Goldman Sachs

Updated 28 Jan 2015

2.9

174 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operation Analyst Interview

Campus placements. First we had the orientation in college. We had four rounds. First round aptitude, it consisted of English, math and logical reasoning. It was not very hard to crack. second round h.r interview, third round operations round1 and operations round 2. Over all the interview process was smooth and not very tough.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself
    why do you want to take up finance as a career?
    Why Goldman Sachs
    where do you see yourself 5 years down the line

Answer Question
There was no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2013.

very analytical and communication skiils based.

No negotioaon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

4 rounds 1st day consisted of aptitude and hr screening.second day was the technical and final interview.

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult was one question where i had to explain about a leadership role i had handled in the past and the problems faced   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2013.

written test with aptitude, reasoning and essay...... shortlisted candidates are called for an interview and that is operations round where your confidence level and aggressiveness towards job is tested

Interview Questions
    • each and every line you hav written in essay was monitored...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2013.

Got selected through campus interview. The process lasted for 2 days. Day 1 included aptitude for half an hour to 40 mins approx and a screening round which lasted for 20 mins . Day 2 had 1 technical round again around 15 to 20 mins and a hr round for 10 mins .

Interview Questions
    • Questions in round 1 (aptitude ) were basic quanta and verbal plus attention to details. Round 2 had majority to do with general info about the company and its performance plus some current affairs related to finance and economics. Technical round had some brain storming questions but quite easy like
      1.estimate the number of customs we deal on daily basis
      2. Why is the rupee value depreciating
      3. How can world markets affect goldman's performance etc .

hr was the best as it gave an ample chance to express myself which I personally was looking forward to. I was asked questions like 1.what are your strengths and weaknesses
      2.how have you shown leadership and had you encountered any problems during that period and how have you overcome those issues
       3.why job over mba
      4. Give us three reasons as to how your contribution will make difference
      5. Have you had any fears or resentment in the past and how have you gotten yourself out of it

View Answer
    negotiation phase wasn't there as I got through campus in which the deal is pre determined.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2012.

One 2:1 interview followed by five 1:1 interview. Same day. One after the other. Basic questions about yourself, what is in your resume, why Goldman Sachs, why operations, your strengths, weaknesses. No technical questions.

No negotiation.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied online. Got an email inviting me to the first round of interview. Got through that and invited me for a second round a week later. First round, one interview with two people and second round consisted of 3 interviews again with two employees each.

Interview Questions
    • Standard competency questions. Give an example when you have worked in a team, why finance, why Goldman Sachs, why operations, tell me about yourself.   View Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied through school and then online. Was contacted about 2 months later. This was for operations analyst position in Hong Kong with the Corporate Services. Had about 5-6 phone and video interviews with CSRE division around the world.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Standard online application. Submit CV and cover letter online. Invited for face to face interview about 2 weeks later. Interview was with two vice presidents (they had both been with the firm for about 8 years each). Pretty standard questions about CV, a lot of competency questions. A good talking point is the firm's culture and their 14 business principles. I would recommend mentioning some of those that stand out for you.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2015.

For me this was a three tier interview process. I met with the recruiters at a career fair and actually originally spoke to a representative of the Finance Division; however, the Operations Division representative overheard the conversation and told me I would be better suited for his division. He asked me to describe my work experience, and strangely enough he was right it aligned more with Operations than Finance. I gave him my resume' in hopes that he would give me some good news, he kind of shrugged and just told me to apply online if I was interested, and I assumed the opportunity was done.

About two weeks later I got a call from their SLC office, and he scheduled an interview for me to speak with someone in ops over the phone from their NYC offices. I applied for the internship online officially after the interview setup over the phone. Many people from my school received the phone interview. There was a miscommunication on the date of when I was supposed to speak with the interviewer, and I was shocked to get a call on Black Friday while I was shopping and not prepared but I still took the phone interview. It was 15 minutes, and the interviewer asked basic questions basically going over my resume and if I knew what operations did at Goldman. She was very pleasant to talk to and it ended being less an interview and her giving me advice and talking about her experience at Goldman.

About a week later I received an email congratulating me and inviting me to Super Day. Of the 10 people that made it to the phone interview from my school, I was the only that made it to Super Day (maybe because I also applied online helped because I also received the Congrats on the career login as well). Super Day was a round robin of two 30-minute interviews. I had a one-on-one interview where I was asked the why Goldman questions (why Goldman, what part of the division would you work, and how my experience would help at Goldman). The second interview was a two-on-one interview where the questions were all behavioral and situational (describe when you made a mistake, how do you address big problems, what does this word mean on your resume in simple terms, etc.) For me the experience was rather easy because I have quite a bit of work experience that I was easily able to apply to each question naturally. This interview went fairly well too. All three interviewers opened up to me and also basically provided me advice and insight into their experiences. Had the interview on Friday and got notified Wednesday.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation you have been a situation where you were morally conflicted, and you saw someone commit an act that goes against your morals but you went along with it because society says its okay.   Answer Question
    N/A