Google

Getting the Interview

2,775 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Google

Interview Details Q.Given an input string S write a function which returns true if it satisfies S = nT. Basically you have to find if a given string can be represented from a substring by iterating it “n” times. n >= 2

An example would suffice –

1) S = “abac”

2) S = “abcdabbd”

3) S = “abcabcefg”

4) S = “zzxzzyzzx”

It would be easy to understand if you can give an algo instead of saying use kmp or suffix tree or…

I came up with O(n*n) solution. Wondered how to do in O(n)

Interview Question – Given an input string S write a function which returns true if it satisfies S = nT. Basically you have to find if a given string can be represented from a substring by iterating it “n” times. n >= 2

An example would suffice –

1) S = “abac”

2) S = “abcdabbd”

3) S = “abcabcefg”

4) S = “zzxzzyzzx”

I came up with O(n*n) solution. Wondered how to do in O(n)
  View Answers (5)

Systems Engineer Interview

Bangalore

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Google in February 2014.

Interview Details very tough

Interview Question – Why u want to join google   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – depends on my mood

Industry Analyst Interview

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Google.

Interview Details About 3- 4 rounds of interviews.

Interview Question – Some random probability question   Answer Question

Mumbai

I interviewed at Google in January 2014.

Interview Details Good comprehensive 7 rounds

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google in February 2014.

Interview Details I had applied for two development positions in Google. The recruiter reached out to me asking for location preferences, which were all given. Two rounds went well. During the second round, the interviewer pointed out that I was applying for a SDET position in Google. I finished the round, wrote back to the recruiter stating that they had given me an interview for a position I hadn't really applied for, nor interested in. This probably will be the last time I apply for this company.

Interview Question – A question on printing the maximum contiguous set in an unsorted set of numbers.   View Answer

AdWords Associate Interview

AdWords Associate
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Google in September 2013.

Interview Details Lot of stress on privacy issues and focussed mainly on how to solve them. Discussed in depth about various google products like gmail,adwords,blogger etc.
The interviewer was mainly testing how i could handle problems related to spamming, phishing etc....all the possible solutions i can come up with..
Questions were also asked about my projecct.

Interview Question – What are the possible solutions that you can think of to tackle various phishing and spamming attacks.   View Answer

Student Ambassador Interview

New Delhi

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Google in August 2012.

Interview Details Online Form and Online Interviews as Well .Question regarding your management and technical skills

Interview Question – No Question was difficult but it were a lit bit tricky   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google in January 2014.

Interview Details Planning was done over phone and email. The recruiting team was courteous and efficient.

Interview: 45 min phone interview with another product manager. The interviewer was multitasking and I was on the speakerphone. Not a lot of cross-questioning happened. I thought the interviewer was taking voracious notes, but now I think otherwise. Questions were easy and generic. Nothing related to my past or related to the position was discussed.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question: none.
    Most unexpected question: 3 traits of a good product manager
      View Answer
  • What would you want to put up in a reporting dashboard for a web service like adwords?   View Answer

Adwords Strategist Interview

Hyderābād

Interviewed at Google

Interview Details very lengthy and sometimes they can forget to keep you in loop. Its also probably because it is so sought after. However, the number of interviews give you the feeling that they ensure they are right about who they hire.

Product Quality Analyst Interview

Hyderābād

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Google.

Interview Details There's an initial screening, after which there are a couple of phone interviews. After that there are 3 On site interviews. The questions are mostly based on the google products. So, if you have a good understanding of all the products then you stand a good chance. Also, the interviewers look for creative and out of the box thinking.

Interview Question – Talk about a problem you faced and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Google

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google interview questions and advice. All 2,775 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Google employees and interview candidates.