Grant Thornton Interview Questions

Updated 11 Apr 2015
Updated 11 Apr 2015

2.7

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Met GT at a job fair, everyone at the booth was extremely friendly and approachable. I handed my resume to them, and within the week I received an email inviting me to 1st round of interviews. I gladly accepted and met with a manager for an interview. Waited for about another week and received an invite to 2nd round of interview. This one lasted 4 hours, but it was a great experience! They really eased you into anything and I was never uncomfortable!

Interview Questions

• They really just want to get to know you, so just be yourself. There weren't any questions I did not expect, they were just looking to have a conversation with you!   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I have gotten in touch with a recruiter and she set me up with a Super Day after a quick phone screen. The phone screen was mostly behavioral questions, so it wasn't difficult. At the Super Day, everyone met in their conference room where breakfast was served and everyone introduced themselves. A partner also came in and talked about future plans for the firm. The interview process was a breeze. It was 3 30 minute interviews with 1 break thrown in there. Again, it was mostly behavioral questions. After, the candidates were treated out for lunch with fellow associates and experienced associates. It was good to know them more on a personal level, without the professional mindset.

BAS Process Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

The interview process was very enjoyable. It began with a pre-interview dinner the night before the main interview. According to my recruiter, the dinner's purpose was to get the applicants more comfortable before the interviews, let the employees interact with applicants, and to let the applicants ask any questions before the next day. The following day interview took from 8:30am - 2:30pm. This consisted of two 30 minute interviews, followed by an hour of information sessions, lunch, and then a small panel of current employees to answer applicant questions about working at GT. The entire process was very supportive and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. "What was a difficult situation you faced and how did you overcome it?"   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Questions were very professional. Phone interview then in person. Very to the point. Responses were within a few days. Called to tell me that I didn't get the job.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Quick, responsive, and thorough. Very professional. The turn around was quick in all phases, and I was kept informed. The leaders were very forthcoming in the interviews, and the whole process was was professional.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I handled a difficult situation with a client and got it back on track to a success.   Answer Question

Senior Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in November 2014.

Interview

Passed my CV in the front desk and was informed that a Senior Audit Associate with 2-3 years experience is open for job application. I was scheduled on an interview with the Audit Manager 2 days after. Interview went well. Many technical question where as specifically competencies on IFRS and IAS. At the end of the interview, the audit manager told me that they were looking for Senior Associate with at least 4-5 years of experience.

Senior Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied twice. First, through an employee referral but got rejected due to my visa status. Three months later, I tried again by depositing my CV on their website. Few hours later, I got a phone call -- this mainly consists of screening questions.

I was then scheduled the next day for an interiview with an Assistant Manger. Questions mainly involved IAS and IFRS technicalites. Later in the afternoon, I got scheduled for another interview with a Manager on the next day. This interview again is about the accounting standards, though I was also asked about risk assessments and audit procedure.

The next day, I was scheduled for the final interview with an Audit Partner. Only a few behavioral questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Technical : what are the required disclosures for investment property both under the fair value and cost model   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Was called a week after applying. Had a phone interview lasted about 15mins. Was told the next step would be a formal interview then they would make a decision .

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have to relate directly to this position   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiable based on experience

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Atlanta, GA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

30 minute one-on-one interview at my school, then was asked back to Grant Thornton for a second interview process. I met with three other senior associates for three separate 30-minute interviews. We sat in a conference room with other applicants and a few senior associates if we had a gap in between interviews. I got there at 9am, then had to wait 2 hours before my next 2 interviews, which were back to back. The associates sitting with us in the conference room asked us some interviews "off the record" but it was clear that answers were important.

Interview Questions

• Choose a past/current work experience that you think has prepared you for this job.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

I had a first interview consisting of two 30 minute interviews with Tax Partners. I received an offer from a partner a few hours later. They invited me to do an office visit before I had to decide to accept or reject their offer. I went to the Chicago office and I was nice, but they are in the process of moving to a new office at a different location so my experience there is not as relevant. Overall it was a pretty fast and positive experience.

Chose a Big 4 Firm instead