Google

Updated 26 Feb 2015
3,783 Interview Reviews

3.5

Software Engineer Interview

I am student at IIT Guwahati and take up Google interview. Total 5 rounds held prior final HR round and finally got selected for Google US. The final evaluation was done by google US. The questions are mostly algorithmic

Summer Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google.

I had applied online and after three weeks I heard back. I was scheduled for 2 phone interviews on Google+. The interview was challenging but the interviewee were quite helpful and even provided me some good advice and reading materials that I should look into. Overall it was a nice experience but they chose to move forward with another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Basically questions were asked on Dynamic programming, bit manipulation , and search trees   Answer Question

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Google in February 2015.

They have an elaborate useless interview process... If you are going through a consultancy, be assured, no matter how good you are, they will give two hoots to your profile or skills.

They treat you like you are a street side beggar wanting to apply to a top company! Be prepared to lose your self respect and be demotivated at the end of everything.

After 4-5 rounds of interview, they reject candidates on the basis of confidence? Well, then that should have certainly been gauged in your initial rounds of discussion, or wait! were they even paying attention to you during the initial interviews? My interviewer was too busy to look away from his cell phone.. that shows who's low on confidence.. he or me? Also shows the quality of people working out there. That is not it, I know of 2 of my friends working there. One who was fired from my former company and the other who could not clear her MBA exams.. so thats the quality a so called "Googler" holds.. I am thankful at the end of it, I am not associated with such a disgraceful Company!

Summer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Google.

Came to campus for summer intern recrutment. Shortlisted from resume. made a personal call to people at the convienent time. Process was over a week . and that's it . be as calm as possible try not to breach

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Google in January 2015.

The process went on for about 50 days or so. After the initial call from the recruiter, i got around 15 days to prepare for the first round, aka the screening. This was conducted over a phone call and lasted for a little more than an hour. Basic questions, nothing too hard, the key was to demonstrate the thought behind the solution and find if multiple solutions exist and not just the end result.
    4 days later, i got a call from the recruiter who informed me that i have been shortlisted for an onsite interview at the Google office.
    I got around 20 days this time around to prepare.
    Had 4 rounds of interviews at the office, mostly on data structures and their usage. The key thing again was to demonstrate your ability to arrive at a solution, rather than directly solve it.
    I do not think the questions were very difficult, but in some sense my nervousness got the better of me and even though i had solved a lot of similar questions during my preparation, i jumped to conclusions on the answer and delivered incomplete answers.
    Overall, my experience with the entire hiring process right from the time of the first call till the end was very good. I am happy that i got the opportunity to review algorithms and solve many problems during the preparations. It is sad that i did not get through, but i look forward to applying again to Google.
    As for the interactions with the employees at Google, they were very helpful during the interviews or otherwise.

Software Engineer Interview

I got email from company about my phone coding interview .It was scheduled after 1-2 week .just one questions was asked about finding an intersection of two integer arrays and storing in third array. find the time complexity of the same

Trainee Interview

......... the process took 3 days ...........

......... they conducted online tests 1st day .............

......... then we had group discussion 2nd day ...............

......... then hr and technical interview ..............

......... during inter views they ask us to write programs ...........

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Google.

First Screening was an HR round. Followed by a Telephonic interview. The recruitment folks were very professional and responsive. They gave me feedback and prep tips throughout the process. The first telephonic interview was with a Product Manager in Mountain View. I got the result the very next day saying the feedback wasn't positive and my candidature will not be processed further.

Interview Questions
    • There were only 3-4 Questions.
      1.What I do in my current job

2.Why Google?

3.What are the first steps I as a Product Manager will look into when designing an app for a theme park?

4.What features would I include?

5.What metrics would I track to measure the success of app?

6.How would I design an ATM machine for use at a country's airports?

7.Any other questions I had

View Answers (2)

Product Quality Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

interviewed at Google in October 2014.

Was through a referral. Recruiter called after 2 weeks. Had first level screening with Recruiter which had basic questions on role understanding, product understanding etc. Next day recruiter called to setup phone interview. Phone interview was with another manager. Questions focussed on challenging assignment and couple of scenario based questions.

Software Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google in October 2014.

The process took around 9 weeks. I applied online in mid October and got an interview call within a week. Due to other offers I asked them to expedite my interview schedule and they did so. I interviewed with them end of October and by the 1st week of November they confirmed I had gotten through to Host matching. Here's unfortunately where things slowed WAYYY down. After sending in my host preferences I had to push other offer deadlines multiple times as Hosts were slow to respond. I finally got matched with a host around the first week of December. One week later I was told that the hosts had decided to go with another candidate. It wasn't until the 3rd week of december when the recruiter told me that one of my previous hosts changed his position and would like to offer me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Can't speak on specifics due to the NDA. But questions revolved around problem solving, algorithms, data structures etc. Some logic/Math like coding problems.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate