Guardian Industries Interview Questions

Updated 21 Sep 2014
Updated 21 Sep 2014

2.8

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Guardian Industries.

It was really simple, they asked me about the simple control system questions. Face to face was mostly salary negotiation. Had a lunch with future colleagues, they were very nice and welcoming. They asked me about my experience on control system design, about they understood my depth about control system they kinda stop talking about technical questions. ;-P

Interview Questions
    • The negotiation was difficult, manager straight offered me an exact number and said he wont be able to offer any more. As I badly needed a job then so I had to accept that.   View Answer
    They are a HUGE company they got tons of money, but doesnt want to pay much. Bonus is simply a joke. So negotiate as much as possible from the beginning coz you can forget about the raise for atleast next 3 to 4 years.

Production Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Guardian Industries.

First communication was to set up a pre-screening phone interview. Recruiter was polite and explained the position very well. I was asked to give a run-down about my experiences and we went into behavioral response questions. Unfortunately, I have not finished my degree but I have life experience through the military comparable to the position applied for. However, it seemed that experience was dismissed after further discussion as it was not a manufacturing environment.

Interview Questions
    • Can you take instructions from others without being upset?   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ligonier, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ligonier, IN (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Guardian Industries.

Long and somewhat unorganized. I interviewed with three managers on site and most of the questions were tied to lean manufacturing. The plant manager was the first on-site interview and I actually enjoyed talking with him. He took me for a short tour and covered some of their organizational goals. After my interview with the PM I interview with two other managers, one was quality and the other I am not sure. They were both very vague and I lost interest during this time.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, but very vague questions. I would have expected more relevant questions pertaining to my skills and qualifications. Over the past three years I have received at least thirty calls, from different recruiters, about this same position. It appears Guardian is seeking a particular leadership trait that is difficult to find or the turn-over rate is astronomical. Thats just my opinion.   Answer Question

I received an offer for another interview. I didn't feel I would be a good fit for their culture and declined any additional interviews.

Controls Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carleton, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carleton, MI (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Guardian Industries in March 2014.

Was mostly a pleasant process. Gave me a good tour of the plant, explained duties pretty well. Left me with other techs at one point who seemed to question my experience and whether or not I was willing to get dirty since my resume stressed office type work, I guess. Seemed like nice enough bunch though.

Interview Questions
    • Was given a test of PLC ladder logic, this is to be expected and made me realize I needed to bone up on this since it had been a while. Also questioned several times about whether the unusual shift work would be an issue.   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Guardian Industries.

The longest process ever...! I interviewed with at least 8 to 9 individuals. First was a call from the HR recruiter; then a call from the VP of HR; then a group interview; had lunch with the current HR (an Engineer) then fly to Michigan to meet other HR folks; met the In-coming VP of HR; she said we had similar ideas, principals and philosophies in HR. Then...sorry you are not good enough?

Interview Questions
    • Duh! "TELL ME A LITTLE bit ABOUT YOURSELF!" Too many times. No hard questions; just basic behavioral stuff: Situation / Task / Action / Results.   View Answers (2)

No Answer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guardian Industries.

Group interview format. Group seemed nice. Really pushed the company values. Side stepped some of my questions to the group

Interview Questions
    • provide an example of some of the projects you worked on and how they turned out   Answer Question
    Limited. They would not negotiate on salary or perks

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Guardian Industries.

Interview with at least 6 or 7 people from various disciplines and responsibilities

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work nights and weekends. My answer was yes and little did I know what I was in for!!   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. It was a take it or leave it offer except the start date. I was allowed to start 1 week later than they requested.

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Guardian Industries in July 2013.

It was a very happy conversation with one of the employee at Guardian, they are emphasize on the personality and will of learn than the experience. I think it be very fun to work at Guardian.

Sales/Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Luxembourg (Luxembourg)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Guardian Industries in December 2012.

The hiring process started with 2 interviews both with HR and a staff of the team. Both interviewees asked about general experience in the previous job. Afterwards came the on site interview which took about an hour. Be prepared to ask a few behavioural questions but also express your interest in the job.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us the time when you disagreed with a superior?   Answer Question

Cost Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Corsicana, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corsicana, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Guardian Industries in December 2012.

Phone interview then they bring you in for a face to face interview with all the senior level employees. I was there for about 8 hours with a lunch provided by the company interviewing with different people and touring the plant. Every interviewer didn't have many questions they were more interested in what questions I had.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the interview was trying to find different questions to ask each of the interviewers during the long interviews that centered on the questions I had for the interviewer.   Answer Question

Worked for Guardian Industries? Contribute to the Community!