Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in London, England

3.3

143 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2014.

Was contacted by HR (they had my details on file) and asked if I'd like to interview for an Analyst position.I believe this was part of their off-cycle intake.
    Interviews were 1:1, and back-to-back. No "surprise" or "trick" questions. Common sense dictates: know your stuff, inside out. Questions were slightly 'behavioural' in nature. All of my interviewers were very pleasant.

Spring Week Intern - Global Investment Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First Step: Online Application with GPA, CV and Motivational Statement. Frist selection after that.
    Second Step: Telephone interview with a member of the division for about 30 minutes. First task to give a quick brief about my CV then on why I applied for Goldman, next step was to analyse a fictional company, then own questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you determine next years revenue of a german lock-company?   Answer Question

Junior FX Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Please note that this was for academic year 07/08.

Recruitment for the grad programme had already ended and I think they had lost a grad on the FX desk. They were trying to fill that place post initial recruitment. Therefore this may not have been the usual process. I had no HR/competency round.

First stage:
    I had 2 one-on-one interviews and a written numerical test.
    -Interviews were with members of the desk.

Second stage:
    I had 4 one-on-one interviews, again with desk members.
    -I was rejected after these but there may have been further stages.

I'm not sure whether it was a ploy or accidental but I asked each one of my 4 interviewers for water in the second stage. They all said somebody would bring it. No one did. Pretty annoying.

In my opinion, it was the 'right' kind of process. No nonsense 'blag-able' competency questions. Well, for the most part (there was one lady that did the whole 'what 3 words would your friends use to describe you?'). Very practical process, in general. Test of knowledge, ability and mettle. At least you could sleep happy knowing that the best man/woman for the job got it.

I was mostly tested on technical knowledge of the markets. There was one very tough interview where you had to do mental arithmetic under pressure. Unlike other companies asking you how you react to pressure, this one guy put you under it and saw how you reacted. Made sense. I'm very good at mental arithmetic (and could answer them if relaxed) but struggled when bombarded with difficult questions in the interview scenario. Fair play. It told him what he needed to know.

Interview Questions
    • All the interviewers had very different questions. The mental arithmetic under pressure was the hardest part.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied online in November 2013. Heard back about first round interview at the end of January. First round interview consisted of firstly an interview about an Analytical Thinking Exercise we were given when we arrived and then a competency based interview. Both interviews lasted 30 minutes. Heard back a few days later about the second round interview. It consisted of 3 30 minute interviews which were a mix of technical and competency baed questions. Waiting to hear back.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2014.

Most of the questions were about why I did want to go to Operations and why Goldman Sachs. They expected you to provide many examples on several skills. For example I was asked whether I knew the main tasks an operations analyst did and to provide an example on me resolving a technical problem.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me an experience where you had a moral conflict. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Securities Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2014.

I applied online in November 2013 - had a phone interview in mid-January 2014. After 4 weeks I was invited to London in start-March where I had 3 individual interviews. First two interviews was very relaxed, some questions regarding the markets and behavioral questions. The third interview was much more technical.

Interview Questions
    • I had to pitch a stock, which I had prepared for, but afterwards became very technical in terms of valuation questions.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied in December, was called for my first interview fairly quickly. This was a one on one 30 min interview, purely fit 'talk me through your CV'. I had to wait nearly three weeks until they got back to me, I was invited to the final round which was three thirty minute interviews, a mix between fit and technical.

Technology Analyst Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I had two rounds interview which are similar. In first round, there is exercises and then we need to explain our answers.

Interview Questions
    • In technical question, they expect you to answer optimal solution. like in IQ test :D   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

Applied online, was invited for a first round interview where we were given 30 minutes to read through and work out possible solutions to an analytical thinking exercise based on cloud computing, then spent 30 minutes explaining my approaches and possible solutions to one person and last but not least a 30 minute one-on-one interview about my competencies, questions included details about projects on my CV and how I would definite a highly motivated person, what I knew about goldman sachs and so on. Was invited to the final round about 3-4 days after, where I had 3 30 minute interviews, 1 one-on-one and 2 two-on-one interviews, again mainly based on competencies and a lot of questions about projects on my CV. A few technical questions were also asked. Now waiting to hear back!

Interview Questions
    • What would you say to me if you were working at Goldman Sachs and I was a customer wanting to invest in clean, renewable energy in a particular area and a I was contemplating collaborating with one of the main competitors of GS?   Answer Question

One Year Placement In Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied online and within a week I received an invite for the first interview in London. This consisted of two 2:1 interviews, both competency based. However some questions were asked which were quite specific to the Services division. I received another email five weeks later inviting me to the second round interview. This consisted of four 2:1 interviews, all competency based again. However, again, more questions quite specific to the particular division I was applying for. Five days after the interview I received a phone call congratulating me on receiving an offer for the placement year.

Interview Questions

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!