General Motors

Updated 27 Feb 2015
Updated 27 Feb 2015

2.8

BI Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Motors.

Interview process took about 2 weeks from initial phone screening to on-site interview. Interview was behavioral focused (situations/actions/lessons learned) with technical questions thrown in at the end. Overall the interview process was quite easy.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't the questions so much, but the fact that for each area or behavior, there was a series of 3 questions that you could choose to answer. This made it difficult to keep the conversation flow as by the time you heard the third question; you'd then forgotten what the first option was.   Answer Question

Inbound Logistics Analyst Interview

The hiring process began on campus at a career fair. I spoke with a GM representative for 5-10 minutes one-on-one and she advised me to complete an online application. A couple of weeks after the career fair, I was invited to participate in an on campus interview. Two months after completing the on campus interview, I was invited to have a final interview at the GM Technical Center. After the final interview, I was made an offer over the phone first and then via email.

No negotiation phase.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Motors.

My process started with a resume drop at a career fair, I actually missed the finance contact but was contacted for a phone interview with a recruiter a week later. I then had onsite interviews with 4 different Finance directors and had to complete a case study. Though the process may have changed slightly (i.e. multiple interviewers) the core of the process is roughly the same.

Interview Questions
    • Business case is usually shaped around some recent experience/project. Technical capabilities are expected but rational business sense should also be used   Answer Question

Website Programming Interview

I applied online – interviewed at General Motors.

I applied through their web site, Did a phoner a week later and then got a call to come in. Talked to five people and all of them stuck to a format for the interview. They had set questions and wanted to fill them all out between the five of them. I later would call the recruiter back and told me he had left the company. He game me another number and that person had left too. I sent an email and it was returned as undeliverable. Felt a bit mistreated since I had given up three hours of my time.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot about how tech is applied. They seemed to be a bit behind on this and so it was tough to answer the question without insulting them.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Went their booth in my university career fair, had a nice conversation with recruiters and dropped my resume. Meanwhile, I applied through my school's career service system. After about 1 week, I was notified for the on-campus interview , which is a back to back interview with 2 financial associates. They asked both behaviour and technical questions.

Entry Level - Vehicle Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at General Motors in January 2015.

Total of three interviews. Two on campus, and a site visit. The on campus interviews are usually on two consecutive days, and the site visits fallows in two weeks. First interview is with a Requiting representative and upon approval of this initial interview the second interview, a behavioral technical interview, is next. Next, the site visit will provide you an opportunity to better understand your potential work location and assignments. At the end, you would get an employment offer following the site visit.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a case where your decision had dis satisfactory results for the team or people you were working with, how you handled the situation, and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Operations Engineer Interview

Had my resume pulled from career services at my university. We had a phone screening, and I was contacted the next week to set up a face-to-face interview. The process took three to four weeks overall. It was one of the easier interviews I've been to. The people were extremely nice and personable. Overall a great learning experience!

Interview Questions
    • They had a series of behavioral questions (tell me about a time when..) with three answers to each: Give me an example, What was the outcome, what did you learn? There was also one additional technical question. It's not a "whats the port number of HTTP" type question, but rather "solve this problem" type thing.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at General Motors in January 2015.

The interview process was very simple. They had a booth at the career fair on campus. They gave me a next day interview after talking to them at the fair. The next day, I went in the morning for two interviews. They were back to back and both behavioral questions. Ended with any questions I had for them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you went out of your way to help a client or customer   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

the process started with a behavioral interview. The interviewer seemed interested but rushed at the same time like he had heard it all before. There were only three questions and it seemed like it didn't really get the entire picture.

Design Release Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Motors.

There was an initial 30 minute to 1 hour screening survey that had behavior based question. Following that I had two one hour interviews on site that were a similar style. I was given an offer the same day after the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you had to solve a problem without having all of the information available.   Answer Question