Government of Canada

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Government of Canada.

Interview Details usually written exam, then interview, then reference check, then another interview to see if fit the position. Usually really long process.

Interview Question – qualities   Answer Question

Policy Analyst

I applied online and the process took a year or more - interviewed at Government of Canada.

Interview Details Crazy convoluted hiring process that takes over a year. Managed to get though the test (although I failed many in other competitions first). Interview was 5 questions.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you had two conflicting choices and had to use your judgement to move forward?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one, you accepted whatever was offered

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Government of Canada in May 2009.

Interview Details Panel interview against 15 people. Two of us were hired for 4 months to compete against each other. one of us was hired on a full time basis. There was a phone interview, followed by two months of wiating for a one on one interview. They also performed background checks which prevented me from working there for a month.

Interview Question – What are your opinions on the duty to democracy and parliament under a minority government. I thought it was an odd question, and have no idea if I answered it right.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated to get into an accelerated promotion program, but there was no room to negoiate starting salary.

Policy Analyst

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Government of Canada in April 2009.

Interview Details Test, then group interview

Interview Question – Explain your leadership capabilities   View Answer

Worked for Government of Canada? Contribute to the Community!