Goldman Sachs

Updated 16 Dec 2014
1,819 Interview Reviews

3.3

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

At first we had an aptitude test, 25 questions were technical and 15 were quantitative aptitude and logical reasoning and one was an essay about "Why you are the best fit for GS?". Next day after the pre-placement talk the results were given. Then after around 40 mins we had our GD round, the topic was "Is technology taking away the essence of life?" and then immediately after the GD results were announced. For interview round, there were 4 interviewers in different rooms. Each interviewer was asking questions of there own liking. In 1st round basic JAVA questions and algorithm questions were asked. Then results were given in half an hour. In 2nd round some high level Algorithm questions were asked and also some HR type questions about hobbies were asked. Then after about an hour in 3rd round some HR type questions to tell about yourself and some puzzle questions were also asked.

Some tips-
    1) They take your CV seriously, so don't write anything that you don't know. And know what you write.
    2) Practice aptitude questions especially C++ aptitude.
    3) Be well managed and on time during the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • Suppose you are the owner of an online shop and you want to know what the user searched for today. How will you proceed ? Write an algorithm for this.   View Answer
    • Anything you want to ask me?   View Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

It was an On-Campus recruitment process. Only one round of interview for 20 people. The interview lasted for 15-20 minutes. Questions were asked about my internship, background, pass-times and some about valuation.

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

On campus internship program. Written round(online) . 41 question(15 aptitude , 25 technical and essay type).
    Then Group Discussion and then Three rounds of interview.( 2 Technical rounds and one HR round)
    The whole process took 2 days

Interview Questions
    • What will you do when your manager gives you a task to complete in 2 days and after doing the analysis you find out that it will take 8 days?   View Answer
    • You are given 100 doors initially closed. At your first iteration you open them. At the second iteration you switch the state(close if open and open if closed) of every 2nd door . on 3rd you switch state of every thierd door and so on.
      What will be the state of all the doors after the 100th iteration.?

Answer Question

Analyst Interview

good process got through first 3 rounds. Overall interview process was easy.Only important thing is to be confident and bold while answering questions.interview was held in college about 10 people were shortlisted for a job in bangalore.

Interview Questions
    • explain about a situation where u were put under pressure.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2014.

it consisted of one written round after that one GD round with topic related to general science,after that 3 consecutive PI round to select interns. PI round was a bit technical,most often puzzle and teasers, and probability decision making.Technical will be basically C and C++ whichever you are comfortable will be asked.It was very interactive conversation.Very good experience.

Equity Research Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Contacted by an external recruiter regarding this position. Got selected for an initial telephonic interview. Vague questions which weren't really related to the JD or the work I would have been doing.

Interview Questions
    • Best way to trade volatility instruments.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

The interview consisted of four rounds. First was general aptitude, followed by an interview with the HR and then a behavioral round. I didn't make it to the fourth round, but I think it was a technical round. Along with the aptitude, we were also asked to write essays. Nothing too difficult.

Technology Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

The position was in India - Bangalore office of Goldman Sachs. I was contacted via a recruiter. Then the HR contacted me and did an initial briefing of the role and then later called me for a full day face to face interviews at their office.

There was an initial interview from the HR and then followed by two different head of the Technology teams. Then later that day by the senior folks in the team. It was all very friendly / conversation type discussions through out. After a week , I received few more phone discussions with my potential counter parts from the US office.
    Overall , it was a pleasant experience. It took almost 6 weeks to complete the interview process and another three more weeks for the final offer.

Interview Questions
    • It was mostly around the cultural fit and work ethics.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

Applied through a recruiter. Process took one day. Interviewed at Bangalore office.
    One written Test with Java coding question and SQL database creation question
    F2F round1 [only 50% will go for this] for those who cleared above [Datastructure,Java, and other frameworks mentioned in your CV , SQL Join Queries]
    F2F round2 [only 10% of last round] More In-depth Java [Threading,Polymorphism,Restful,Serialization,Test-driven,Mocking and creating Object with certain criteria using Trees]

Now only very few people left . So If passed round2 . Round3 will be Managerial , which unfortunately I didn't have.

Interview Questions
    • Menu A has A1,A2,A3
      Menu B has B1,B2
      and Menu A1 has A11,A12,A13
      and Menu A12 has A123. Implement this Object.

View Answer
    • Array Sorting [by odd or even first] and Merging.   Answer Question

MOCC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

1.written test for 30 minutes ,questions based on networking domains 2.Techincal interview 3.personal interview.If u done CCNA course you can crack the written test as well as technical HR.inteview.And be clear all the concepts under the topics of IP addressing,VLAN and some basics in MS-office outlook.