Goldman Sachs

Relevance Date Difficulty

New Associate Programmer Analyst Interview

New Associate Programmer Analyst

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details It was a campus drive. The first round consisted of technical and aptitude mcqs, two programming questions and an essay. This was followed by a group discussion in which we were given a situation and we had to come to a conclusion unanimously. Then we had two technical interviews and one hr interview. Lots of questions were asked based on my current project and my resume. Some situations were given in the hr interview to which I had to tell how I would react.

Interview Question – The interviewer expects you to know about new technologies.   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details First was a written round with questions mainly to test your quantitative aptitude-questions ranged from very easy-medium. Next was an essay writing test. Both are easy to crack but fastness and accuracy matters. Third round was group discussion.Don't try to be dominant- remember this is a group discussion and not a debate- support or constructively oppose your team members. Two in each group of about 10 people went through. Next was a 2 on 1 interview- with questions ranging from simple HR to basic finance and little bit of your subject domain. Don't try to bluff the interviewer saying that you are well versed in the finance world- especially to people coming from the engineering background- just an interest and zeal to learn is sufficient to get through. The final interview was a 1 on 1 with the vice president. They were mostly personality based questions like- Give an example of a situation which proved your leadership skills etc.

Interview Question – Why should I Hire you?   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2012.

Interview Details College recruitment.. Interview process took 3- 4 days and the results took a month, after which there was a background check. The interview process starts only if you clear an aptitude test

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2013.

Interview Details written paper consisting of simple output question of c c++ java and os n networking.then a gd round and after tht a technical interview followed by hr We're committed to protecting our community from fraudulent submissions that might affect our ratings and reviews

Interview Question – questions from networking   Answer Question

Analyst/Developer Interview

Analyst/Developer
Bangalore

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2014.

Interview Details The innterview was not completely technical,it consisted of HR questions as well as coding.
They asked the question given in written round and check your communication skill in deep.Preapare about your project also , projects are always asked.

Interview Question – In technical interview I was asked to speak about the pen in my hand for 2 minutes.But I was expecting questions related to DS and algorithms.   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2013.

Interview Details This was an On-Campus recruitment for internship.
Basically it was not as hard as the Full time employee recruitment process.
Number of rounds were variable (2 - 4).
First round:
-> Written test. Mostly of Quantitative aptitude and some C++ apti.
-> An essay on describing yourself.
-> Time was not sufficient. Mostly a minute to solve a question.
Technical round:
-> Had 5 questions.
-> Simple Data Structure problems and asked to write a pseudo-code.
-> Concentrated on DBMS queries mainly join.
-> UNIX command like printing nth record in a text file.
HR/Technical Round:
-> Tested basic knowledge on academic packages .
-> Some stress questions.
-> They just check whether you can handle a situation under pressure.

Negotiation Details – If you are interested to know the functioning of financial domain then this is the place for you.
Wont be working with cutting edge technologies again all are team based.

Design Service Group Associate Interview

Design Service Group Associate
Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in June 2014.

Interview Details The HR called and inquired about my designation, roles, responsibilities, projects that I undertook, years of experience. It was like an background check over call. Later I received an email from the HR providing details of date, time and the role that I would be interviewing for.

I arrived at the venue at 9.30 am in the morning and left the venue at 3.00 pm in the afternoon and attended only two rounds of interview. Both the rounds of interview were face to face and were about 30 minutes each. After the 2nd round I was asked by the receptionist to leave the interview venue instead of the HR.

Later after a week I received an email from the HR stating that I was not selected for the position as their requirements were not matching. I appreciate Goldman's Sachs HR team for being professional and writing an email to candidates who are not selected.

Interview Question – 1. How would you sell your Idea to your management.
2. How would you convince your management if they are not accepting your Idea.
  Answer Question

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

Summer Analyst - Technology

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details 5 Rounds.
1st Round- MCQ(Aptitude and Technical)
2nd Round - Group Discussion,
 then 2 rounds of technical Interview and a HR Interview.
The Technical Interviews were mainly based on logical puzzles,and basic concepts of programming and Data Structures.

Interview Question – I was mainly asked logical puzzles and questions on OOPS.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

Interview Details company presentation, the company does not want any experienced person, 30 minutes aptitude test was conducted after the presentation, 1-1 interview general is conducted for the candidates who cleared the aptitude test, 2-1 interview technical and general is conducted in the next day for who cleared the 1st round interview, 2-1 interview technical is conducted for the final selection.

Interview Question – since i didn't attend the final round, all the questions were common and general.   Answer Question

Analyst Developer 01 Interview

Analyst Developer 01
Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2012.

Interview Details I had a total of 7 rounds:

1) Written Exam on "Super Day". Technical Questions + Aptitude.
2) Face to Face interview. (Core JAVA Concepts, Basic Project questions)
3) OOPS questions.
4) Analytical + Puzzles.
5) Senior Management Round. (More of Project discussions)
6) Telephonic Round (Senior US person)- Techno Managerial Round
7) Final Round. (Head of Group) - Managerial Round

Interview Question – Given two sorted arrays, merge them. (This was unexpected not tough) :)
People having knowledge of Merge Sort will feel as lollipop.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Get an high compensation initially, because after that you might have non stop ZERO HIKES.

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!