Grant Thornton

2.7

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton in May 2010.

Depends on the person taking interview and his mood

No negotiation was done by management

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Applied to Grow with Grant Thornton Leadership program, interviewed, went to Grow with GT, interviewed with two senior associates. About 2 weeks after the program ended I received a call with an offer, then a few days after that received the details of the offer in an email.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see the globalization of the world impacting GT?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

First step is resume and application submission for first round on campus interviews. This process took less than a week. I interviewed with a manager and he asked me to walk me through my resume, then asked me 3 behavioral questions. After the on campus interview, I waited a week to be invited to second round office interviews. Definitely not a "small," "family oriented" or "entrepreneurial" culture. Grant Thornton was as close to Big Four as you can get without being at a Big Four. Don't get me wrong everyone was fine, but expect to be treated like one of many candidates. Also, everyone I interviewed with was more serious than friendly. Second round interviews are 3 interviews. Expect basic interview questions and behavioral questions. My second and third interviewers were easier, but the first interviewer from the moment I walked into his office did not seem approachable and friendly. Final decisions took more than 2 weeks, which was inconvenient for me so I decided to accept another offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do your experiences align with GT's values? How will you deal with creative accounting methods? How will you deal with the convergence of IFRS and GAAP standards? Tell me about something that you've been interested in lately?   Answer Question

IT Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

There was a pre-interview social the night before on campus. There were two back to back interviews on campus which I did not know going into it. Both interviewers were very nice and open to answering any and all questions. I received a verbal offer a little over a week later. Went to an office visit with other students who received offers.

Interview Questions

Received an offer for a position that interested me more. If I did not receive the other offer I would have happily accepted GT's offer.

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Initial phone interview consisted of casual conversation with a manager, followed by a few behavioral questions. Invited back for an office visit. More of the same, only in person. Met a partner, went to lunch with a few associates--nothing too difficult. Received my offer the following week.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Met GT at a job fair, everyone at the booth was extremely friendly and approachable. I handed my resume to them, and within the week I received an email inviting me to 1st round of interviews. I gladly accepted and met with a manager for an interview. Waited for about another week and received an invite to 2nd round of interview. This one lasted 4 hours, but it was a great experience! They really eased you into anything and I was never uncomfortable!

Interview Questions
    • They really just want to get to know you, so just be yourself. There weren't any questions I did not expect, they were just looking to have a conversation with you!   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

I have gotten in touch with a recruiter and she set me up with a Super Day after a quick phone screen. The phone screen was mostly behavioral questions, so it wasn't difficult. At the Super Day, everyone met in their conference room where breakfast was served and everyone introduced themselves. A partner also came in and talked about future plans for the firm. The interview process was a breeze. It was 3 30 minute interviews with 1 break thrown in there. Again, it was mostly behavioral questions. After, the candidates were treated out for lunch with fellow associates and experienced associates. It was good to know them more on a personal level, without the professional mindset.

BAS Process Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

The interview process was very enjoyable. It began with a pre-interview dinner the night before the main interview. According to my recruiter, the dinner's purpose was to get the applicants more comfortable before the interviews, let the employees interact with applicants, and to let the applicants ask any questions before the next day. The following day interview took from 8:30am - 2:30pm. This consisted of two 30 minute interviews, followed by an hour of information sessions, lunch, and then a small panel of current employees to answer applicant questions about working at GT. The entire process was very supportive and encouraging.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. "What was a difficult situation you faced and how did you overcome it?"   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Questions were very professional. Phone interview then in person. Very to the point. Responses were within a few days. Called to tell me that I didn't get the job.

Senior Associate Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Quick, responsive, and thorough. Very professional. The turn around was quick in all phases, and I was kept informed. The leaders were very forthcoming in the interviews, and the whole process was was professional.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I handled a difficult situation with a client and got it back on track to a success.   Answer Question