General Motors Engineering Interview Questions

Updated 7 Apr 2015

Anonymous Employee in Mysore

Application

interviewed at General Motors (Mysore) in August 2011.

Interview

it is a campus recruitment, there r 3 rounds written test, technical, hr intervw, technical test is easy
interview is all about embedded system, c and few ur branch related questions, hr interview is simple if u hd vry gud percenile in ur acdemics

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Motors (Bangalore) in February 2011.

Interview

on campus , skill test , 1:1 Interview process then final negotiation with HR about the salary. total process was very fast. two rounds of one on one interview one on technical and other on aspirations and future plans.

Interview Questions

• through and full knowlege in basic and fundamentals in your field of interest   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at General Motors (Bangalore) in January 2008.

Interview

it was a tuff grilling by eminent panel of interviewers,

Interview Questions

• would you be willing to relocate   1 Answer

Negotiation

average

Engineer Interview

Interview

two onsite interviews, each one is an hour.You interview with two different managers, STAR is being used to answer these questions. Must be prepared and nothing will be very hard.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Applied online. Waited for about two to three months, then received a request for phone interviewing. After sucessful, was sent a request to interview online with four managers via video call. Heard back about three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Give us a time in which an already established decision was modified. How did you respond?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Behavioral interview. One on one or two on one. Check other questions on glassdoor as well as the ones I have listed (were not on glassdoor). Friendly interviewers in my experience. Most interviews accompanied by a tour. It has been a couple of days and I have not heard back from them either way; will update when I get notice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to make a decision based on incomplete data.(Dealing with ambiguity)
      Tell me about a time when you had to motivate someone from a different culture than you.

Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Motors.

Interview

On Campus (University) interview process. Very straightforward process with many behavioral questions. Asked about previous projects, interests in GM, why GM etc. Asked to describe projects and how they relate to work at GM. Interviews all done using the STAR method. Initial stage was something of a screening step, then asked to interview with managers. Managers conduct the interview and describe the STAR method. They even provide a rubric. The managers are quite nice, very straight forward and helpful throughout the process.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

I interviewed on campus after applying on my school's online application program. Interview was structured around STAR process. Professional interviewer who was very passionate about GM. GM also held a study break on campus that was very well done.

Engineer Interview

Interview

On Campus Interview. This was an initial behavioral interview with two company representatives. Questions were typical STAR format and were clearly standardized. Interviewers took notes on responses. This interview led to an additional interview with hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all typical "Tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

A 1-to-1 behavior interview over the phone. It's following the STAR approach typically used in behavior interviews. You need to give examples for each questions they asked. The interview lasted about an hour long.