Google

Updated 3 Mar 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana
Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Google.

The process was the standard Google process.

CV shortlisting > 3 rounds of interview > result

The toughest part is the period of waiting in the 3 interviews as the results come after all the 3. So I advice people to be calm and don't think about the previous interview as it's an objective decision. ie if 2 out of 3 interviews like you, you get the role.

Interview Questions
  • What different perspective will you bring to the company products ?   View Answers (2)

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Google.

Received a mail in December asking about the required documents and deciding a time for the telephonic interview. The date decided was 45 days later. Ample time to prepare.
    I also received detailed information on what will be asked and how I can prepare for the same.
    The Interview timings were very flexible.

Interview Questions
    • A question related to binary search, which is a kind of weak spot and I always avoid using it.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Great and smart people interview you. Very helping environment

I said yes straightaway

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Google.

It was a three step interview with different guys. I was referred by a current employee. The interviews were back to back and i got tired for the third one. All of them had different field and area. First was UI, second was algorithm, third was Java and OOP.

Interview Questions
    • Implement a function to copy a linked-list with random pointer.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google.

I studied for a month. I am only a sophomore: the questions I was asked were hard for my level of coding. It was quite disappointing. I had a phone interview with two google employees. The first phone call was nice but I was not able to finish coding. The second call was horrendous. As we were sharing the google doc, I saw roughly 10-15 people go on to look at what I was working on. In addition to that, the interviewer had me on speaker. The speaker sucked and I kept hearing my own voice echo back at me. So it was nearly impossible to hear my interviewer over my echo. Whenever I asked my interviewer to repeat what he said because I couldn't hear, he would answer back with an attitude. The interviewer was rude. The question was also difficult and I answered it inefficiently. It was awful and I wish that I never have such a bad interview experience in the future.

Interview Questions
    • return the deepest node in a binary tree.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I submit the resume online and got the email within 2 weeks, And made a schedule for phone interview. there are 2 interviews in a row and with 2 different engineer for 30 min each. It was technical interview and generally I feel that they are so professional of the interview.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google.

Referred by a friend. Interview set up a month in advance. 3 phone interviews, all technical. Typical interview questions that required use of various data structures, nothing unexpected. First two interviewers were nice and helpful, relatively easy questions. Third interviewer was rather dull and gave a question that had no answer, nor did he help in giving hints (nearly silence on the other end).

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Google.

It was two phone interviews after I submitted my CV through a recruiter. The interviews were done 2 months after I submitted my CV. One interviewer was very comfortable to talk with, but the other was so quiet and did not give me timely feedbacks.

Interview Questions
    • They were technical questions regarding basic computer science like recursion and trees. It was important to figure out that the question was about recursion. I cannot reveal the questions here.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google.

After applying through the Google Jobs website, I was reached out to by a member of their People Operations team. I had a short telephone interview with one of the recruiters, then 2 telephone interviews with members of the team I would be joining, and then an offer. The whole process was very well organised and swift.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding how you advise partners to use the Google products my team worked with.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Google in February 2015.

The whole process was very exciting! I felt comfortable during the interview and had a small conversation after both rounds. Both rounds included market sizing questions. The second round was held with the head of the department which I applied to. I didn't get any reply but had been earlier told that if there are positive results then they will call tomorrow. So, I knew that I failed already the next day! ;-p

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the sales of Apple store apps for the year   View Answer