Goldman Sachs Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
1,610 Interview Reviews

3.3

Analyst Interview

Had an technical and HR round interview on same day at bangalore office EGL. This was for experienced candidates. The interview was scheduled @12 pm but they called us only at 2 PM . The questions were simple easy to crack HR was more a formality. But dont get the reason on what they select the candidates

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

3 rounds of telephonic interview-2 rounds technical , 1 with VP -mostly about why GS etc.
    next 5 rounds personal interview. 2 panel rounds technical and situtaional based, 2 with managers and final with VP.

Vice President Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2014.

The initial call to me was from the HR Team informing me about the series of telephonic interview that i've to appear. The interviews kept on happening, some were cancelled on ad-hoc basis and rescheduled at a very short notice. The questions asked by the interviewers were very structured and relevant to the work done by me. Nothing was asked outside my CV. However, the basic questions were repeated and made me felt as if they were following a script.

After appearing for all the interviews (around 5-6 rounds) up-to the level of MD, I was scheduled to visit their office for a final face to face discussion with the HOD. I was asked to book my tickets and thereafter the HR calls and informs me that the interview has been cancelled because one of the panel members was travelling out of India suddenly. Thereafter I never heard from them.

Interview Questions
    • For a VP position they asked me the question about standard costing which was very unexpected.   Answer Question

New Associate Programmer Analyst Interview

It was a campus drive. The first round consisted of technical and aptitude mcqs, two programming questions and an essay. This was followed by a group discussion in which we were given a situation and we had to come to a conclusion unanimously. Then we had two technical interviews and one hr interview. Lots of questions were asked based on my current project and my resume. Some situations were given in the hr interview to which I had to tell how I would react.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer expects you to know about new technologies.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First was a written round with questions mainly to test your quantitative aptitude-questions ranged from very easy-medium. Next was an essay writing test. Both are easy to crack but fastness and accuracy matters. Third round was group discussion.Don't try to be dominant- remember this is a group discussion and not a debate- support or constructively oppose your team members. Two in each group of about 10 people went through. Next was a 2 on 1 interview- with questions ranging from simple HR to basic finance and little bit of your subject domain. Don't try to bluff the interviewer saying that you are well versed in the finance world- especially to people coming from the engineering background- just an interest and zeal to learn is sufficient to get through. The final interview was a 1 on 1 with the vice president. They were mostly personality based questions like- Give an example of a situation which proved your leadership skills etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2012.

College recruitment.. Interview process took 3- 4 days and the results took a month, after which there was a background check. The interview process starts only if you clear an aptitude test

No Negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2013.

written paper consisting of simple output question of c c++ java and os n networking.then a gd round and after tht a technical interview followed by hr We're committed to protecting our community from fraudulent submissions that might affect our ratings and reviews

Analyst/Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

interviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2014.

The innterview was not completely technical,it consisted of HR questions as well as coding.
    They asked the question given in written round and check your communication skill in deep.Preapare about your project also , projects are always asked.

Interview Questions
    • In technical interview I was asked to speak about the pen in my hand for 2 minutes.But I was expecting questions related to DS and algorithms.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2013.

This was an On-Campus recruitment for internship.
    Basically it was not as hard as the Full time employee recruitment process.
    Number of rounds were variable (2 - 4).
    First round:
    -> Written test. Mostly of Quantitative aptitude and some C++ apti.
    -> An essay on describing yourself.
    -> Time was not sufficient. Mostly a minute to solve a question.
    Technical round:
    -> Had 5 questions.
    -> Simple Data Structure problems and asked to write a pseudo-code.
    -> Concentrated on DBMS queries mainly join.
    -> UNIX command like printing nth record in a text file.
    HR/Technical Round:
    -> Tested basic knowledge on academic packages .
    -> Some stress questions.
    -> They just check whether you can handle a situation under pressure.

If you are interested to know the functioning of financial domain then this is the place for you.
    Wont be working with cutting edge technologies again all are team based.

Design Service Group Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in June 2014.

The HR called and inquired about my designation, roles, responsibilities, projects that I undertook, years of experience. It was like an background check over call. Later I received an email from the HR providing details of date, time and the role that I would be interviewing for.

I arrived at the venue at 9.30 am in the morning and left the venue at 3.00 pm in the afternoon and attended only two rounds of interview. Both the rounds of interview were face to face and were about 30 minutes each. After the 2nd round I was asked by the receptionist to leave the interview venue instead of the HR.

Later after a week I received an email from the HR stating that I was not selected for the position as their requirements were not matching. I appreciate Goldman's Sachs HR team for being professional and writing an email to candidates who are not selected.

Interview Questions
    • 1. How would you sell your Idea to your management.
      2. How would you convince your management if they are not accepting your Idea.
        Answer Question

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!