Guardsmark

Average Difficulty
35 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

York, PA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Guardsmark in April 2012.

Interview Details Was asked when I could start so, I started.

Interview Question – Wasn't really asked any questions except on the application which was a 3 day event.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Accounting

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview Details Initial interview with HR was an easy and friendly experience, but the company's recruitment process is ridiculous. I understand the need for having heavy screening for security officers, but do I really need to be hooked up to a polygraph for an office position? You will have to fill out a 40 page application, and you will be asked about if you have ever taken drugs, ever taken prescription meds that were not yours, have you ever seen a psychiatrist. The whole process is extremely invasive and unnecessary.

On top of all this, women are not allowed to wear pants in the corporate office. I don't even see how that is legal. This is 2013, not the Mad Men era.

Interview Question – Have you ever seen a psychiatrist?   Answer Question

Cleveland, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guardsmark in April 2013.

Interview Details The actual interview process was relatively simple. I only had one interview with the branch manager and was offered a position on the spot. The job application process, however, was incredibly thorough. The amount of paperwork was tremendous. The long-form application was longer and more in-depth than the paperwork I had to complete to obtain a security clearance for the military. References, police records checks, etc... everything was very drawn out and took almost two weeks to complete.

Interview Question – The interview was relatively informal. With my previous experience, I simply had to explain why I was going from an elevated position to a part-time officer position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was offered an hourly wage and accepted.

Zanesville, OH (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Guardsmark in June 2012.

Interview Details just had to fill out the paperwork. As long as you had no criminal background due to the nature of the job, and they needed guards you was hired.

Interview Question – I had no type of interview whatsoever   Answer Question

Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guardsmark in November 2009.

Interview Details I went in to the Guardsmark main building downtown in person with an application. They contacted me within a week to interview and fill out paperwork for employment. I had to obtain a Private Security License, pass a background check (although I don't think very thorough, I worked with some folks that looked like they straight off the street and took drugs).

Once I got done with that, they sent me to a client facility to work and told me nothing about the job I would be doing. Once I got there the job was an outside post and you would literally guard parked cars all day.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When can you start?

Chantilly, VA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Guardsmark in August 2012.

Interview Details Interview with HR Manager
Polygraph exam
Psychological exam
Criminal Record Check
Testing/Exams
Fingerprinting

Interview Question – Tell me about your past experiences?   Answer Question

Moses Lake, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview Details Craigslist
Meet> Application
half day company training and testing
Start next day

Negotiation Details – take it or leave it

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Human Resources Specialist
New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview Details I was already an employee with Guardsmark, this was supposedly a promotion. I interviewed with a manager and received an offer the same day. I started in the new posiiton within one week. I didnt get my correct payor title for another 3 months though.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations. Pay was 45k.

Security Guard

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview Details The interview was a breeze, but the hiring process took 28+ hours

Interview Question – What are your goals.   Answer Question

Milwaukee, WI (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview Details Very long process so just be patient

Interview Question – Do you play with dolls? lol it is a psychological question!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be flexible to the scheduling!