Google Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
3,119 interviews

3.5

Software Engineer Interview

I am student at IIT Guwahati and take up Google interview. Total 5 rounds held prior final HR round and finally got selected for Google US. The final evaluation was done by google US. The questions are mostly algorithmic

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Gurgaon, Haryana
    Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Google.

The process was the standard Google process.

CV shortlisting > 3 rounds of interview > result

The toughest part is the period of waiting in the 3 interviews as the results come after all the 3. So I advice people to be calm and don't think about the previous interview as it's an objective decision. ie if 2 out of 3 interviews like you, you get the role.

Interview Questions
    • What different perspective will you bring to the company products ?   View Answers (2)

Software Engineer In Test Interview

The hiring process was pretty smooth. I got an email requesting for availability for the position and once I confirmed positively , got a call from the HR for setting up of the phone screen. At that time, I already had another offer so HR wanted to know which company was that offer. So they scheduled my phone screen immediately in the next couple of days.

There were two people for the phone screen and they asked me to start using Google Docs for writing up the code.
    Initially they asked for my experience, I tried explaining what I do, didn't get much follow up questions on it.
    Later asked 2-3 programmatic questions.

Interview Questions
    • Find out a substring from a huge file with high performance   View Answer

Analytical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Google in June 2010.

When i posted my resume i got a call asking me to come and take one written test and then if you through with written test next process is group discussion and then goes interview with the HR.

DBM Trafficker Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Google.

It was one round of interview where basic introduction, and other basic technical questions related to online advertising were asked.
    It was easy though i did not get selected as it was my first interview and i was feeling very nervous.

Interview Questions
    • What is advertiser and publisher?
      mention some online advertising products?
        View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Q.Given an input string S write a function which returns true if it satisfies S = nT. Basically you have to find if a given string can be represented from a substring by iterating it “n” times. n >= 2

An example would suffice –

1) S = “abac”

2) S = “abcdabbd”

3) S = “abcabcefg”

4) S = “zzxzzyzzx”

It would be easy to understand if you can give an algo instead of saying use kmp or suffix tree or…

I came up with O(n*n) solution. Wondered how to do in O(n)

Interview Questions
    • Given an input string S write a function which returns true if it satisfies S = nT. Basically you have to find if a given string can be represented from a substring by iterating it “n” times. n >= 2

An example would suffice –

1) S = “abac”

2) S = “abcdabbd”

3) S = “abcabcefg”

4) S = “zzxzzyzzx”

I came up with O(n*n) solution. Wondered how to do in O(n)
        View Answers (17)

Anonymous Employee  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

interviewed at Google in January 2014.

Good comprehensive 7 rounds

Industry Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Google.

About 3- 4 rounds of interviews.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Google in February 2014.

very tough

depends on my mood

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google in February 2014.

I had applied for two development positions in Google. The recruiter reached out to me asking for location preferences, which were all given. Two rounds went well. During the second round, the interviewer pointed out that I was applying for a SDET position in Google. I finished the round, wrote back to the recruiter stating that they had given me an interview for a position I hadn't really applied for, nor interested in. This probably will be the last time I apply for this company.

Interview Questions
    • A question on printing the maximum contiguous set in an unsorted set of numbers.   View Answer

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!