George Weston

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Legal Assistant Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at George Weston in September 2013.

Interview Details I was contacted to have a telephone interview by the Human Resources Coordinator and that was straight forward. She set up an interview for later that week in which I was to meet her and one of the lawyers. Instead I met her, 3 lawyers and one law clerk. After discussing the job with one lawyer HR began to ask many standard behavioral questions. At one point while answering I looked over at one of the lawyers and to my surprise he was leaning back in his chair, EYES CLOSED, with his hands folded on top of his head. HR continued to ask behavioral questions until I met the senior lawyer.

The most senior lawyer didn't ask me any questions about my qualifications but told me how he would describe himself before asking me how I would describe myself. He also took the time to ask where the Loblaws locations were in my neighbourhood. He then left the room without a handshake or backward glance while I said goodbye to him.

I sent a thank you note and a few days later, without acknowledging the note or saying thank you to me, HR asked for my references and then called them. I contacted her a few weeks later to find out about the status of my application and she said they were still interviewing. The job ad is still up two months later so I'm not sure why she was in such a hurry to check my references.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you encountered gossip in the workplace.   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at George Weston in February 2013.

Interview Details Was contacted by someone from HR to do a phone interview. The interview was quite straightforward, going through the resume and the basic "what are your strength and weaknesses" questions. The recruiter was nice, and helpfully clarified questions when unclear or unspecified. The entire phone process took about 15 to 20 mins.

Interview Question – What in your opinion is the most undesirable quality in a manager   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at George Weston.

Interview Details There are two stages to the interview process, with the human resource then the hiring manager who you will work with. Checked with company after 3 weeks on interview process and got a generic email that they were moving on with other applicants instead.

Interview Question – the questions weren't difficult, they were relevant to the position on offer but in the second interview: the hiring manager was more interested in looking for faults i have rather than the value i can bring to the company.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at George Weston.

Interview Details Very easy.
HR contacts with basic traditional questions.
Manager contacts with few questions afterwards.

Negotiation Details – N/A

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for George Weston? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at George Weston interview questions and advice in Canada. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by George Weston employees and interview candidates.