Guardsmark

Updated 9 Dec 2014
Updated 9 Dec 2014

2.6

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Guardsmark.

Very long process so just be patient

Interview Questions
    • Do you play with dolls? lol it is a psychological question!   Answer Question
    Be flexible to the scheduling!

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark in August 2012.

Interview with HR Manager
    Polygraph exam
    Psychological exam
    Criminal Record Check
    Testing/Exams
    Fingerprinting

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zanesville, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zanesville, OH (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark in June 2012.

just had to fill out the paperwork. As long as you had no criminal background due to the nature of the job, and they needed guards you was hired.

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark in May 2012.

Interview was minimal, a few questions about my background.

Interview Questions
    not definative at all they just told me to come in the following monday to get cpr, aed, and first aid certified. Even at this point i did not know if i had the job.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Guardsmark in April 2012.

Was asked when I could start so, I started.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't really asked any questions except on the application which was a 3 day event.   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark in January 2012.

Reception of the HR personnel was warm, details offered of the company's focus to see if it aligns with the interviewees then was called in for panel interview.

Merchandiser Interview

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Guardsmark in January 2012.

video, asked questions, preview of job at a specific location.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guardsmark in August 2011.

The most paperwork I've ever done to get a job due to the extensive background checks. There's even a quirky personality/psychoanalysis test that's about 150 questions or something. The interviews with Guardsmark are pretty short and straightforward. Since they've already done a background check and all that, if they call you in for an interview you're probably golden as long as you don't do or say something offensive or illegal during the interview. Client interviews are separate; although they're rare, they can happen, and those interviews are usually for the high-class, posh jobs. Clients are usually very understanding and as willing to work with the needs of Guardsmark and its employees as Guardsmark is with clients but some clients (particularly the ones that have their own interview process) can also be eccentric, paranoid, fickle, or just picky.

Interview Questions
    • There was once a client who asked me what plans I had for the future. Not a weird question per se, but the answer the client sought was different than what I had imagined. I like to answer this type of question with something that shows I have a drive to improve myself and a marked interest in looking at the bigger picture. Real ambition.   View Answers (2)
    Pay varies by which site you are posted at, but you can opt to be a "floater" which has a set pay rate. Floaters are trained at several different sites and in a town with many clients, there's good money in it, as you fill time slots when guards are absent due to emergencies and such.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biloxi, MS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biloxi, MS (US)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Guardsmark in September 2010.

Lengthy interview process. I was called back multiple times and had to interview with everybody and their brother before I was hired. I had almost given up on getting the job. I had to take an IQ test and a polygraph test.

I was romanced and then was never given what I was promised.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA (US)

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Guardsmark in July 2010.

I completed a phone interview and was called back in for a one on one interview. I was told the process would take about 3 weeks for them to do callbacks for a 3rd interview and that they would be in touch. I never received another call from them after that. I wouldn't have accepted the job anyway because they don't offer vacation time until you have been there for 2 years.