Genzyme

Relevance Date Difficulty

CLINICAL SCIENCE ASSOCIATE Interview

CLINICAL SCIENCE ASSOCIATE
Lucknow

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Genzyme in August 2009.

Interview Details 5 ROUNDS including discussion with B U Head .Video conferencing with top management and one to one interview with HR and sales manager .After clering all the interviews you have to share the expected salary and most of the timesit matches with company HR Policies .

Interview Question – which is the biggest dream you want to come true in your life professional or personal   View Answer

Negotiation Details – it was a discussion with sharing many new benefits which i was not knowing .

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Genzyme.

Interview Details I was hired during the peak of consultant hiring period. So, the interview process was brief. A quick telephone interview with a few good questions I was hired. The HR did a good job on pre-screen things. The job offer paper work is formal and complete. The whole process took about two weeks.

Interview Question – No difficult question.   Answer Question

QC Analyst I Interview

QC Analyst I
Framingham, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Genzyme in April 2014.

Interview Details Sent up there by a recruiter as I have years of experience in every facet of the job, told it was a temp position, during course of interview was told its permanent

Interview Question – Guy Im interviewing with out of the blue says "you know everybody else you would be working with is 15-20 years younger than you"   View Answer

Principal Regulatory Affairs Associate Interview

Principal Regulatory Affairs Associate
Cambridge, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Genzyme.

Interview Details The hiring process was quiet smooth and quick as I was called in for face to face interview directly without a phone screening. I had a small general conversation with one of the HR rep within a week of applying for this position. All in all a smooth experience and all the interviewers were very professional. I actually got the denial email from hiring manager and also got feedback on my interview performance and areas of improvement. Based on that conversation I believe I did make a cut but somebody was better than me else you normally don't hear back from the hiring manager and definitely not a feedback on your performance.

Interview Question – All the questions asked were standard questions, in fact the interview was more of a conversation than an interview.   Answer Question

Principal Production Planning Analyst Interview

Principal Production Planning Analyst
Framingham, MA (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Genzyme.

Interview Details I was an internal transfer, so I met with the Plant Manager to discuss the position. I submitted my resume to HR and they processed the paperwork to move me into my new role. The interview process for external applicants is much more detailed and complex. You will need to submit your resume online, and you will be contacted by HR if they are interested. Typically you will go through multiple interview sessions before a hiring decision is made. You can negotiate your salary, but there are salary ranges for each job level, and they will not typically exceed the maximum amount for the grade.

Interview Question – Are you interested in this position, and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since this was an internal transfer, the negotiation phase was simple. The position was one level higher than my current job, so a slight pay increase was added to my salary.

Lab Manager Interview

Lab Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Genzyme.

Interview Details Standard phone screen followed by a first interview with 8 individuals and a second interview with 6 additional employees, plus a talk. None of the questions were particularly difficult, and I tried to be well-prepared. The process took way too long though (from November to April).

Interview Question – Would you say you pay attention to detail and can you provide an example?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Framingham, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Genzyme.

Interview Details Meet with multiple people. Start with HR, then Hiring manager, then the rest of the team. Scientists individually, but associates are grouped together as a tribunal. Then back to HR. For second interview, you will meet director team again, maybe will give small seminar.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual. Genzyme doesn't require a formal psych evaluation style interview that places like Merck use. Basically you will be asked about your experience etc. and things relevant to the actual position write up.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Definitely negotiate. The offer is below market and if you accept it, that salary will blunt your future salary raises/promotions for your career.

Biostatisticians Interview

Biostatisticians

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Genzyme.

Interview Details Applied online and approximately a week later got an email from HR to schedule an phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview lasted about 30/40 mins with mostly technical questions and haven't heard back since.

Interview Question – Some behavioral questions and questions on fixed effects/random effects/GLM/non-parametric models,collinearity,PCA, factor analysis, DOE   Answer Question

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Software Engineering Manager

Interviewed at Genzyme

Interview Details Initially contacted by a 3rd party recruiter. I had both phone and in-person interviews. As large as Genzyme/Sanofi is, they have not developed the maturity it appears to have a more formal interview process where the interviewers have been trained on how to interview.

Negotiation Details – Spent a few days on salary negotiations

Document Specialist II Interview

Document Specialist II
Allston, MA (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Genzyme in June 2011.

Interview Details Temp to perm. They do not value temps and will try to keep you on as a temp employee for as long as possible. Asked behavioral questions. Interested in how you'll work under pressure. Require high level of experience for admin work. Meet with 5 interviewers so be prepared to be there a couple hours.

Interview Questions

• Example of conflict with coworker and how resolved it?   Answer Question
  • How do you manage competing priorities/can you work in a fast-paced environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Cannot negotiate. Not much money in budget. Colleague who moved laterally from another position (FTE to FTE) took a pay cut. Be prepared to work hard with poor compensation. Terrible work environment - unprofessional.

Worked for Genzyme? Contribute to the Community!