General Motors Project Manager Interview Questions

2.7

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at General Motors (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

Applied online and heard from Talent Acquisition in a week. They started with standard fielding questions such as what pay, compensation, benefits I was looking for. From there, they stated they would pass me to hiring manager.

I did a phone interview a week later. Then things really dragged. Phone interview went extremely well, and the interviewer was forward and stated that I should stay in touch and I would be recommended for the next round. I didn't hear anything for another month. I had reach out to interviewee at GM for assistance. Took another 2 weeks to get a face-to-face. I didn't hear anything after face-to-face. I was told about 1 month later that they wanted another phone. Talent Acquisition is done by 3rd party and even the managers were complaining how slow it is. Took basically 3 months.

Interview was standard STAR- but all the interviewers said in their mind it's thumbs up or down and they just fill out the form.

Be warned, they might want you but things move very slowly.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle ambiguity?
    How did you handle change you had no control over?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI (US)).

Interview

A pretty straightforward interview process. Had a phone screening with the staffing agency. Then a phone interview with one of my supervisors later that day. They brought me in for an in-person interview the next day. I met with both of my supervisors and fielded standard interview question. A few hours later I received a phone call from my recruiter saying the job was mine pending a passing drug and background test (GM does a hair test, FYI.) I passed and got the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult coworker.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ban Phone Savang (Laos)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at General Motors (Ban Phone Savang (Laos)) in March 2011.

Interview

Panel Interview Process - Situational interview. What to know what method you use to manage projects. What type of tools you use. Go over the type of projects that you've work on in the past. Ask questions about what would you do if you had a person on your project that wasn't perfoming, how would you handle this, etc.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI (US)) in February 2009.

Interview

3 levels, preliminary, semi=final and final. Behavioral interview with compnay references used

Interview Questions

• political and personal preferences   1 Answer

Negotiation

normal with salary rang no car