Goodwill

Relevance Date Difficulty

Processor Interview

Processor
Waite Park, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Goodwill in January 2014.

Interview Details Interviewed by two people. They asked me the typical questions. Why I wanted to work there, was there ever a time that I had a difficult customer and what did I do. They were pretty nice really.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions in this interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Workforce Specialist Interview

Workforce Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview Details I completed the online application and received a call back for a face to face interview. I received a call back maybe a few weeks later for a face to face interview. Basic 1:1 interview with the manager.

Interview Question – standard interview questions   Answer Question

Retail Supervisor Interview

Retail Supervisor

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in February 2013.

Interview Details Three interviews with people of increasing authority. Assistant store manager, store manager, district manager.
2 day orientation. Fairly standard stuff. They have a list of questions. You tend to get asked the same thing by more than one person.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions. Most interesting: Where else have you applied?   Answer Question

Retail Associate Interview

Retail Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Goodwill in June 2014.

Interview Details The hiring and interview process was very fast. My first initial contact was a phone interview and next was a face to face interview with the store manager and assistant manager. I was hired the same day as my interview. The process was great and interviewers were very professional.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for GoodWill?   Answer Question

Employment Specialist Interview

Employment Specialist
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in May 2014.

Interview Details Contacted through phone and email which detailed interview location and time.

Interview day: interview started late, they were behind. Interviewed with two individuals and the majority of questions were based on what I knew about the company and why them. It lasted 50mins and the two individuals asked questions back and forth. They mostly just looked at their papers and everything was very scripted.

I had a feeling that they were looking for someone who looked "older".

Interview Question – How exactly would you reach your quotas when most of your clients have a negative work history?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Merchandise Supervisor Interview

Merchandise Supervisor
Shakopee, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goodwill in January 2014.

Interview Details phone interview, if your liked then in person interview. The process is standard questions and standard answers, just want to know if you have the personality to get along with everyone else and have OPEN availibity. that is the most important they they are looking for.

Interview Question – tell me about a time when you had to deal with a angry customer and what did you do in the situation and what was the outcome   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Hudson, WI (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in August 2012.

Interview Details why do you want to work here? The same as any retail store interview. Interview with two managers, followed by a phone call with job offer. One day group video orientation, training. Get to know your coworkers and have a blast.

Interview Question – What makes you the best candidate?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Processor Interview

Processor
Reno, NV (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied for the regional bookstore about one month ago, and never heard anything, and coming in person didn't really help. Then, after the month, I got a phone call (and in-office interview) from a regional manager who manages 16 stores in the area. Clearly a very busy person, but he was easy to talk to. Asked a few general questions about prior history, education, etc, and through showing general competence and intelligence, was hired on the spot. The interview was simple, just the two of us, and the other workers seemed pretty down-on-their-luck, but friendly. It's not hard to get hired if you are willing to work hard(ish).

Interview Question – "What is your favourite movie, and why?" Oddball question, but definitely simple.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Honestly, he prefaced hiring me by saying "the place where you will be working is basically a 'testosterone-fest'. It's only men working there, and it's hard labor, and it's hard to keep up with demand for your time," and also inferred that people tend to screw off because he didn't want you on your phone just because he wasn't there. I was uncomfortable with everything he said about the location, so told him I would come in two days later for paperwork, and called him the next day to turn it down. He was really nice and offered several other possibilities to make me more comfortable, but it wasn't worth it to me. It would have been a really hard sell to get me to take the job. But he was really nice.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in December 2013.

Interview Details A relative helped me get the job so I did not have to do an online application just went in to an interview with a few basic questions mostly behaviour questions

Interview Question – What is your availability?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Assembly Interview

Assembly

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Goodwill in January 2012.

Interview Details Called me to see if I was available . Went in to talk to a recruiter. She asked the normal questions and I answered. I filled out all the paperwork required. Took the required test that were needed. She was a very pleasant person to talk too. She really made you feel at ease.

Interview Question – there were no detailed questions involved.   Answer Question