Google Intern Interview Questions

3.3

94 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Google.

The process was the standard Google process.

CV shortlisting > 3 rounds of interview > result

The toughest part is the period of waiting in the 3 interviews as the results come after all the 3. So I advice people to be calm and don't think about the previous interview as it's an objective decision. ie if 2 out of 3 interviews like you, you get the role.

Interview Questions
  • What different perspective will you bring to the company products ?   View Answers (2)

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Google.

Received a mail in December asking about the required documents and deciding a time for the telephonic interview. The date decided was 45 days later. Ample time to prepare.
    I also received detailed information on what will be asked and how I can prepare for the same.
    The Interview timings were very flexible.

Interview Questions
    • A question related to binary search, which is a kind of weak spot and I always avoid using it.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Great and smart people interview you. Very helping environment

I said yes straightaway

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Google.

The process took over a month. Took a couple weeks to schedule the interviews after submitting my application and then a few more weeks to receive a decision. Two back to back interviews were scheduled. The interviews went well and they said that I passed them, however they didn't offer me a position.

Interview Questions
    • First interview focused on basic data structures and the second involved navigating a 2d array. There were also a few questions on big-Oh notation and pros and cons of various data structures.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google.

The Interview Process was grueling. What I was initially told was that I would perform two interviews: One technical over the phone, and then if they liked me I would fly out to California for a final interview at the Google Campus. This process however was dragged out to a total of 4 technical interviews that left me exhausted and completely disinterested in the company.

Interview Questions

The process was more than outlined and was not something I would recommend

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google.

I applied online, with just a CV and no cover letter (and I hate cover letters, so I was thrilled).
    A recruiter called me back and after some quick questions to check my background and motivation, he took the time to describe the interview process, the criteria I would be judged on and sent me some links to prepare my interview (mostly about Google products, it's pages you can find yourself browsing their career website).
    I had two phone interviews of 30 min, with questions on my experiences, behavioral questions and some to test my quantitative skills.
    After this, it went quite quickly and the recruiter always informed me of where the discussion was.

There were 5 interviews:
    -Outsourced Recruiting company (Cia de Talentos)
    -English interview with an outsourced english teacher
    -HR at Google (on site)
    -Manager Interview #1 (Hangout)
    -Manager Interview #2 (Hangout)

There is no silver bullet. You have to prepare yourself a lot, on topics like:
    -Logic thinking and critical reasoning
    -How Google makes money
    -Google Products, especially AdWords
    -Yourself: how does your previous experiences qualifies you for the job; how your values fits with the company's (there is no liying here. Literally be yourself, they will notice if you don't)

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the number of queries at Google's Search Engine in Brazil for the expression "English Language School"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google.

They asked me to interview with them, so I did. They asked me a bunch of algorithms questions. I answered them. They decided not to hire me. womp womp. It was all on the computer and rather standard for google. They seemed very machine like. I'm not a huge fan to be quite honest.

Interview Questions
    • I had a question about implementing memmove. That part was easy. Then they wanted me to make copies faster (than word at a time), in C, while still being ANSI compliant. This is impossible. I know plenty of non portable solutions in assembly. They didn't seem to understand that the code they wanted from me was not correct.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview Details – I applied online and hear back within a few weeks. Interview process took 1 month, I had 2 rounds of interviews. All interviews were over the phone, the interviewers were very polite and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Interview Question – Describe your favorite Google product . I talked about Google Maps.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Google in October 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online on their website. A recruiter contacted me within 2 weeks. Interview times are very flexible. Gave me a whole month to pick dates from. I had two phone interviews (45 minutes each) back to back.

Interview Question – This was my first technical interview, so I was very unprepared. I will say prepare well. The first interview was not really hard, and the interview help you a lot through the process. Think loud while you are coding (on Google Doc), interviewer will help you, and it allows him to analyze your problem solving skills. It consisted of some String related questions, their efficiencies and way to improve your code.

The second interview was meant to be hard (as the interviewer himself mentioned. It was supposed to check your limit. I will not disclose the questions, as I respect their policy. But know you Data Structures well! Like really well. And also efficiency of algorithms.