Goldman Sachs

Relevance Date Difficulty

Design Service Group Associate Interview

Design Service Group Associate
Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in June 2014.

Interview Details The HR called and inquired about my designation, roles, responsibilities, projects that I undertook, years of experience. It was like an background check over call. Later I received an email from the HR providing details of date, time and the role that I would be interviewing for.

I arrived at the venue at 9.30 am in the morning and left the venue at 3.00 pm in the afternoon and attended only two rounds of interview. Both the rounds of interview were face to face and were about 30 minutes each. After the 2nd round I was asked by the receptionist to leave the interview venue instead of the HR.

Later after a week I received an email from the HR stating that I was not selected for the position as their requirements were not matching. I appreciate Goldman's Sachs HR team for being professional and writing an email to candidates who are not selected.

Interview Question – 1. How would you sell your Idea to your management.
2. How would you convince your management if they are not accepting your Idea.
  Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

Interview Details company presentation, the company does not want any experienced person, 30 minutes aptitude test was conducted after the presentation, 1-1 interview general is conducted for the candidates who cleared the aptitude test, 2-1 interview technical and general is conducted in the next day for who cleared the 1st round interview, 2-1 interview technical is conducted for the final selection.

Interview Question – since i didn't attend the final round, all the questions were common and general.   Answer Question

Analyst Developer 01 Interview

Analyst Developer 01
Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2012.

Interview Details I had a total of 7 rounds:

1) Written Exam on "Super Day". Technical Questions + Aptitude.
2) Face to Face interview. (Core JAVA Concepts, Basic Project questions)
3) OOPS questions.
4) Analytical + Puzzles.
5) Senior Management Round. (More of Project discussions)
6) Telephonic Round (Senior US person)- Techno Managerial Round
7) Final Round. (Head of Group) - Managerial Round

Interview Question – Given two sorted arrays, merge them. (This was unexpected not tough) :)
People having knowledge of Merge Sort will feel as lollipop.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Get an high compensation initially, because after that you might have non stop ZERO HIKES.

MTpatiently Interview

MTpatiently
Pune

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2013.

Interview Details Tell me about urself
What do you like about Goldman Sachs
Interesting Interview
they give lots of time to answer and listen to u patiently
Lots of technical questions in the second round

Interview Question – Your weakness   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details I had around 10 rounds of interview, four F2F and the remaining over the phone. Questions were from Data Structures , Design and projects. It was conducted over a span of a 10 days before I got an offer from them.

Interview Question – Interviews were easy   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Bangalore

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2013.

Interview Details This was a campus placement interview process, so they conducted a test among all the students who applied for the interviews. The test had 3 sections, Probability & Discrete maths, Algorithms analysis & core CS concepts like OS, database etc. There were subjective and objective questions in each of the sections. After the selection via the test, the interview process also included asking mathematical and algorithm puzzles etc.

Interview Question – Most difficult question asked to me was the 8-Queens puzzle, which I encountered for the first time in the interview.   Answer Question

Associate Lead Interview

Associate Lead

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details There was one telephonic which i got through and was called on a face to face interview a week later.
The face to face interview was mere a discussion of what is my profile and went on a hour. The job profile exactly matched to that of mine and the discussion went on well in the interview. I dint seem that i went wrong anywhere in my communication. However an email was sent to me stating that my candidature would not be possible. I am really suprised when i saw that mail and i am not convinced for what had happened.

Interview Question – No difficult question faced in the interview   View Answer

Analyst/Developer Interview

Analyst/Developer
Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details Usually you will be required to go through a written test, with 3 sections for Aptitude, Technology and Reasoning. After that there will be at least 5 rounds of interviews depending on your performance in the initial rounds. You will be assessed on both your technical knowledge and aptitude/ logical reasoning. More emphasis is on your understanding of technology as well as your role and understanding of the projects you worked on.

Interview Question – What are the different ways threads on different JREs can communicate?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Do research and quote your expectations accordingly. Try hard to negotiate the salary when you are asked and don't hesitate to stretch the negotiations by days. Rest assured, if you are able to make it till this phase, they will try as much as they can to bring you in. But don't be rigid.

Senior Analyst Developer Interview

Senior Analyst Developer
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2010.

Interview Details 4 round of telephonic interviews followed by 3 rounds of in-person interviews

Interview Question – Given a 4X4X4 cube made of 1X1X1 cubes. How many cubes make the surface of this cube   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – I asked for more salary and they said they are already paying more than industry standards. Then I asked for joining bonus and they agreed

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details The interview process included a couple of case studies and very technical questions about the previous job and the work done.

Interview Question – Which JAVA API did you use in your previous job?   View Answer

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!