Google Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
3,167 Interview Reviews

3.5

Software Engineer Interview

I am student at IIT Guwahati and take up Google interview. Total 5 rounds held prior final HR round and finally got selected for Google US. The final evaluation was done by google US. The questions are mostly algorithmic

Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Google.

Have been uploading my resume for last 10 years. Never got any response. This time used referral. Was contacted after a month. Had telephonic interview. The interviewer was from the headquarters. He asked typical questions that are well documented in GlassDoor.

After 3 weeks, I was called for four rounds of F2F interview at the Bangalore office. The interview went well. The campus is amazing and I experienced the famous free lunch.

I got result after three weeks. I did not qualify.

Interview Questions
    • During technical interview, the interviewer wanted me do activities done by his engineering team, which has got nothing to do with what a product manager does. A Product manager can provide pseudo code, wireframes, etc but does not engage in core engineering activities.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Google.

The process was the standard Google process.

CV shortlisting > 3 rounds of interview > result

The toughest part is the period of waiting in the 3 interviews as the results come after all the 3. So I advice people to be calm and don't think about the previous interview as it's an objective decision. ie if 2 out of 3 interviews like you, you get the role.

Interview Questions
    • What different perspective will you bring to the company products ?   View Answers (2)

Software Engineer In Test Interview

The hiring process was pretty smooth. I got an email requesting for availability for the position and once I confirmed positively , got a call from the HR for setting up of the phone screen. At that time, I already had another offer so HR wanted to know which company was that offer. So they scheduled my phone screen immediately in the next couple of days.

There were two people for the phone screen and they asked me to start using Google Docs for writing up the code.
    Initially they asked for my experience, I tried explaining what I do, didn't get much follow up questions on it.
    Later asked 2-3 programmatic questions.

Interview Questions
    • Find out a substring from a huge file with high performance   View Answer

Analytical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Google in June 2010.

When i posted my resume i got a call asking me to come and take one written test and then if you through with written test next process is group discussion and then goes interview with the HR.

DBM Trafficker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Google.

It was one round of interview where basic introduction, and other basic technical questions related to online advertising were asked.
    It was easy though i did not get selected as it was my first interview and i was feeling very nervous.

Interview Questions
    • What is advertiser and publisher?
      mention some online advertising products?
        View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Q.Given an input string S write a function which returns true if it satisfies S = nT. Basically you have to find if a given string can be represented from a substring by iterating it “n” times. n >= 2

An example would suffice –

1) S = “abac”

2) S = “abcdabbd”

3) S = “abcabcefg”

4) S = “zzxzzyzzx”

It would be easy to understand if you can give an algo instead of saying use kmp or suffix tree or…

I came up with O(n*n) solution. Wondered how to do in O(n)

Interview Questions
    • Given an input string S write a function which returns true if it satisfies S = nT. Basically you have to find if a given string can be represented from a substring by iterating it “n” times. n >= 2

An example would suffice –

1) S = “abac”

2) S = “abcdabbd”

3) S = “abcabcefg”

4) S = “zzxzzyzzx”

I came up with O(n*n) solution. Wondered how to do in O(n)
        View Answers (17)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

interviewed at Google in January 2014.

Good comprehensive 7 rounds

Industry Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Google.

About 3- 4 rounds of interviews.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Google in February 2014.

very tough

depends on my mood

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!