Goodwill

148 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier/Sales Associate
Antigo, WI (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Goodwill in October 2011.

Interview Details The Goodwill hires for 10 to 15 hours per week to start. They change your schedule every week so completely it makes it impossible to work a second job. This is why ALL their employees are on some sort of state assistance. In the break room they have information on how to apply for all kinds of assistance, paid for by the tax payers. This is ridiculous since it is owned by Goldman Sachs. If you doubt this I would be happy to forward you my retirement benefits paperwork to prove it.

Interview Question – The interviews are extremely simple and shallow, since most of the time the position has already actually been filled by a friend or relative who has not yet signed the W_2.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation you take the 10 or 15 hours a week or you don't, their is no option.

Very Easy Interview

Processor Interview

Processor

I applied in-person and interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview Details I applied online and then I went to a job fair where I was interviewed and then I was scheduled for a second follow-up interview.

Interview Question – Why are you here?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in February 2014.

Interview Details Two telephone interviews. Then interview with retails ales department. Then interview with HR and Director of Operations. Common interview questions. Why Goodwill? Describe your typical workday.

Interview Question – How did you help a co worker advance within the company   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goodwill in March 2013.

Interview Details I applied online and got a call later that day about coming in for an interview the following day. They asked really simple questions about previous work experience but it was overall very laid back. She helped on questions I stumbled on and was a very nice lady. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – What is a goal you accomplished?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation really. 8.75 an hour.

Employment Program Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview Details Applied online. Received a phone call/screening about a week later. I was called later that day to schedule an interview. The first interview was a 1:2 interview with the President and VP of Workforce Development. The interview was standard questions, it lasted about an hour and a half. The President was very engaging with the question constantly asking follow up questions based on my responses; the VP stuck to the standard questions/responses. Was asked to produce a writing sample a few days later. The writing sample was a mock employment/training program. My references were checked a few days later. I didn't hear back from them so I followed up with a phone call a week later and was invited for a second interview. The second interview was with the VP of Workforce Development and the VP of Human Services. The second interview questions were standard, some of them were already asked during the first interview. I received a very impersonal email the following day from HR notifying me that I did not get the job.

Interview Question – Fairly standard. "What is your greatest weakness?"   Answer Question

Regional Operations Manager Interview

Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Goodwill in December 2012.

Interview Details Great interview and hiring process. All standardized and straight forward. Great manager and team for the interview process. Was a quick and informed process.

Interview Question – What is the mission statement. I just could get it all memorized to come out with it naturally.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They was straight forward with the new opening they was looking into and asked if I would like to accept it.

Contract Interview

West Milwaukee, WI (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Goodwill in February 2013.

Interview Details Interview process was rather quick, which is good, however, very intimidating. Panel interview where management actually asked me, "Are you nervous?" Any response I had to their questions, I didn't receive much reaction, a smile or even a, "yes, you answered the question."

Interview Question – Honestly, each question should be revised. It was as if they were trying to ask one thing but beating around the bush with a lengthy question to confuse me. What motivates me in the morning, to go to work? When one of my reasons was to make a pay check, they frowned on that.   Answer Question

Warehouse Worker Interview

Orlando, FL (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview Details i was hired through re-employment connection program under work force central Florida

Donation Door Attendant Interview

Omaha, NE (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Goodwill in August 2013.

Interview Details Hiring process all based on availability.

Interview Question – Pretty easy interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just availability. If you have a second job, you may want to see how the manager at Goodwill is. Some are fine with it, so are not.

Interviewed at Goodwill

Interview Details Applied online and then called to check on the status of my application. The manager then set me up of an interview.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. The manager just ask tell me about yourself and why goodwill.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goodwill