Goldman Sachs Interview Questions

1,687 Interview Reviews

3.3

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

The interview consisted of four rounds. First was general aptitude, followed by an interview with the HR and then a behavioral round. I didn't make it to the fourth round, but I think it was a technical round. Along with the aptitude, we were also asked to write essays. Nothing too difficult.

Technology Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

The position was in India - Bangalore office of Goldman Sachs. I was contacted via a recruiter. Then the HR contacted me and did an initial briefing of the role and then later called me for a full day face to face interviews at their office.

There was an initial interview from the HR and then followed by two different head of the Technology teams. Then later that day by the senior folks in the team. It was all very friendly / conversation type discussions through out. After a week , I received few more phone discussions with my potential counter parts from the US office.
    Overall , it was a pleasant experience. It took almost 6 weeks to complete the interview process and another three more weeks for the final offer.

Interview Questions
    • It was mostly around the cultural fit and work ethics.   View Answer

Equity Research Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Contacted by an external recruiter regarding this position. Got selected for an initial telephonic interview. Vague questions which weren't really related to the JD or the work I would have been doing.

Interview Questions
    • Best way to trade volatility instruments.   View Answer

MOCC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

1.written test for 30 minutes ,questions based on networking domains 2.Techincal interview 3.personal interview.If u done CCNA course you can crack the written test as well as technical HR.inteview.And be clear all the concepts under the topics of IP addressing,VLAN and some basics in MS-office outlook.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

Applied through a recruiter. Process took one day. Interviewed at Bangalore office.
    One written Test with Java coding question and SQL database creation question
    F2F round1 [only 50% will go for this] for those who cleared above [Datastructure,Java, and other frameworks mentioned in your CV , SQL Join Queries]
    F2F round2 [only 10% of last round] More In-depth Java [Threading,Polymorphism,Restful,Serialization,Test-driven,Mocking and creating Object with certain criteria using Trees]

Now only very few people left . So If passed round2 . Round3 will be Managerial , which unfortunately I didn't have.

Interview Questions
    • Menu A has A1,A2,A3
      Menu B has B1,B2
      and Menu A1 has A11,A12,A13
      and Menu A12 has A123. Implement this Object.
        View Answer
    • Array Sorting [by odd or even first] and Merging.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

1)apti mcqs(20) + tech mcqs(35) + essay(Why do u consider yourself to be the best fit for gs) , No negative marking, Sectional time limit
    2) GD- 12 in a group...Scenario based...things they see logic in ur statements n articulation
    3)tech interview 1- About your Projects, DS,OOP
    4)tech interview 2- DS, ALGO, C++
    5)tech interview 3- DS, DBMS
    6)HR-

MOCC Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

1. I had applied online got a reply after 3 days they asked me to walk in for a F2F interview, there i was given a technical test for 30 mins after clearing that it was F2F technical round for 15 to 20 mins followed which was aF2F HR interview

Analyst/Developer Interview

many rounds of interview but not that difficult, core java questions are predominant, sql and problem solving skills are checked, queries are based on views, caching, indexes... in java, collections and threads are concentrated. design skills are not tested so much at this level. All though there would be many rounds but questions would be repetitive.

Interview Questions
    • they will ask puzzles, db related questions are sometime tricky, written test can be difficult..   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Barely a 10 minute interview. Seemed to be more of a chit chat than a question answer round. I thought they would be more interested in the kind of person I am, however they preferred to take CAs and CFA qualified people.

Interview Questions
    • How are the indices GS in registered on performing in India. The question took me by surprise. It was the last question I was expecting.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Had an technical and HR round interview on same day at bangalore office EGL. This was for experienced candidates. The interview was scheduled @12 pm but they called us only at 2 PM . The questions were simple easy to crack HR was more a formality. But dont get the reason on what they select the candidates