Grant Thornton Interview Questions

2.7

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in May 2010.

Depends on the person taking interview and his mood

No negotiation was done by management

Co-op Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

I first had a mock interview with the recruiter organized through my university. Later, I was contacted by a staff accountant to do a telephone interview, a couple weeks later I was arranged to do another interview with both a senior manager and partner.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very basic, but the second interview was more tailored to resume and coverletter   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Applied through campus online. Then I had a campus interview then it was followed up by an office visit with a group dinner the night before. There were multiple interviews with Senior Associates then an interview with a partner. I received the offer within 24 hours of the last interview. The company is great and I loved it.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were fairly basic, just be knowledgeable about current accounting issues.   Answer Question

Financial situation changed where I had to graduate prematurely and pursue a full time job while short of hours for the CPA exam.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Grant Thornton in August 2014.

Campus Recruiting then office interviews in Charlotte. Behavioral on campus then behavioral and case at the office site. Overall positive experience, the interviewer was professional and represented the firm well.

Standard

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Very easy met with 3 people for about 25-30 minutes each and was called back the following week and received an offer. Everyone was very friendly and people around the office were great.

Interview Questions
    • Straight forward. Basically walk me through your resume.   Answer Question
    straight forward.

Audit Intern Interview

I met the recruitment team at my school's career fair. There was a two step interview process (one on campus and one at the local office). Both interviews were relatively simple. The thing I like most about Grant Thornton is that the interviews are very much like a conversation with a friend. Everyone is so nice and easy to talk to to.

Interview Questions
    • One question that really made an impression on me was "how do you think we could increase profits for the firm?" I thought this was a great question because it made me realize that Grant Thornton truly does value the opinions of all employees and potential employees.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate - Healthcare Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

I applied through a university career fair and was scheduled for an in-person interview at my university shortly thereafter. The interview involved fairly straightforward questions about my experiences. The interviewer had my resume in front of her and was taking notes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in April 2014.

The process for scheduling the interview was a bit hectic. I received an email stating the interview was scheduled for the next day, so I didn't have much notice. The interview process was straight forward. There were five 30-minute interviews with different managers. The process lasted about 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • If you were king/queen for the day, what job would you be doing other than this?   Answer Question

SLP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

I went to the career fair at my school and met with the recruiter from Grant Thornton. That week, I got a call for an on campus interview for their summer leadership program. A month later I got a call from the recruiter asking me to come into their office for an interview for an internship instead of the summer leadership program. I have no yet gone to the interview but I have high hopes... therefore on my "did you get an offer?" I will put no because I haven't finished with this whole process

Accountant Interview

HORRIBLE! I got an e-mail requesting a time for a phone interview. I replied an hour after i got the e-mail. NEVER heard back from him then found out the position was filled. At least have the courtesy to email me.

Worked for Grant Thornton? Contribute to the Community!