Goldman Sachs

1,494 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst/Developer Interview

Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details Usually you will be required to go through a written test, with 3 sections for Aptitude, Technology and Reasoning. After that there will be at least 5 rounds of interviews depending on your performance in the initial rounds. You will be assessed on both your technical knowledge and aptitude/ logical reasoning. More emphasis is on your understanding of technology as well as your role and understanding of the projects you worked on.

Interview Question – What are the different ways threads on different JREs can communicate?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Do research and quote your expectations accordingly. Try hard to negotiate the salary when you are asked and don't hesitate to stretch the negotiations by days. Rest assured, if you are able to make it till this phase, they will try as much as they can to bring you in. But don't be rigid.

Senior Analyst Developer Interview

Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2010.

Interview Details 4 round of telephonic interviews followed by 3 rounds of in-person interviews

Interview Question – Given a 4X4X4 cube made of 1X1X1 cubes. How many cubes make the surface of this cube   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for more salary and they said they are already paying more than industry standards. Then I asked for joining bonus and they agreed

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details The interview process included a couple of case studies and very technical questions about the previous job and the work done.

Interview Question – Which JAVA API did you use in your previous job?   View Answer

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2013.

Interview Details Interview process was long and tedious .
Pressure test was intense and a lot of stress was given to aptitude and business knowledge

Interview Question – What will happen if a monkey jumps on a truck which is already loaded to capacity and is on its way from destination A to B ?
\
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No NEgotiaiton

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

New Delhi

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2013.

Interview Details The best interview experience I have had. The interviewers were friendly throughout the process and helped you. Questions were easy as I was thorough with my technical knowledge. Interview began on time and without any delay the results were declared. I was selected at the end. :)

Analyst Developer 01 Interview

Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details one written test which had questions on apititude, analytical reasoning, SQL and one programming problem

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, they offered as expected

Analyst

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details 0. A lot of discussion about my under grad college,its campus,hostel life,( even food quality !!). Then why not Phd-difference in academiic and corporate life etc etc?
1. What is outlier? Why we are concerned about them - give a situation ? How to detect it? 2008 crisis-extreme value theory?
2. What do you mean by lift chart?
3. Stability of a system? Describe eigenvalues and eigenvectors?
4. What do you mean by Factor Analysis?
5. logistic regression? how to estimate its parameters? how to know whether it is a good model or not? Give an example of it.
6. When is a PDE parabolic? Methods to solve PDE numerically? Explain Finite Difference Method
7.Describe CLT?
8. How to Estimate parameters of ARIMA model?What is ACF?

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Quantitative Analyst
Calcutta

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2013.

Interview Details Placement in college. Was not looking for this job particularly. But they have a big img and were coming to our clg. They took an aptitude test, cleared it. Next morning, they called for interviews. Asked probability questions and algorithm questions all day long. Cracked almost all of them. Cleared finally.

Interview Question – n people standing in a row with all of them having different heights. Expected position of the tallest guy.   Answer Question

Analyst
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details Campus Recruitment. Had 1 written test, HR interview and then 2 interviews at GS office.

Interview Question – Nothing specific. Just some basic Finance/Accounting questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a standard compensation for all Campus grads. But they pay the best salaries to freshers compared to other companies.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2013.

Interview Details first aptitude test which was for 1.5 hrs including mathematical questions,verbal abilityand reasoning. questions are easy. then hr interview and if selected a number of interviews after dat

Interview Question – what is accounting standard 7   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goldman Sachs

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!

Goldman Sachs Videos

Goldman Sachs – Why Work for Us?

We bring together people, capital and ideas to produce solutions and results for our clients by playing a number of roles: financial advisor, lender, investor and asset manager. A commitment to integrity, team work and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goldman Sachs interview questions and advice. All 1,494 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Goldman Sachs employees and interview candidates.