GlaxoSmithKline

108 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Publication Writer Interview

Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in January 2014.

Interview Details First was a one hour test with analytic reasoning questions. It had several sections including numerical aptitude, logical reasoning, puzzles, English, Spell Check, data interpretation. Time management was tough. Second round had an immunology essay question (what is immunity? what are the types of immunity with egs), two statistical tables to interpret and pointing statistical errors, and to write an abstract of a scientific manuscript from virology field.

Interview Question – Time management and statistics interpretation   Answer Question

Area Sales Manager Interview

Area Sales Manager
Calcutta

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2011.

Interview Details One round Campus Interview - taken by VP marketing and GM-HR

Interview Question – Why do I wish to join pharma sector   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phasse

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative
Ahmedabad

Interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline

Interview Details applied through campus, shortlisting on the basis of academic score
2nd round was GD, 50% shortlisted for PI.

Interview Question – why to buy dove not lux?   Answer Question

Brand Executive Interview

Brand Executive
Delhi

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2008.

Interview Details Interview form followed by 2 rounds of interviews. One with HR Director and One with Line Manager head. Fairly well managed process. Make you comfortable and handle it quite professionally. Interview form followed by 2 rounds of interviews. One with HR Director and One with Line Manager head. Fairly well managed process. Make you comfortable and handle it quite professionally.

Interview Question – Critique this interview room in terms of color, layout etc.   Answer Question

Student Intern Interview

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in August 2009.

Interview Details 1. Written test
2. Technical oral interview

Interview Question – You have six zeros (0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0). Do any math on it, and make it 120.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I agreed to what they offered.

Very Easy Interview

Software Developer Interview

Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2008.

Interview Details They wanted a technical person in the ASP.NET field to interact with their IT/development partners or outsourced. I went through 4 rounds of interview. All went well and I might have joined, it was the final or HR round which made me reject the offer. The remuneration was not an issues the HR personnel who interviewed me, pissed me off. After 3 great rounds of interviews with the senior most management, the HR guy was so irritating and asked some really silly and even disrespecting questions. Even while rolling out the offer, the process took too long and was extremely bad.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – The HR interviewer was the primary reason and the time taken t o roll-out offer.

Analytical Scientist Interview

King of Prussia, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied online. Interview with HR one month later. Invited to onsite interview two months later. Interview consisted of a meeting with hiring manager followed with me giving a presentation with Q/A session. Questions during entire interview consisted of questions regards to problems they were trying to solve and generic HR questions. Emailed hiring manager two weeks later for update with no response. Horrible communication throughout the entire process. Still have not received reimbursement for interview expenses.

Interview Question – What would you implement to solve this......   Answer Question

Finance Manager Planning and Analysis Interview

Brentford, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2014.

Interview Details telephone interview (30 mins) followed by face to face interview with hiring manager and its line manager (Finance Director). focus on competencies and work related examples for different situations.
no feedback after the interview, even if it was one hour and a half long and they were impressed by my experience and my technical "textbook knowledge"
I requested a formal feedback and they told me that they are "are in the final stages of making a decision", no further details, but never heard of them back again

Interview Question – predictable questions, no formal introduction of the interviewers (they never presented themselves with their job names, I had to search them on Linked in to know who they were), the hiring manager was the one to coordinate the interviews (dates, time, location) - no HR involvement whatsoever in the recruitment process   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Worthing, South East England, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in February 2014.

Interview Details I sent my CV to a recruitment agency to apply for the role. The following day I received a phone call to discuss my experiences, salary expectations and why I was looking for a move. A week later I received a phone call requesting a face to face interview. The interview was scheduled for the following week at a time convenient for me. The interview consisted of a competency based panel interview followed by a presentation and lasted ~1hour 30minutes. After which I had the floor to ask questions. I was informed that it would take ~2weeks to get feed back as they had just started the interview process and had a lot of candidates to interview. On the Monday of the start of the third week following the interview I received a phone call from the recruiter that GSK had made an offer for me, which after some questioning I was happy to accept. GSK had the best onboarding process I have encountered in my professional career. They have a dedicated onboarding profile which was clear, and easy to use.

Interview Question – As the interview was competency based, it was all about your dealings and experience with difficult people, decisions and how you go about influencing people. The most unexpected question was asking me what my current salary is, this was the first time I have had a hiring manager ask that during the interview. Their technical question was regarding how you would go about conducting an investigation, which I felt wasn't technical at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes I was able to negotiate my salary for the grade I was being interviewed for. I did not feel any requirement to negotiate as I felt the salary offered was very competitive. I would say if you are going to negotiate have a solid case on why you are worth more than they are offering and what skill you have that will benefit the business greatly.

Future Leaders Program Interview

Interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline

Interview Details Online application --> Video Interview --> AC

Interview Question – A few essays to complete when applying online   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at GlaxoSmithKline

Worked for GlaxoSmithKline? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GlaxoSmithKline interview questions and advice. All 108 interview reviews are posted anonymously by GlaxoSmithKline employees and interview candidates.