Google

Getting the Interview

82 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Google.

Interview Details Received a mail in December asking about the required documents and deciding a time for the telephonic interview. The date decided was 45 days later. Ample time to prepare.
I also received detailed information on what will be asked and how I can prepare for the same.
The Interview timings were very flexible.

Interview Question – A question related to binary search, which is a kind of weak spot and I always avoid using it.   View Answer

Interviewed at Google

Interview Details Great and smart people interview you. Very helping environment

Negotiation Details – I said yes straightaway

Intern

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Google in March 2014.

Interview Details Applied on the last day possible. Heard back mid-March, had two Google hangout interviews. Recruiters were very friendly and professional.

Interview Question – 3 advantages of adwords.   View Answer

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Google in January 2014.

Interview Details Referred through a current employee. Contacted by a recruiter pretty quickly and phone interview was scheduled in 2 weeks. First interviewer asked general questions about data structures and things, no programming or real algorithm writing. Second had me write some algorithms.

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google in February 2014.

Interview Details I got 2 back-to-back 45 minutes interviews. I think I was a bit too slow on answering the questions, and I got completely flustered when asked if I had any questions at the end of the first interview (don't do that, prepare questions, such what the interviewer works on and how he likes Google etc.).
I did sign an NDA, so I won't say what the questions were, though they did cover BSTs, binary search, finding intersection. I also explained how mergesort works (and I didn't do it as naturally as I should have).

Interview Question – Probabilities. I was not expecting probabilities, and I needed a lot of help to land on the correct solution.
I was also not really expecting the "tell me about yourself" type of question, though looking back, I should have.
  Answer Question

Interview Details Phone Interview

Interview Question – Basic questions about C, strlen and sizeof function   Answer Question

Interview Details Process took 3 months, I had about 4 rounds of interviews

Interview Question – Describe your fave Google product   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Google in September 2013.

Interview Details Contact with recruiter, 2 technical interviews, 3 host matching interviews

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Google in February 2014.

Interview Details Submitted my resume with an internal reference, then two general technical interviews, and then three placement interviews. All interviews are on the phone.

Interview Question – A question regarding how to make neural networks scalable with larger datasets   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It is quite direct.

Interviewed at Google

Interview Details I received two phone interview and they asked general question.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Google

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google Intern interview questions and advice. All 82 interview reviews posted anonymously by Google employees and interview candidates.