Google

Getting the Interview

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hyderābād

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google in March 2013.

Interview Details Initial screening was basic...Tests your thinking & understanding

Interview Question – If you are setting up a new e-commerce business, what are the things you would look at.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Google in February 2014.

Interview Details Google contacted me on LinkedIn. The first step in the process was a screening phone call with an HR person. That led to me filling out some paperwork and sending over a current resume. After this is black hole number one. I heard nothing from Google for months. Then I was contacted saying they wanted to move forward with a technical phone screen. This took 2 months to schedule. There were multiple attempts at this interview since there were scheduling issues where the interviewer was not available. When it finally did get the interview the interviewer was 15 minutes late.

Then the process started moving a little quicker. Within two days I received feedback they wanted to move forward as soon as next week. So I said I was available and then a whole week went by with no communication. Just me waiting to know if Google wanted to fly me across the country for an interview on a days notice. Finally, I get a response saying they needed more time the interviewers were too busy so I had to pass along more dates. This time the turnaround was a bit quicker I had a date scheduled a few weeks in advance. The process for scheduling travel was smooth and easy. They do one more call with you to prepare you for the onsite interview.

Unfortunately I was being considered for multiple positions and the HR team had misprepared me for my interview. I was told to expect a technically challenging interview. I had 5 hours of project management questions. Not at all what was in the job description. There seemed to be a large gap between what HR and I expected and what the team was looking for. The nightmare recruitment process finally ended with a voicemail saying they did not want to move forward. I requested more feedback as to why apparently that is against company policy.

Interview Question – Nothing specific sticks out.   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Google in January 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter asking I am interested in the position. After a screening interview w/ recruiter (typical resume-checking, followed by a couple probability questions), heard back in 2-3 days and had a one-hour interview w/ hiring manager through a video conference 1 week later. Another 3-4 days later, heard they decided not to move forward.

Interview Question – how would you advise the management in terms of improving current product offerings? on what basis? be specific.   View Answer

Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Google in December 2013.

Interview Details Contacted via e-mail after having applied to another position 3-4 months prior.
First interview with a junior on a similar position. Comfortable, informal atmosphere where we talked about the position, my previous experience and discussing market and industry trends.
Second interview with a senior Googler, focusing more on the "Googliness" and general fit with the company.
A good experience prior to and during the interview. However, poor follow-up where I did not hear back from them after the interview. I had to contact HR myself only to be told the employees in charge would contact me, which never happened... Did not receive any feedback on the interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you did an incorrect analysis?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Google

Interview Details pretty much the same kinds of questions you get in a standard consulting interview, though with more prompts/opportunities to think outside the box and quirkier twists.

Business Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Google.

Interview Details Interview with Human Resources and then with managers

Interview Question – To develop a new tech venture   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Google.

Interview Details Hiring process is different for the two positions I interviewed. One started with talking to the team leader on the phone, and then bring me to the onsite. The other one started with phone screening with HR, and then the HM, on the phone still.

Interview Question – They asked specific operation processes regarding their business   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google.

Interview Details very very difficult and full use of technology

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Google in February 2011.

Interview Details The interview process was through the University on campus recruiting. The school shared a database of possible candidates for different functions based on interests and experience. From that, Google picked the people for interviews.

At the beginning a thought that the process was weird since the recruiters at Google were very inflexible with the interview hours and dates (considering that I was an student). But in the end I yielded since it is Google right? Probably they have a lot of people who want to work there. Then at the time of the interview (was by phone), the interviewer called me almost 40 minutes late and spent probably 30-35 minutes talking about himself and his projects. I was really expecting an interview where the interviewer was interested somehow in getting to know me more and who would have spend the 45 minutes we had for that call more wisely. But again, they are Google, right? They can do pretty much what they want. The rest of the time we basically spent it talking about my thoughts on a few of his projects and one business case.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions was regarding my understanding of the education industry and how I could help institutions to attract better people to the system (students) and why would that be better than bringing anyone who could pay the tuition in the long term. This question was more like a regular consulting business case with a very limited amount of time   View Answer

Mountain View, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Google in July 2011.

Interview Details Had an initial call with two different recruiters to discuss which groups were interested. Very unorganized as neither knew I had spoken to the other. Then a phone interview with members of the group. Asked some brainteasers and some strategy/consulting-type questions, but pretty brief. Heard back from a recruiter the next day about continued interest and was scheduled to fly to Mountain View the next week.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Google

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Google employees and interview candidates.