Google Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015
4,039 Interview Reviews

3.4

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I am student at IIT Guwahati and take up Google interview. Total 5 rounds held prior final HR round and finally got selected for Google US. The final evaluation was done by google US. The questions are mostly algorithmic

Interview

it was nice but rushed. they were not very interested to begin with i think. the interviewer was friendly after i made an effort to make conversation with him. the process was easy enough - the hr rep was very friendly.

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Google.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. After a resume screening, had three rounds of interviews. The interviewers were very nice and try to make you feel as comfortable as possible. Post the interview round there is a hiring committee round, post which you would know the result of your candidature.

Interview Questions

• Situation based questions and questions based on past experience. Ad words knowledge is a must.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google.

Interview

I had applied online and after three weeks I heard back. I was scheduled for 2 phone interviews on Google+. The interview was challenging but the interviewee were quite helpful and even provided me some good advice and reading materials that I should look into. Overall it was a nice experience but they chose to move forward with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Basically questions were asked on Dynamic programming, bit manipulation , and search trees   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Google (Hyderābād) in January 2015.

Interview

The process went on for about 50 days or so. After the initial call from the recruiter, i got around 15 days to prepare for the first round, aka the screening. This was conducted over a phone call and lasted for a little more than an hour. Basic questions, nothing too hard, the key was to demonstrate the thought behind the solution and find if multiple solutions exist and not just the end result.
    4 days later, i got a call from the recruiter who informed me that i have been shortlisted for an onsite interview at the Google office.
    I got around 20 days this time around to prepare.
    Had 4 rounds of interviews at the office, mostly on data structures and their usage. The key thing again was to demonstrate your ability to arrive at a solution, rather than directly solve it.
    I do not think the questions were very difficult, but in some sense my nervousness got the better of me and even though i had solved a lot of similar questions during my preparation, i jumped to conclusions on the answer and delivered incomplete answers.
    Overall, my experience with the entire hiring process right from the time of the first call till the end was very good. I am happy that i got the opportunity to review algorithms and solve many problems during the preparations. It is sad that i did not get through, but i look forward to applying again to Google.
    As for the interactions with the employees at Google, they were very helpful during the interviews or otherwise.

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Google (Bangalore) in February 2015.

Interview

They have an elaborate useless interview process... If you are going through a consultancy, be assured, no matter how good you are, they will give two hoots to your profile or skills.

They treat you like you are a street side beggar wanting to apply to a top company! Be prepared to lose your self respect and be demotivated at the end of everything.

After 4-5 rounds of interview, they reject candidates on the basis of confidence? Well, then that should have certainly been gauged in your initial rounds of discussion, or wait! were they even paying attention to you during the initial interviews? My interviewer was too busy to look away from his cell phone.. that shows who's low on confidence.. he or me? Also shows the quality of people working out there. That is not it, I know of 2 of my friends working there. One who was fired from my former company and the other who could not clear her MBA exams.. so thats the quality a so called "Googler" holds.. I am thankful at the end of it, I am not associated with such a disgraceful Company!

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Google.

Interview

Came to campus for summer intern recrutment. Shortlisted from resume. made a personal call to people at the convienent time. Process was over a week . and that's it . be as calm as possible try not to breach

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Google (Hyderābād) in January 2015.

Interview

2 rounds back to back , many questions asked in C programming.
    Resume was attached in my application so the interviewer grilled me on all the projects I had mentioned in my resume. Apart from that, it was mainly technical.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I got email from company about my phone coding interview .It was scheduled after 1-2 week .just one questions was asked about finding an intersection of two integer arrays and storing in third array. find the time complexity of the same

Trainee Interview

Interview

......... the process took 3 days ...........

......... they conducted online tests 1st day .............

......... then we had group discussion 2nd day ...............

......... then hr and technical interview ..............

......... during inter views they ask us to write programs ...........