Google Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

3.3

89 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Gurgaon, Haryana
Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Google.

The process was the standard Google process.

CV shortlisting > 3 rounds of interview > result

The toughest part is the period of waiting in the 3 interviews as the results come after all the 3. So I advice people to be calm and don't think about the previous interview as it's an objective decision. ie if 2 out of 3 interviews like you, you get the role.

Interview Questions
  • What different perspective will you bring to the company products ?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Google.

Received a mail in December asking about the required documents and deciding a time for the telephonic interview. The date decided was 45 days later. Ample time to prepare.
    I also received detailed information on what will be asked and how I can prepare for the same.
    The Interview timings were very flexible.

Interview Questions
    • A question related to binary search, which is a kind of weak spot and I always avoid using it.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Great and smart people interview you. Very helping environment

I said yes straightaway

There were 5 interviews:
    -Outsourced Recruiting company (Cia de Talentos)
    -English interview with an outsourced english teacher
    -HR at Google (on site)
    -Manager Interview #1 (Hangout)
    -Manager Interview #2 (Hangout)

There is no silver bullet. You have to prepare yourself a lot, on topics like:
    -Logic thinking and critical reasoning
    -How Google makes money
    -Google Products, especially AdWords
    -Yourself: how does your previous experiences qualifies you for the job; how your values fits with the company's (there is no liying here. Literally be yourself, they will notice if you don't)

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the number of queries at Google's Search Engine in Brazil for the expression "English Language School"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google in January 2014.

Two phone interviews, first was fine. However the second interviewer was very rude didn't take time to introduce themselves to me. Rushed into the coding problem and wasn't not interested in conducting the interview what so ever.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you look over the links that the recruiter sends you in detail.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google.

They asked me to interview with them, so I did. They asked me a bunch of algorithms questions. I answered them. They decided not to hire me. womp womp. It was all on the computer and rather standard for google. They seemed very machine like. I'm not a huge fan to be quite honest.

Interview Questions
    • I had a question about implementing memmove. That part was easy. Then they wanted me to make copies faster (than word at a time), in C, while still being ANSI compliant. This is impossible. I know plenty of non portable solutions in assembly. They didn't seem to understand that the code they wanted from me was not correct.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview Details – I applied online and hear back within a few weeks. Interview process took 1 month, I had 2 rounds of interviews. All interviews were over the phone, the interviewers were very polite and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Interview Question – Describe your favorite Google product . I talked about Google Maps.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Google in March 2014.

1. CV online
    2.Google Fit Challenge: 10 easy questions to evaluate if your profile fits to Google's profile.
    3. HR interview (not from Google)
    4. 2 interviews with people from Google

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Accra (Ghana)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Accra (Ghana)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google in May 2012.

Two on-site interviews and one phone interview

I did not negotiate.

Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Google in October 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online on their website. A recruiter contacted me within 2 weeks. Interview times are very flexible. Gave me a whole month to pick dates from. I had two phone interviews (45 minutes each) back to back.

Interview Question – This was my first technical interview, so I was very unprepared. I will say prepare well. The first interview was not really hard, and the interview help you a lot through the process. Think loud while you are coding (on Google Doc), interviewer will help you, and it allows him to analyze your problem solving skills. It consisted of some String related questions, their efficiencies and way to improve your code.

The second interview was meant to be hard (as the interviewer himself mentioned. It was supposed to check your limit. I will not disclose the questions, as I respect their policy. But know you Data Structures well! Like really well. And also efficiency of algorithms.

Interview Questions

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!