General Motors

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Buyer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at General Motors in February 2013.

Interview Details Multilevel interview process. 1. Talent Acquisition Phone Interview 2. Face to Face 6 hour interview process. First meet with HR for a presentation 3. First Interview (they want to learn how to learn and respond to situations - this is not a Q&A interview. This will last 45 minutes to 1 hour. 4. 2nd interviewer will come in and will ask completely different questions in this stage.

Interview Question – They would ask how you would change what you achieved.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation on salary - that was made clear early on in the process.

Warren, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at General Motors in April 2013.

Interview Details Why you want to work at GM, Why you are looking, overview of experience and several behavior based questions with 2 different managers. It was basically an hour with each manager. The feed back was quick. interviewed on Friday, regret email on Monday.

Interview Question – A decision I made that I regretted.   Answer Question

Warren, MI (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at General Motors in March 2013.

Interview Details Was contacted by a internal recruiter. A20 min phone interview was scheduled the day. I was contacted less than a week later to schedule an in person interview. The interview process was the STAR methods/ two one hour interviews. A half hour presentation regarding GM benefits prior to. Whole prices took about 3-4 hours.

Interview Question – Name a time when you told one person one thing, and another person something completely different.

Tell me about a time when y is worked with someone you did not trust.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. Competitive salary and nice non-monetary perks.

Interviews for Top Jobs at General Motors

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Motors Buyer interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by General Motors employees and interview candidates.