General Motors Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at General Motors in December 2013.

The HR of Gurgaon office of General Motors approached the college. Job profile and description was shared. CVs were submitted by interested candidates. 7 people were shortlisted on the basis of CV and personal interviews happened after a week of the shortlisted candidates. There were 2 Rounds of interviews. Technical Interview and HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • The team you are going to work with does not have any youngsters, do you think you can fit in?   View Answer

Research Scientist Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at General Motors.

Excellent work culture. Hiring is done through a day long interview with multiple leaders and a technical presentation to the relevant team. Interview is well thought out, carried out with certain amount of respect and dignity. The interview s relate to your ability and preparedness to carry to certain tasks and certainly not to check your bookish knowledge. Quite friendly atmosphere. Lots of background pre-interview collection of data is done.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in February 2011.

on campus , skill test , 1:1 Interview process then final negotiation with HR about the salary. total process was very fast. two rounds of one on one interview one on technical and other on aspirations and future plans.

Interview Questions
    • through and full knowlege in basic and fundamentals in your field of interest   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mysore

interviewed at General Motors in August 2011.

it is a campus recruitment, there r 3 rounds written test, technical, hr intervw, technical test is easy
    interview is all about embedded system, c and few ur branch related questions, hr interview is simple if u hd vry gud percenile in ur acdemics

Senior Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at General Motors.

The interview is a very elaborate process including presentations and technical rounds. The evaluation is fair and tough at the same time, The interviewers questions gives a good impression of the peers one would work with. It is a day long affair and if cleared is an enriching experience. It helps the interviewee also to understand if the fit is right.

Senior Engineer - Tools Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at General Motors in December 2013.

I have attended interview for .NET Senior Developer, Interview was good which covered all basics of .NET, MVC, WPF, MVVM etc. Interview happened for 1hr 30 Mins. After technical round has Manager Round and EGM Round.
    EGM round was interesting. Executive General Manager will ask you certain scenarios and we have to answer how we have overcomeed it and what the positives you take from it etc.
    After I had brief HR round.

Interview Questions
    • EGM round was unexpected. Questions will be based on you real time experiences.   Answer Question
    Not much scope for negotiation. HR will decide you package based on your current CTC and which team you are going to.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at General Motors in September 2012.

There was 3 steps of interview - Telephonic, face to face with the Manager & the last round with the department head. The hiring process is really very smooth. Great coordination among the departments.

Interview Questions
    • The difficult part is technical round. The previous job experience matters a lot. Ground work should be done & it should be solid.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in July 2013.

The initial presentation explained to us the nature of the company, work culture and work profile for freshers.Very informative.

1st round : written - summary of our project works + aptitude+ c programming.

2nd round : tech interview - about projects undertaken, C programs, embedded systems, etc of moderate difficulty.

3rd round : HR interview - about strengths,weakness, are you a team player etc.

Validation and Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mysore

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in August 2013.

hiring process consists of three stages
    1.apti(15marks)+techinical apti(10 marks)+c programming apti(5marks)

Interview Questions
    • 1. apti :series,time speed distance,percentage concepts,coding and decoding,data arrangement etc..
      2.technical:most of the questions from control system,analog communication,assembly program,star-delta connection,analog circuits
      3.c-go through functions,pointers
        Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mysore

The process conissted of 3 rounds. A written round, technical-15,apti-10 and C-5 questions. It was followed by a technical interview, but the questions were very basic and mostly HRish and based on the projects we have done. It was followed by a HR interview, which was fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions as such, they were all on basics such as What is an electromagnetic field, whats the relation betwenn V,I,field and wave.   Answer Question

The jobs being offered were on testing, which I wasn't interested in.

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!