Grant Thornton Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated 22 Sep 2014

2.9

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2012.

Applied through university recruitment. Initial round of interview was behavior questions. In second round of interview there were more technical types of questions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a situation when there was ambiguities in you work and how you resolved them.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

I began the hiring process by submitting my resume through the school's online career managment website. Most large and regional accounting firms attend Accouting Career Fairs during the fall, usually August/September. I approached Grant Thornton during the Career Fair and spoke with one of the recruiters. I had already submitted my resume on-line but I gave the recruiter a copy as well. I asked a few questions about the firm and what the culture was like. I also added a little background information about myself and why I was interested in the firm. Time spent talking to the recruiter at the career fair lasted approximately 5 to 10 minutes.

A few weeks later I received an email from my school saying I had been granted an on-campus interview. This interview lasted approx. 30 to 45 minutes. Most of the questions the interviewer asked were behavioral in nature, such as:
    "Tell me about an experience you had working in a difficult team environment and how you handled the situation". We spent a few minutes introducing ourselves and getting to know a little more about our background.

2 weeks after the on-campus interview, I received an email from GT saying I had been granted an office visit. This interview lasted approx. 3-4 hours. I was interviewed by two people, had a tour of the office, and went to lunch with several people from the firm. Again, most of the quesitons were behavioral and the interviewers wanted to know why I wanted to work for GT. After the office visit was over, one of the Partners that I had interviewed with that day pulled me aside and told me the firm was impressed with me and I would be receiving an offer letter in the mail within a few day.

Interview Questions
    • What do you feel is your greatest strenght and how does this skill translate to a professional services environment.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. I received an offer letter in the mail shortly after my office visit. I believe the offer was valid for 10 days and then would expire.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rāwalpindi (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rāwalpindi (Pakistan)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Grant Thornton in June 2012.

They had the most well designed system of hiring and the way they conducted the test.
    Interview was very natural and they focus on the employees abilities as well as attributes. The environment within the organization was very ethical.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in February 2012.

Met recruiter at my university, submitted application online and scheduled the interview within a few days.

Interview Questions
    • none, the interview was very conversational, just have something interesting to say about yourself.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2012.

On campus interview with manager, which was pretty basic behavioral type of questions. Invited to office for super day and interviewed with 3 different levels (manager, senior, and partner)

None

Audit Associate Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in November 2011.

The compnay is laid back.

Audit Associate Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2011.

The first interview was campus recruiting. The second interviews were 3 back-to-back interviews with managers. There was a pre-interview dinner at a hotel a day before the second round.

Interview Questions
    • What three words your friends would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2011.

Met with three people from the organization; seemed like a nice place to work! Most of the questions were about personality

No offer.

Audit Associate Interview

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2011.

Campus Interview with a senior manager. Very nice but serious about hiring the right person.

Audit Associate Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2011.

Typical first round interview. Talked about my resume, and asked two behavioral questions. Did not get a 2nd round, but email encouraged me to apply again. Interviewer was very nice and he seemed interested. However, I could not go to the pre-interview reception because I had class, which could have affected the decision.