Goldman Sachs Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct 2014
1,658 Interview Reviews

3.3

MOCC Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

1. I had applied online got a reply after 3 days they asked me to walk in for a F2F interview, there i was given a technical test for 30 mins after clearing that it was F2F technical round for 15 to 20 mins followed which was aF2F HR interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

Applied through a recruiter. Process took one day. Interviewed at Bangalore office.
    One written Test with Java coding question and SQL database creation question
    F2F round1 [only 50% will go for this] for those who cleared above [Datastructure,Java, and other frameworks mentioned in your CV , SQL Join Queries]
    F2F round2 [only 10% of last round] More In-depth Java [Threading,Polymorphism,Restful,Serialization,Test-driven,Mocking and creating Object with certain criteria using Trees]

Now only very few people left . So If passed round2 . Round3 will be Managerial , which unfortunately I didn't have.

Interview Questions
    • Menu A has A1,A2,A3
      Menu B has B1,B2
      and Menu A1 has A11,A12,A13
      and Menu A12 has A123. Implement this Object.
        View Answer
    • Array Sorting [by odd or even first] and Merging.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Barely a 10 minute interview. Seemed to be more of a chit chat than a question answer round. I thought they would be more interested in the kind of person I am, however they preferred to take CAs and CFA qualified people.

Interview Questions
    • How are the indices GS in registered on performing in India. The question took me by surprise. It was the last question I was expecting.   Answer Question

Analyst/Developer Interview

many rounds of interview but not that difficult, core java questions are predominant, sql and problem solving skills are checked, queries are based on views, caching, indexes... in java, collections and threads are concentrated. design skills are not tested so much at this level. All though there would be many rounds but questions would be repetitive.

Interview Questions
    • they will ask puzzles, db related questions are sometime tricky, written test can be difficult..   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Had an technical and HR round interview on same day at bangalore office EGL. This was for experienced candidates. The interview was scheduled @12 pm but they called us only at 2 PM . The questions were simple easy to crack HR was more a formality. But dont get the reason on what they select the candidates

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

3 rounds of telephonic interview-2 rounds technical , 1 with VP -mostly about why GS etc.
    next 5 rounds personal interview. 2 panel rounds technical and situtaional based, 2 with managers and final with VP.

New Associate Programmer Analyst Interview

It was a campus drive. The first round consisted of technical and aptitude mcqs, two programming questions and an essay. This was followed by a group discussion in which we were given a situation and we had to come to a conclusion unanimously. Then we had two technical interviews and one hr interview. Lots of questions were asked based on my current project and my resume. Some situations were given in the hr interview to which I had to tell how I would react.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer expects you to know about new technologies.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First was a written round with questions mainly to test your quantitative aptitude-questions ranged from very easy-medium. Next was an essay writing test. Both are easy to crack but fastness and accuracy matters. Third round was group discussion.Don't try to be dominant- remember this is a group discussion and not a debate- support or constructively oppose your team members. Two in each group of about 10 people went through. Next was a 2 on 1 interview- with questions ranging from simple HR to basic finance and little bit of your subject domain. Don't try to bluff the interviewer saying that you are well versed in the finance world- especially to people coming from the engineering background- just an interest and zeal to learn is sufficient to get through. The final interview was a 1 on 1 with the vice president. They were mostly personality based questions like- Give an example of a situation which proved your leadership skills etc.

Analyst/Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

interviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2014.

The innterview was not completely technical,it consisted of HR questions as well as coding.
    They asked the question given in written round and check your communication skill in deep.Preapare about your project also , projects are always asked.

Interview Questions
    • In technical interview I was asked to speak about the pen in my hand for 2 minutes.But I was expecting questions related to DS and algorithms.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2014.

I attended 9 round of interview.
    1st round : written technical MCQ questions,
    2nd to 8th : All technical except for 2 Managerial rounds
    9th round : A telephonic round. Call came from Hong Kong.

Very very very lengthy process. Completing the full process will take more than 60 days.

Suggession : If you have offer letter tell them before hand, once they roll off your offer letter you cannot bargain with them. The HRs will talk to very nicely, but the moment u tell them u cannot join GS you can see the change in their behaviour.

Interview Questions
    • Couldn't remember the questions but all questions are mostly from Core Java and SQL. Not a single question on Spring, Hibernate or Struts.
      Core Java : Basics, Threads, Collections
        Answer Question

Had better offer than GS.