General Motors

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Developer Interview

Austin, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at General Motors in January 2013.

Interview Details There were a lot of questions on on site on algorithms and data structures. Mostly on strings such as reversal), removing duplicates in an array, finding maximum subsequence, vectors. There are about 5 such questions and rest is behavioral .The phone interview was more around specific .Net or java technologies such as interfaces vs abstract, garbage collection,..

Interview Question – was mostly standard interview format.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Senior Software Developer Interview

Detroit, MI (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at General Motors in March 2013.

Interview Details I took a 1.5 weeks between the first phone call from the recruiter to the 1:1 with the team members. I was presented a quick overview of GM benefits for 30 minutes and had 2 hours interview with 2 different persons. I did not find all the questions relevant for the position but most of them were appropriate. I had a really bad headache and tried to be positive as possible.

Interview Question – What is the difference between a Set and a List?   View Answers (2)

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at General Motors

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Motors Senior Software Developer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by General Motors employees and interview candidates.