Genworth Financial

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Finance Analyst Interview

Senior Finance Analyst
Richmond, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Genworth Financial in April 2014.

Interview Details Email from HR, several questions regarding salary expectations, experience, etc.
Telephone interview with HR, 30 minutes. Friendly talking, typical behavioral questions, i.e., introducing yourself, why switch jobs.
Panel interviews with six people, one HR director, two department leaders, one department director, the controller, and the hiring manager.
Follow up telephone interview with hiring manager again. More detailed questions and emphasis about job specifics.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Very professional. Be prepared for behavioral as well as professional questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Have not received the official offer from the company. Recruiter provided the company's hiring decision.

Financial Development Program Intern Interview

Financial Development Program Intern
Richmond, VA (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Genworth Financial.

Interview Details Received a first round interview on my college campus after talking with the recruiters at my universities job fair.
 First round interview was basic behavioral questions and a walk through of my resume.

Second interview was a phone interview. I was asked more behavior question like, tell me about a time when you worked in a group. They also asked me to state which of the three financial statements did I think was most important and why.

The third round interview was at the Genworth Campus. I had two interviews. Both had some technical questions. I was asked to walk the through a time value money problem and some other basic questions about the value of a dollar today vs. tomorrow. I was also asked about what I knew about Genworth. I was also ask about what I knew about current events and how that may affect Genworth's business.

Interview Question – Why would someone want to invest in bonds to raise capital oppose to other sources?   Answer Question

IT Development Intern Interview

IT Development Intern
Richmond, VA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Genworth Financial in February 2014.

Interview Details I applied via my school's online job search. I then had a phone interview with some relatively easy/simple technical interview questions. It then went to a on-site interview with 3 different interviewers who asked mainly behavioral questions and 2 simple technical questions based on the programming languages I had on my resume

Interview Question – They put an incorrect coding program on the whiteboard including interfaces that I needed to correct   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was given less that 24 hours after the on-site interview. There wasn't much negotiation, and there was a stipend for relocating.

Intern Interview

Intern
Richmond, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Genworth Financial.

Interview Details Applied online. In a week or so, was contacted by the college recruiter to set up a phone interview. Had the phone interview and heard back in two weeks for second-round interviews. Had the second-round interview and should be hearing back from them in a week or so on the final decision.

Interview Question – Basic questions were asked about why I wanted the position and why Genworth. Questions about my experience, leadership, communication, and project management skills.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Genworth Financial

Interview Details Got a phone interview after application online

Interview Question – Most behavior questions, e.g why Genworth? What's your favorite class? Describe your programming skills(have you used marco in SAS).   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President

Interviewed at Genworth Financial

Interview Details Inside recruiter who was diligent and very organized, he facilitated the whole process.

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation, that had to do with the hiring manager. He would not let me start a month later so I lost out on a bonus.

Web Content Manager Interview

Web Content Manager
Richmond, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Genworth Financial in May 2012.

Interview Details I was hired through Techead. I had a work history with them and a good rapport with my recruiter. He was able to land this job with only one phone interview. I was interviewed on a Friday and started the following monday.

This role was new and the job description very loose.

Interview Question – I wasn't surprised by the questions, they all revolved around the CMS and how comfortable I was working in an Agile environment. I was more surprised that the entire group was involved in the initial interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was handled by my recruiter.

Operations Intern Interview

Operations Intern
Lynchburg, VA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Genworth Financial in March 2013.

Interview Details College recruiting event>applied via Genworth website>applied via college career website>phone interview with headquarters>personal interview with panel of (2) future managers>background check>drug test>offer.
If you are a college student, be very careful to apply at BOTH your career center and via Genworth's website. Strong phone interview skills will get you past the recruiter. Genworth only hires about 1% of applicants.

Interview Question – Very interested in technical skill, coping in a team environment, and other experience.
Most difficult question
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Drug test.

Finance Development Program Interview

Finance Development Program
Stamford, CT (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Genworth Financial.

Interview Details First Round was a regular phone screening where they asked me about my experiences in the clubs/organizations I was a part of and stuff about my internship

Second rounds consisted of 7 back to back interviews with questions relating to cash flow statements, excel skills, prior internship experiences and market outlook.

Interview Question – Where would you invest given the current market conditions   Answer Question

New Business Case Manager Interview

New Business Case Manager
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genworth Financial in July 2010.

Interview Details The interview process starts with a phone interview. Once you have made it passed that you will be invited to the office in Phoenix to complete a gauntlet of four additional interviews. One will be with potential co-workers who will likely ask questions that hint at the job itself. One with a potential team leader, who will likely ask questions about your experience. Then two more with upper management to gauge your demeanor and attitude.

Interview Question – None of the questions are terribly difficult but they are very interested in "quality" and "accuracy." Any examples to that affect are met well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt to negotiate

Worked for Genworth Financial? Contribute to the Community!