Grant Thornton Interview Questions

2.7

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton in May 2010.

Depends on the person taking interview and his mood

No negotiation was done by management

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

I had a first interview consisting of two 30 minute interviews with Tax Partners. I received an offer from a partner a few hours later. They invited me to do an office visit before I had to decide to accept or reject their offer. I went to the Chicago office and I was nice, but they are in the process of moving to a new office at a different location so my experience there is not as relevant. Overall it was a pretty fast and positive experience.

Chose a Big 4 Firm instead

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interviewed with two partners. Went over resume. Standard questions like why tax, tell me something about yourself, how do you differentiate between different accounting firms, preference in compliance or consulting. Gracious people. Applied independently...Took a month after turned in initial app until callback. Went out to lunch with Manager and Associate.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

I started the interview process after meeting a representative from the company at the career fair. I applied to the job posting for the full-time tax associate position on my school's career website. The first round interview was on campus and I interviewed with two managers in tax at Grant Thornton for 30 minutes each. The company had a dinner the night before the interview where I met one of the people I interviewed with the next day.

Within 2 days of the initial interview, I received a notification that I was invited for a second-round office interview. The office interview was 8am-2pm, which included breakfast, two interviews with partners, and lunch with two senior associates. The company held a dinner the night before for all the interviewees, where again, I met one of the people I interviewed with the next day. Overall, the interviews were extremely laid-back and casual. During the first-round interview the managers asked a few behavioral questions, but it was mostly conversational. At the second-round office interview, it was all conversational.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. Asked "Where do you see yourself in 10 years"   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through the school's career center and had an on campus interview with a partner. The interview started off rough because the partner lost track of time so she was behind schedule. I didn't even get to introduce myself as the interview went straight to behavior questions. I was asked three questions and it was mainly behavioral questions such as "tell me a time when...". The interview was suppose to be 30 minutes but got cut to 15-20 minutes.

Senior Associate - Transaction Advisory Services Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

The process included speaking with national recruiting manager, phone interview with a manager, in person interview with manager, 2 directors, and partner. Overall, questions were standard, including a mix of behavior and technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult in terms of behavioral questions. Technical question: what type of issues would you encounter with aging receivables and how does that impact the financial statements   Answer Question
    Take what they offer.

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

The interview process was thorough but the team was able to move the process forward in a expedited manner. There were no gaps or ever a sense of not knowing where I stood as a candidate. I received excellent feedback and was always aware of next steps and timing. Everyone from the Recruiters to the management team were extremely professional and I left my interviews excited to be apart of such an amazing team. I had an initial phone interview and then was invited to come onsite for a panel interview. The timing from the phone interview to the onsite interview was about a week. Again, I was notified immediately following my phone interview though.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there was a specific question that I was completely thrown off by. Many of the questions centered around my previous experience and relating this to how I could be of value to the organization. One of the conversations that was most refreshing for me to hear was that during the interview process the team is already discussing potential advancement throughout the organization and what the big picture looks like given you come in and prove yourself.   Answer Question
    The offer was very fair.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

This was for an audit intern position. I applied through my school's career website and had a first round interview at the office. I was interviewed by a partner. There were a few behavioral questions (about two or three) and plenty of time left for me to ask questions. The interviewer was friendly and the interview was almost like a causal, ice-breaker conversation - nothing very intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • A time when things didn't go according to plan. How did you adjust?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I interviewed with GT on campus. They had a pre-interview social the night before. The interview was very casual and conversational. The interviewer asked me a few basic behavioral questions that he mentioned he has been given by HR, I don't think he was very interested in the answers he was just supposed to ask them. Overall very low key, not stressful at all.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you worked in a difficult team situation, when have you had to act as a leader   Answer Question

BAS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

There are three 30 minute interviews, I had one with the Partner for the Denver office, Senior Manager, and Manager. It then ended with a tour of the office. The office was very friendly and welcoming. I was reimbursed for the gas to get to the interview and the parking I payed for. Great view of Downtown and the Mountains!

Interview Questions
    • Be sure to know a lot about the company. They didn't ask hard or unexpected questions however they did want to know why you wanted to work for them.   Answer Question