Goodyear

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Aurangābād, Maharashtra

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Goodyear in November 2011.

Interview Details telephonic interview............techinical interview.............three rounds..................hr interview...................negotiation.....................medical tests.................offer letter

Interview Question – how to you chack machine accuressy..............?   View Answer

North America Marketing Interview

Akron, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Goodyear in January 2014.

Interview Details Very thorough interview process -- three rounds with internal recruiter, HR and management team. Everyone seemed friendly.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard and related to my specific background/capabilities. No oddball questions.   Answer Question

Customer Advisor Interview

Onalaska, WI (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Goodyear in August 2011.

Interview Details Call and scheduled an interview, 2 interviews and a drug test later i had the job.

Interview Question – It was mostly the preosses, Goodyear likes their role playing.
example: customers been waiting for their oil change and we've had it in for 1 hour 20 min "I really have to go! whats taking so long?!"
  View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Development Engineer Interview

Hebron, OH (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goodyear in March 2014.

Interview Details This was a great site with info for my interview, so I should share.
Applied online (1.5hrs) via a link from college.
3.5hrs later I got an email to take a proctored online test (1.5hrs).
Took test on Friday morning, got a call first thing Monday, scheduled a 3person phone interview for that afternoon.
Phone interview: LOTS of behavioral questions, plus the 2minute sell-yourself speech. (Both of which I failed as bad as the test I took) BE PREPARED, know your resume and be ready to explain it to them in detail without being asked any side questions!
Amazingly, for failling everything so far I was invited to s 5hr "meet&greet" the following monday.
Meet & Greet:
there we 6 applicants, but only 4 showed up. DO NOT Wear a suit jacket, it would be overkill. I was the only person with a tie besides a GY engineer. Be ready for a full on psych observation from 16-20 people. 1/4 HR, 1/4 GY Senior Engineers, 1/4 Team you will be working with, 1/4 unknown.
2 45minute interviews, both just me with an HR and with GY top Engineer, so a 2on1.
The rest of the time was non-stop questions. BE SO READY FOR MANY BEHAVIORAL QUESTIONS!!!!!! Bring a pen & pad.
I also failed this horribly. Never been asked so many behavioral questions in my life combined!

Great people! Would have been a great job in Hebron Ohio at the new R&D plant.
The pay was never given.

Interview Question – To many to think! Be ready for non-stop "tell us about a time when...." If you stall they note, it's hard.   View Answer

Professional - Corp Interview

Akron, OH (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview Details Applied online (make sure to copy your answers to a word document - the form is wonky and my answers kept disappearing). After about two weeks, I was scheduled through recruiting company for a 30 min. phone interview. On the phone screening, the team mentioned wanting to move quickly (decision within two weeks). I followed up after two weeks since I didn't hear anything and was told there were no decisions made with the position yet. That was nearly two months ago and I haven't heard anything since (not even a note that they were pursuing other candidates). Pretty poor lack of communication.

Interview Question – Nothing too unexpected. General skill set and experience questions on the initial screening call.   Answer Question

Software Development Analyst Interview

Fort Smith, AR (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in February 2014.

Interview Details Had a 20 minute phone interview with company recruiter. They called me back about a week later to set up an in person interview. The in person interview went as follows:
1) 30 minutes talking with department director and IT manager
2) 45 minutes talking with IT manager and and a senior developer - The questions were a combination of technical and behavioral
3) 1 hour being grilled by three more developers with all sorts of technical questions
4) 1.5 hours to complete a 6 or 7 page written "test" that the developers had put together

Interview Question – It was just the shear number of questions from many different people. This was a 3 hour long interview with questions from start to finish. It was tiring and seemed like way overkill.   Answer Question

Retail Development Specialist Interview

Retail Development Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview Details Recruited on campus and then asked to fly to Akron, OH (HQ) for another round of interviews. 4 rounds over 4 hour span. Basic behavioral/situational questions with upper management. They are trying to gauge your ability to think quickly about situations and looking specifically for you to explain the "Situation/Action/Result"

Interview Question – Not really anything specific.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation for me. My first offer that blew the others out of the water coming out of school.

Sales Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview Details I applied online and did not hear back for a month. I then got a notification that I was no longer in the running for the position. I then received a call from the recruiter telling me that was an error. I then had an online behavioral test followed by a hour long behavioral phone interview. I then met with the hiring manager. A few days later I met with another associate. After all of this I was given an interview at headquarters and met with various people regarding the position. I was then given an offer days later. Process took close to 4 months.

Interview Question – Have you ever dealt with someone you did not get along with? What happened?   Answer Question

General Service Technician Interview

General Service Technician

Interviewed at Goodyear

Interview Details Interview went really well but later found out that want was promised in the interview was misleading just to get you in the door.

Interview Question – None but they should ask you are you ready to work here 6 days a week and have no life outside of here. Oh and we are open 7 days a week and don't answer phone on your days off cause they will call you in   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't do it

Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in September 2013.

Interview Details I was contact through a third party hiring firm based on my Monster.com Resume. After a couple weeks and a Webex Interview, I was given an onsite interview in Akron. The company flew me out for a full day interview which included 2 one on ones, some team building exercises. Also included was a plant walkthrough to see the process of tires actually being created. Definitely my favorite interview that I've had thus far.

Interview Question – What are the three most important things when designing a low resistance tire.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goodyear

Worked for Goodyear? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goodyear interview questions and advice. All 76 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Goodyear employees and interview candidates.