Grant Thornton, LLP

Very Easy Interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Mumbai

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in May 2010.

Interview Details Depends on the person taking interview and his mood

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was done by management

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in April 2014.

Interview Details The process for scheduling the interview was a bit hectic. I received an email stating the interview was scheduled for the next day, so I didn't have much notice. The interview process was straight forward. There were five 30-minute interviews with different managers. The process lasted about 3 hours.

Interview Question – If you were king/queen for the day, what job would you be doing other than this?   Answer Question

Advisory Associate - Healthcare Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP.

Interview Details I applied through a university career fair and was scheduled for an in-person interview at my university shortly thereafter. The interview involved fairly straightforward questions about my experiences. The interviewer had my resume in front of her and was taking notes.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Facilities Manager Interview

McLean, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in October 2010.

Interview Details Met with several partners for about 15-20 minutes each, as well as the lead Administrator.

Interview Question – There really weren't any - they were more interested in my work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy - they pay well.

Intern - Valuation Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in February 2013.

Interview Details 2 rounds of interview. Both are on-site.
The first interview was with the manager and basically went over the resume.

Notified a week later for the 2nd round. Met 4 ppl on-site, each with 30 mins.
First had a coffee chat with an associate.
Then met the senior manager and went over the resume again, asked me the details of the DCF model I used before.
Later met another manager and talked about the cultures of the firm and asked me about my soft skills.
Final one was a partner and talked about some extracurricular activities listed in the resume.

One week later I get the offer.

Interview Question – What is the worst class you have taken in college   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Audit Associate Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details First round interview on campus, followed by office visit in New York

Interview Question – Nothing Unexpected. Mostly about resume and fit questions. Nothing Technical.   Answer Question

SLP Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP.

Interview Details I went to the career fair at my school and met with the recruiter from Grant Thornton. That week, I got a call for an on campus interview for their summer leadership program. A month later I got a call from the recruiter asking me to come into their office for an interview for an internship instead of the summer leadership program. I have no yet gone to the interview but I have high hopes... therefore on my "did you get an offer?" I will put no because I haven't finished with this whole process

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Accountant

Interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP

Interview Details HORRIBLE! I got an e-mail requesting a time for a phone interview. I replied an hour after i got the e-mail. NEVER heard back from him then found out the position was filled. At least have the courtesy to email me.

Valuation Services Associate Interview

Valuation Services Associate
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP.

Interview Details GT typically recruits on campus, sending currently employed alumni to deliver the presentations, collect resumes, and conduct on-campus interviews. Typically these occur two weeks or so before on-site interviews, which consist of approximately 4 half-hour interviews with managers, a service-line overview presentation, and lunch, wrapping up around 2:00-2:30pm.

Interview Question – It depends which job role you're applying for. If you interested in the financial instruments aspect of the job, questions get pretty technical. Otherwise, interviews are purely behavioral and "why are you interested in the work" targeted.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got an offer the day of my interview and was given approximately three weeks to decide, although HR said I could take more time if I needed it. They are flexible with school requirements/career services offices.

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP.

Interview Details Telephone interview,
first interview with manager
then case study
then partner interview

Interview Question – explaining case study was hard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Interviews for Top Jobs at Grant Thornton, LLP

Worked for Grant Thornton, LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Grant Thornton, LLP interview questions and advice. All 160 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Grant Thornton, LLP employees and interview candidates.