General Motors Interview Questions

1.submitting CV thru 3rd party job opening website
    2. receiving calls from HR and doing a short interview on the phone
    3. interviewing the line manager and HRPR
    - CV review
    - Motivation, experience, interests, future career plan, etc.
    - Job description introduction
    4. getting offer

Interview Questions
    • how satisfied would you be if you get this job offer, rank it from 0 -10   Answer Question

Design Release Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at General Motors.

Got an on-site interview right off the bat. Interviewed with about 5 other DRE's and they all wanted to hire me. They asked about my past experiences and how it'll translate into my new role

Engineer Interview

A 1-to-1 behavior interview over the phone. It's following the STAR approach typically used in behavior interviews. You need to give examples for each questions they asked. The interview lasted about an hour long.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at General Motors in July 2014.

Called by a recruiter to set up interview. Then onsite interview with senior and manager. They asked behavioral questions as well as a couple technical questions regarding the position. They will not send a regret candidate email. If you don't hear from them within a month then move on.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had difficulty working with someone   Answer Question

Packaging Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Motors.

Uses a talent acquisition to speak with possible candidate. Interview was done via web conference which made it convenient. Asked situation questions, i.e. a time when...
    Interviewed with multiple people at once. The whole process from talent acquisition to offer was about 3 weeks. After interview with the group, it only took a week for an offer to come across.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty good but not easy. Using pass experience helped a lot.   Answer Question
    Accepted and did not negotiate anything higher than offer. Extremely competitive offer based on experience.

PMO Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at General Motors.

Worked with recruiter and with the manager of the team I was interviewing for. I have a very niche skills set, so it was fairly easy to get the job. First manager was really bad, got moved within the organization to a better leader.

Had to really work hard to get the salary I wanted. Went back and forth about 5 times.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Motors in June 2014.

Hiring Process Took around 3 weeks.
    I was 1st contacted by a GM recruiter where he did a screening to see if I was qualified outside of my resume. Afterwards in 5 days I interviewed with the hiring manager in Detroit via the phone. Questions were very direct and the manager knew who/what he was looking for in a candidate. I think had a face to face via Virtual Webcam with Hiring Manager and supervisor. Both sessions were 1 hour long. Finally Hiring manager advised me a decision would be made in about 3 business days. I then got a call back in about 1 hour offering me the job. Seamless process with a great company that knew who and what they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • None. All standard questions for the business analyst profession.   Answer Question
    Didn't have to negotiate. Offer was well above my asking so I was very satisfied.

Senior Software Developer – Data Integration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Motors in June 2014.

Phone interview that was technical...lasted an hour. In person interview followed a couple of weeks later. Company overview with an HR person followed by two interviews with managers...about an hour each. As others have mentioned this was more about how you handle different situations...no real technical questions. Nice office space, nice people, but everyone is fairly new. It's hard to tell what the things will be like over the next couple of years.

Interview Questions
    • What would I do differently in a difficult situation that I had just described where I was unhappy with the outcome?   View Answer

Code Management Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at General Motors.

The entire interview is a behavior based interview format (Lominger). No code writing is asked, and the interview is a breeze if you have good experiences and aren't abnormal. Be prepared to have a long list of things you've worked on in your head, especially where you have failed or had issues with people and how you overcame them.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you failed at something at a company. (there are then 5 follow up questions such as how you overcame it, what was the end result, were you ever able to apply what you learned at a later time?)   Answer Question
    No negotiation at all for me, but other had better luck.

Design Release Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at General Motors in June 2014.

Interview about about an hour. Asked questions from interview posted on website. Know Lominger competences and have a scenario prepared for each. STAR format with what you learned and how to apply it

Interview Questions
    • Since I answered every question in the guide so nothing was unexpected.   Answer Question