Google

Average Difficulty
3,044 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Google

Interview Details I am student at IIT Guwahati and take up Google interview. Total 5 rounds held prior final HR round and finally got selected for Google US. The final evaluation was done by google US. The questions are mostly algorithmic

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Software Engineer In Test

Interviewed at Google

Interview Details The hiring process was pretty smooth. I got an email requesting for availability for the position and once I confirmed positively , got a call from the HR for setting up of the phone screen. At that time, I already had another offer so HR wanted to know which company was that offer. So they scheduled my phone screen immediately in the next couple of days.

There were two people for the phone screen and they asked me to start using Google Docs for writing up the code.
Initially they asked for my experience, I tried explaining what I do, didn't get much follow up questions on it.
Later asked 2-3 programmatic questions.

Interview Question – Find out a substring from a huge file with high performance   View Answer

Analytical Lead Interview

Analytical Lead
Hyderābād

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Google in June 2010.

Interview Details When i posted my resume i got a call asking me to come and take one written test and then if you through with written test next process is group discussion and then goes interview with the HR.

DBM Trafficker Interview

DBM Trafficker
Hyderābād

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Google.

Interview Details It was one round of interview where basic introduction, and other basic technical questions related to online advertising were asked.
It was easy though i did not get selected as it was my first interview and i was feeling very nervous.

Interview Question – What is advertiser and publisher?
mention some online advertising products?
  View Answer

Interviewed at Google

Interview Details Q.Given an input string S write a function which returns true if it satisfies S = nT. Basically you have to find if a given string can be represented from a substring by iterating it “n” times. n >= 2

An example would suffice –

1) S = “abac”

2) S = “abcdabbd”

3) S = “abcabcefg”

4) S = “zzxzzyzzx”

It would be easy to understand if you can give an algo instead of saying use kmp or suffix tree or…

I came up with O(n*n) solution. Wondered how to do in O(n)

Interview Question – Given an input string S write a function which returns true if it satisfies S = nT. Basically you have to find if a given string can be represented from a substring by iterating it “n” times. n >= 2

An example would suffice –

1) S = “abac”

2) S = “abcdabbd”

3) S = “abcabcefg”

4) S = “zzxzzyzzx”

I came up with O(n*n) solution. Wondered how to do in O(n)
  View Answers (15)

Industry Analyst Interview

Industry Analyst
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Google.

Interview Details About 3- 4 rounds of interviews.

Interview Question – Some random probability question   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Bangalore

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Google in February 2014.

Interview Details very tough

Interview Question – Why u want to join google   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – depends on my mood

Mumbai

I interviewed at Google in January 2014.

Interview Details Good comprehensive 7 rounds

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google in February 2014.

Interview Details I had applied for two development positions in Google. The recruiter reached out to me asking for location preferences, which were all given. Two rounds went well. During the second round, the interviewer pointed out that I was applying for a SDET position in Google. I finished the round, wrote back to the recruiter stating that they had given me an interview for a position I hadn't really applied for, nor interested in. This probably will be the last time I apply for this company.

Interview Question – A question on printing the maximum contiguous set in an unsorted set of numbers.   View Answer

Adwords Associate Interview

Adwords Associate
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Google in September 2013.

Interview Details Lot of stress on privacy issues and focussed mainly on how to solve them. Discussed in depth about various google products like gmail,adwords,blogger etc.
The interviewer was mainly testing how i could handle problems related to spamming, phishing etc....all the possible solutions i can come up with..
Questions were also asked about my projecct.

Interview Question – What are the possible solutions that you can think of to tackle various phishing and spamming attacks.   View Answer

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!