Goldman Sachs

Average Difficulty
139 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hyderābād

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2013.

Interview Details written test with aptitude, reasoning and essay...... shortlisted candidates are called for an interview and that is operations round where your confidence level and aggressiveness towards job is tested

Interview Question – each and every line you hav written in essay was monitored...   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2013.

Interview Details very analytical and communication skiils based.

Interview Question – Tell me the latest finance news   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotioaon

Chennai

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details 4 rounds 1st day consisted of aptitude and hr screening.second day was the technical and final interview.

Interview Question – the most difficult was one question where i had to explain about a leadership role i had handled in the past and the problems faced   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2012.

Interview Details One 2:1 interview followed by five 1:1 interview. Same day. One after the other. Basic questions about yourself, what is in your resume, why Goldman Sachs, why operations, your strengths, weaknesses. No technical questions.

Interview Question – What is the reason for the curent euro debt crisis   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Operations Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2012.

Interview Details Interviews consisted of two 45 minute rounds with two pairs of recruiters. Both interviews were behavioral - very little technical questioning. The recruiters were very nice and the tone was conversational, no grilling. Called back within a week.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Goldman Sachs?   Answer Question

Jersey City, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2014.

Interview Details Went in the superday interviews at the Jersey City office. Three half hour back to back interviews with VPs and MD. No technical questions just behavioral. Thought the interview went well but got a call saying they will not be continuing with my application.

Interview Question – Name your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Analyst Operations Interview

Analyst Operations

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details 12 interviews over a 2 day period

Interview Question – Pretty straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Jersey City, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2014.

Interview Details Did the phone interview, went really well. Got an email few days later for super day at the ops headquarters in jersey city. The recruiters were very helpful. The email included a list of 3 opportunities I was being considered for. I was very well prepared, interviewers said I was over qualified for the positions. 3 30 min interviews. Mostly behavioral questions. Contacted the recruiter after waiting for 3 weeks. Got a call on the 4th week and didn't get an offer

Interview Question – How much does a boeing 707 weigh?   Answer Question

Jersey City, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2013.

Interview Details The interview was about an hour long. I interviewed with three people, the first was two on one and the second was one on one. Mainly behavioral questions a few technical. The first interview was harder for me but the second was very good, the lady was friendly and it turned into a conversation rather than just an interview. My advice is try not to be be too nervous. They are very interested in persons who can work well in teams.

Interview Question – Why finance?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst

I applied through another source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details 3 in-person interviews with VPs and a MD, 2 company interview dinners. Asked basic questions like why GS, why ops, what is your 10 year goal, your background…etc. Last one was with a MD. I was asked to describe the image of Goldman, news that interested me recently and why.

Interview Question – Tell us your experience that you made a significant difference in processing.   Answer Question

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!