General Motors

Very Easy Interview

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in February 2011.

Interview Details on campus , skill test , 1:1 Interview process then final negotiation with HR about the salary. total process was very fast. two rounds of one on one interview one on technical and other on aspirations and future plans.

Interview Question – through and full knowlege in basic and fundamentals in your field of interest   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Mysore

I interviewed at General Motors in August 2011.

Interview Details it is a campus recruitment, there r 3 rounds written test, technical, hr intervw, technical test is easy
interview is all about embedded system, c and few ur branch related questions, hr interview is simple if u hd vry gud percenile in ur acdemics

Interview Question – wt is ur negatives n hw u ovrcome?   Answer Question

Senior Researcher Interview

Senior Researcher
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at General Motors.

Interview Details The interview is a very elaborate process including presentations and technical rounds. The evaluation is fair and tough at the same time, The interviewers questions gives a good impression of the peers one would work with. It is a day long affair and if cleared is an enriching experience. It helps the interviewee also to understand if the fit is right.

Interview Question – The difficult question was on partial least squares.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer - Tools Interview

Senior Engineer - Tools
Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at General Motors in December 2013.

Interview Details I have attended interview for .NET Senior Developer, Interview was good which covered all basics of .NET, MVC, WPF, MVVM etc. Interview happened for 1hr 30 Mins. After technical round has Manager Round and EGM Round.
EGM round was interesting. Executive General Manager will ask you certain scenarios and we have to answer how we have overcomeed it and what the positives you take from it etc.
After I had brief HR round.

Interview Question – EGM round was unexpected. Questions will be based on you real time experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much scope for negotiation. HR will decide you package based on your current CTC and which team you are going to.

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at General Motors in September 2012.

Interview Details There was 3 steps of interview - Telephonic, face to face with the Manager & the last round with the department head. The hiring process is really very smooth. Great coordination among the departments.

Interview Question – The difficult part is technical round. The previous job experience matters a lot. Ground work should be done & it should be solid.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in July 2013.

Interview Details The initial presentation explained to us the nature of the company, work culture and work profile for freshers.Very informative.

1st round : written - summary of our project works + aptitude+ c programming.

2nd round : tech interview - about projects undertaken, C programs, embedded systems, etc of moderate difficulty.

3rd round : HR interview - about strengths,weakness, are you a team player etc.

Interview Question – volatile keyword ?
storage classes ?
  Answer Question

Validation and Development Interview

Validation and Development
Mysore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in August 2013.

Interview Details hiring process consists of three stages
1.apti(15marks)+techinical apti(10 marks)+c programming apti(5marks)

Interview Question – 1. apti :series,time speed distance,percentage concepts,coding and decoding,data arrangement etc..
2.technical:most of the questions from control system,analog communication,assembly program,star-delta connection,analog circuits
3.c-go through functions,pointers
  Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Mysore

Interview Details The process conissted of 3 rounds. A written round, technical-15,apti-10 and C-5 questions. It was followed by a technical interview, but the questions were very basic and mostly HRish and based on the projects we have done. It was followed by a HR interview, which was fairly easy.

Interview Question – No difficult questions as such, they were all on basics such as What is an electromagnetic field, whats the relation betwenn V,I,field and wave.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The jobs being offered were on testing, which I wasn't interested in.

Mfg Engineer Interview

Mfg Engineer

Interviewed at General Motors

Interview Details Thorough interviewing process, transparent hiring good environment

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at General Motors.

Interview Details written test followed by some 3 rounds of interview(min 2, max 3)
written test had questions based on your core subject(mechanical / electrical& electronics) + logical resaoning/ analytical Q's. they also gave a blank sheet of paper and asked to write teh technicals achievements if any or good projects that you have done.
shortlisted students were called for an interview,
1st round purely technical: they ask you which subject are you good at & shower questions on you about that subject and also try to confuse you by asking whether your answers are right or wrong.
2nd interview was technical again, similar to 1st
there was a round elimination.
i wasn't selected for HR
results were announced as soon as HR round of everybody's was done!

Interview Question – difference between RISC & CISC. in what applications which of them is used?
architecture of 8051, 8086 etc.,
  View Answer

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!