Guardian Industries

Relevance Date Difficulty

Production Supervisor Interview

Production Supervisor
Ligonier, IN (US)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Guardian Industries.

Interview Details Long and somewhat unorganized. I interviewed with three managers on site and most of the questions were tied to lean manufacturing. The plant manager was the first on-site interview and I actually enjoyed talking with him. He took me for a short tour and covered some of their organizational goals. After my interview with the PM I interview with two other managers, one was quality and the other I am not sure. They were both very vague and I lost interest during this time.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, but very vague questions. I would have expected more relevant questions pertaining to my skills and qualifications. Over the past three years I have received at least thirty calls, from different recruiters, about this same position. It appears Guardian is seeking a particular leadership trait that is difficult to find or the turn-over rate is astronomical. Thats just my opinion.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received an offer for another interview. I didn't feel I would be a good fit for their culture and declined any additional interviews.

Cost Accountant Interview

Cost Accountant
Corsicana, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Guardian Industries in December 2012.

Interview Details Phone interview then they bring you in for a face to face interview with all the senior level employees. I was there for about 8 hours with a lunch provided by the company interviewing with different people and touring the plant. Every interviewer didn't have many questions they were more interested in what questions I had.

Interview Question – The most difficult part of the interview was trying to find different questions to ask each of the interviewers during the long interviews that centered on the questions I had for the interviewer.   Answer Question

Controls Technician Interview

Controls Technician
Carleton, MI (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Guardian Industries in March 2014.

Interview Details Was mostly a pleasant process. Gave me a good tour of the plant, explained duties pretty well. Left me with other techs at one point who seemed to question my experience and whether or not I was willing to get dirty since my resume stressed office type work, I guess. Seemed like nice enough bunch though.

Interview Question – Was given a test of PLC ladder logic, this is to be expected and made me realize I needed to bone up on this since it had been a while. Also questioned several times about whether the unusual shift work would be an issue.   View Answer

Sales/Marketing Interview

Sales/Marketing
Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Guardian Industries in December 2012.

Interview Details The hiring process started with 2 interviews both with HR and a staff of the team. Both interviewees asked about general experience in the previous job. Afterwards came the on site interview which took about an hour. Be prepared to ask a few behavioural questions but also express your interest in the job.

Interview Question – Please tell us the time when you disagreed with a superior?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Scientist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Guardian Industries in December 2010.

Interview Details When applying for coating engineer/scientist process was split into two parts: 1) interview at the local site you would support; 2) technical interview with science and technology center staff (located in Michigan - may be an extended phone interview).

Interview Question – Questions regarding work/life balance.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Straightforward. Salary was within expected range and benefits are quite good.

Shift Manager Interview

Shift Manager
Carleton, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Guardian Industries in May 2010.

Interview Details Initial communications were a telephone pre-screen reviewing my application and resume' submitted. Interview process was day long event, meeting w/several managers and personnel involved in the hiring process at different points in the day. Also it included a tour of plant with walk/talk involved. Notes were taken by about half of the people conducting the interview, so that the notes could be compared at a later time.

Interview Question – There weren't any extremely difficult or unexpected questions, Guardian is looking less for technical knowledge and more for a cultural fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate on both wages and vacation time. (of course, that was prior to Koch Industries buying into Guardian).

General Laborer Interview

General Laborer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Guardian Industries in April 2012.

Interview Details As long as you know someone who works there, pretty standard interview questions. What is your greatest weakness? What are your greatest strengths? Come prepared with questions for them!

Interview Question – The most difficult question would be what is your greatest weakness. Nothing too hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied online and interviewed at Guardian Industries.

Interview Details The longest process ever...! I interviewed with at least 8 to 9 individuals. First was a call from the HR recruiter; then a call from the VP of HR; then a group interview; had lunch with the current HR (an Engineer) then fly to Michigan to meet other HR folks; met the In-coming VP of HR; she said we had similar ideas, principals and philosophies in HR. Then...sorry you are not good enough?

Interview Question – Duh! "TELL ME A LITTLE bit ABOUT YOURSELF!" Too many times. No hard questions; just basic behavioral stuff: Situation / Task / Action / Results.   View Answers (2)

Very Easy Interview

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Floreffe, PA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Guardian Industries in March 2012.

Interview Details The interview process consisted of an initial screening on the University Campus and a final interview in the actual manufacturing plant. The initial interview was with the manager and was more of a casual conversation to see if the person was a fit for the culture. The on site interview consisted of 4 interviews (Plant Manager, HR manager, Hot End Manager and Upper Line Manager). It was a day long process and they paid for all accommodations. Once I got the job offer, it was a complete hassle from there on. Little to no help was provided when transferring to the new city for the job and HR clearly showed its lack of experience and professionalism. Overall, I do not recommend this company to anyone.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult about this interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a $1,500 raise from the original offer. My advice is to really get what you want going in because bonuses and raises are not good.

Sales/Marketing Interview

Sales/Marketing
Carlton, MI (US)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Guardian Industries in October 2009.

Interview Details It was a very long/detailed process. TWO phone interviews, with TWO differnt departments, and TWO face to face interviews

Interview Question – WHY Guardian   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not difficult

Interviews for Top Jobs at Guardian Industries

Worked for Guardian Industries? Contribute to the Community!