on Monday morning asking to come in 'that afternoon' for an interview. Came in and manager had left to go see a doctor as she was ill and DM was in. he interviewed me right in store by the register. Wrote notes on a paper and said I impressed him and would hear later. Heard around 430 that I was hired and asked to sign papers next day.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GNC

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GNC.

Interview

No real interview. I felt as if the position I was applying for wasn't a serious part of the company. I felt the interviewer didn't want to be there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GNC.

Interview

Very casual
    They want to know about you as a person, your goals, and what you expect from this job. They specifically are looking for passionate people in sales driven around health and wellness.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Extremely casual
    "Thank you for your time. How's Monday to start?" (Hand shake)

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at GNC (Lubbock, TX (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Not too hard. Did have to show how I sell, and if I knew about how GNC came about. Was a pretty average interview. They asked me why I wanted to work there, what I brought to the table, and asked me a few questions about my previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to sell them a GNC bag. This was a little awkward considering I was a waitress before this job and had no selling experience.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at GNC (Atlanta, GA (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview was pretty standard, I came and submitted my resume in person. Actually ran into the manager and talked to him about the position and my past experience. He gave me his number and told me to call him the following Monday to set up an interview which I did. I interviewed with him and the other store manager where they asked pretty basic questions like what is my sales experience and would I be okay with the pay.

Interview Questions

• What is your sales experience?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GNC (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

My interview was a 1 on 1 interview with a store manager. During my interview I was questioned about my prior experience and how I thought it would aid my ability to excel in the prospective position. He asked me if I was comfortable working for minimum wage while working to earn additional income through commission.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GNC (Simi Valley, CA (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

Nothing great, basically you sit there and they decide how easily manipulated you are and whether or not youll put up with their continuous lack of management opportunities and poor treatment. I suggest look good and listen rather than speak your mind because they only want to know if youre willing to take their almost illegal treatment of you, and pay you nothing for it.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Went into the store of where I would be working and answered a few questions. Very general questions any one could guess. Do you work out, take vitamins, etc. Was asked if familiar with gold card program. Asked if I believe in it. Very weird question.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe in the Gold Card Program?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GNC (San Luis Obispo, CA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview I did was incredibly simple. The manager at the office I applied for took me into the back room where we did the interview. He asked me about my job history and my schooling history. He asked me about the best bosses I have had and bad ones I have had. It was a relatively short interview of about 20-30 minutes. The next week I went in and interviewed with the regional manager and we did an interview for another 20-30 minutes. This interview was much more about me asking questions and talking about what went on in the job. Very easy stuff.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was, "Who do you think was your worst boss, and why?" It was difficult because you don't want to seem like you bad talk anyone, or that you are a bad employee. It really wasn't a hard question though.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Essentially no interview. Talk to manager to see if they are hiring, if so apply online.