Google Business Analyst Interview Questions

3.4

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google in March 2013.

Initial screening was basic...Tests your thinking & understanding

Interview Questions
  • If you are setting up a new e-commerce business, what are the things you would look at.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google.

Applied through a Googler friend and had a phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter was very pleasant and even seemed to be rooting for me. After that another phone interview with the hiring manager. This was the difficult part as the hiring manager knows what they are looking for. I didn't make it past this step.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Google in July 2014.

I was refered by my friend who works at Google and had one phone interview with HR so far. It lasted about 20 minutes, I was asked about details of each of my previous jobs and my University education. I had to describe a project I have completed previously which was relevant to the job position.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Google in March 2014.

Applied for the position through the google jobs website. A few days later I got an email from a recruiter asking if I was available for a phone interview. I arranged one for the following week.

In between I was in contact with the recruiter over email. She gave me a few topics to know well for the interview as well as some competencies (where I failed, how I have shown leadership, etc.)

So the interview day came along. I was initially supposed to have an interview with one staff member but at the last minute, it was swapped to a different one. They only mailed me about it an hour before the interview. So luckily, I saw the mail in time.

The interview went differently to what I was told to expect. All the topics I had covered and was told to expect didn't come up. Some competency questions came up about my previous experiences with failing, leadership, difficult employees. Then they asked about my SQL and statistics experience which I had a feeling would come up but wasn't sure what topics. Then the big one came along... The cognitive interview question that Google is famous for.

I got a bit flustered as I didn't think this would come up as they seem to have done away with them. They really dissect everything you say for this question so practice the ones available online

All in all, it was a tough enough phone interview. My main grievance was that I was told to know the product inside out but they never asked a single thing about it which annoyed me as I spend so much time researching it and learning about it.

Overall, neutral experience. Got an email a day later to say I didn't get it. Recruiter was lovely. Really nice. Interviewer, not so good.

Interview Questions
    • How many houses in the US have blue doors   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Google in February 2014.

Google contacted me on LinkedIn. The first step in the process was a screening phone call with an HR person. That led to me filling out some paperwork and sending over a current resume. After this is black hole number one. I heard nothing from Google for months. Then I was contacted saying they wanted to move forward with a technical phone screen. This took 2 months to schedule. There were multiple attempts at this interview since there were scheduling issues where the interviewer was not available. When it finally did get the interview the interviewer was 15 minutes late.

Then the process started moving a little quicker. Within two days I received feedback they wanted to move forward as soon as next week. So I said I was available and then a whole week went by with no communication. Just me waiting to know if Google wanted to fly me across the country for an interview on a days notice. Finally, I get a response saying they needed more time the interviewers were too busy so I had to pass along more dates. This time the turnaround was a bit quicker I had a date scheduled a few weeks in advance. The process for scheduling travel was smooth and easy. They do one more call with you to prepare you for the onsite interview.

Unfortunately I was being considered for multiple positions and the HR team had misprepared me for my interview. I was told to expect a technically challenging interview. I had 5 hours of project management questions. Not at all what was in the job description. There seemed to be a large gap between what HR and I expected and what the team was looking for. The nightmare recruitment process finally ended with a voicemail saying they did not want to move forward. I requested more feedback as to why apparently that is against company policy.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Google in January 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter asking I am interested in the position. After a screening interview w/ recruiter (typical resume-checking, followed by a couple probability questions), heard back in 2-3 days and had a one-hour interview w/ hiring manager through a video conference 1 week later. Another 3-4 days later, heard they decided not to move forward.

Interview Questions
    • how would you advise the management in terms of improving current product offerings? on what basis? be specific.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Google in December 2013.

Contacted via e-mail after having applied to another position 3-4 months prior.
    First interview with a junior on a similar position. Comfortable, informal atmosphere where we talked about the position, my previous experience and discussing market and industry trends.
    Second interview with a senior Googler, focusing more on the "Googliness" and general fit with the company.
    A good experience prior to and during the interview. However, poor follow-up where I did not hear back from them after the interview. I had to contact HR myself only to be told the employees in charge would contact me, which never happened... Did not receive any feedback on the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did an incorrect analysis?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

pretty much the same kinds of questions you get in a standard consulting interview, though with more prompts/opportunities to think outside the box and quirkier twists.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Google.

Interview with Human Resources and then with managers

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Google.

Hiring process is different for the two positions I interviewed. One started with talking to the team leader on the phone, and then bring me to the onsite. The other one started with phone screening with HR, and then the HM, on the phone still.

Interview Questions
    • They asked specific operation processes regarding their business   Answer Question