Goldman Sachs

Getting the Interview

201 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pune

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2012.

Interview Details The process consisted of three rounds of personal interview. The interviews were a mix of Technical, HR , and logical reasoning questions. The interview was moderately difficult. The interviews also ask you questions related to your CV and whether its true. You are also seen whether you would be the right fit

Interview Question – I was asked a Technical Finance related question which i really had no idea about and i had never heard the term before.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details there were 3 rounds following the entrance test. The first was an HR round to gauge our interest in the firm. The second round was the technical round to identify our skill set. And lastly another HR round.

Interview Question – Why should we choose you?   Answer Question

Kharagpur, West Bengal

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2013.

Interview Details They mainly asked technical questions related to programming and took a test initially, with a round of gd and 3 rounds of pi there were 2 rounds of technical pi and a hr round.

Interview Question – They asked me about languages like R i didn't know about(actually I had never heard of it)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It is a great oppurtunity do accept it

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details The hiring process consists of
1 written exam consisiting of 20 aptitude questions , 10 technical questions of 50 minutes duration
There is a 5 minute separate essay question
The written exam is followed by Group discussions , there are very few eliminations in group discussions
After the group discussions , there are 2-3 interviews which are both tech and hr in nature .

Work Culture - Work culture is pretty good at GS , actually it varies a great deal with you team at the GS office

Interview Question – There are few tricky puzzles , u need to get through   Answer Question

Warangal

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2013.

Interview Details very chilled out interviewers.

Interview Question – would you prefer your core branch intern if you get that too?   View Answer

Bangalore

Interview Details The whole interview process of Goldman is basically divided into 3-phases:
1. written round(basically C/C++/Java, general aptitude and writing skills(probably an essay or paragraph about a random topic)
2. Group Discussion(one of the most important and preferences are given to the star performers)
3.Technical Interviews/HR interviews- typically technicals with more emphasis on DBMS and OOPs (may vary from person to person according to their AOI) they may ask you few puzzels.

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2011.

Interview Details There were three rounds of interviews - HR, Fit, technical. With divisional heads, vice presidents, managing directors and associates in addition to members of the HR team. Only five people were finally made the offer, from an initial shortlist of about 40. It's very selective and tiring.

Interview Question – Hedge fund strategies   Answer Question

Bangalore

Interview Details Goldman Sachs recruited interns for summer analyst position.
The initial shortlist was resume based. CGPA mattered but they were looking for spikes or an X factor in the resume.
The number of interviews varied from person to person ranging from 2 to 6.
Interviews were mostly technical one on one in nature.

Interview Question – The famous 100 Prisoners and a Light Bulb.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details Aptitude test, HR round and 2 more rounds of interview.

Interview Question – Experience in the current college.   View Answer

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2010.

Interview Details On campus event. Initial shortlisting though resumes followed by a written test on aptitude and c/c++. Then a group discussion and 2 rounds of interview.

Interview Question – The written test had strict time constrain. The interview questions were based on cs fundamentals and coding.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goldman Sachs

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!

Goldman Sachs Videos

Goldman Sachs – Why Work for Us?

We bring together people, capital and ideas to produce solutions and results for our clients by playing a number of roles: financial advisor, lender, investor and asset manager. A commitment to integrity, team work and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst interview questions and advice. All 201 interview reviews posted anonymously by Goldman Sachs employees and interview candidates.