Guess? Interview Questions

Updated 11 Sep 2014
Updated 11 Sep 2014

2.4

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess?.

I was referred for an assistant position and the recruiter called me within 24 hours. We set up a Skype interview and the next day, she emailed me to set up an in person interview. When I arrived at their corporate office, the interviewers were half an hour late. When interviewing me, the hiring manager did not seem interested and her colleague proceeded to read out my resume, line by line, only to have me confirm that every word was true. I feel that the hiring managers would have greatly benefited from an interviewing workshop or something of the sort.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Guess? in August 2014.

Have my application to them on a Saturday, called me the following day for an interview that coming Tuesday. Interview lasted literally 2 minutes since the manager was in a hurry to find more employees. Asked me about my work experience and told me about expectations and what she needed. Asked me if I could do it and I said yes and she basically hired me on the spot. Background check took a day. Called me on Thursday to fill out paperwork and get started on training.

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Guess?.

The hiring process was the basic layout I submitted my application a week and was called a week later they asked the usual Why do you want to work at Guess? What my availability was? What can I bring to Guess? Than the interview was done and they would call me if I got the ob. No call I was not offered a positon in August than 2 and a half months later they call me again and like would you like to be a seasonal employee. I agreed and left my old job. They thought I was crazy but I was determined to be a part time associate. I was hired as well with 20 other people and the holiday season ended and I was kept my SPH was the highest they have ever seen.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult is having another person next to you in a group interview and having to stare the spotlight.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess? in July 2014.

I met one of the managers at a job fair and she just did a brief interview with me asking me just a few questions (If I've had retail experience or not, where I previously worked, why I left) typical stuff just to get a feel for it. she didn't get back to me for a few weeks, but when she did I was offered a job as a sales associate. everything there is fast paced. I didn't need a second interview but I'm not sure how that goes if you just walk in and apply

Interview Questions
    • Did I know what my "color" was? there's a color test apparently and I took it upon being hired and it basically just lets others know how to work with you and what works with your personality   Answer Question

Co-Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Guess?.

Interviewed with the district manager who simply asked questions about my work experience and what I did at my current job on a day-to-day basis. I was surprised as they did not go into any further details.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess?.

Two in person interviews. Both happened quickly-follow up was great. Interviewer was interested in knowing me as a person and also my work experience. Spoke a lot about clientele and being sales driven. Also spoke a lot about conversion.

Ensure you are happy with the offer. So go in knowing what you want!

Intern Interview

They asked for applications via an online resource. Once submitted, applicants that were qualified were called into the headquarter offices in Los Angeles where they were given a 20 minute interview to verify their qualifications. Candidates were given the job on the spot if they were qualified.

Interview Questions
    • What is the best quality you can bring to the company and why?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Guess?.

Interview took place in store, comfortable atmosphere, one on one with manager.

Interview Questions
    • All pertained to fashion and customer service, there wasn't a question out of left field. What are you're favorite fashion blogs was one that I found interesting.   View Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Guess?.

Applied through the guess website. Was contacted by phone and conducted a short phone interview. Was then invited to come into the office for an in person interview. Met with hr and potential supervisor, also had to fill out paper application while there. Was then called back to meet the manager. Was then given a lap top to take an excel test. Not very difficult, basic formatting and formulas but there were some trickier parts with tables. I suggest reviewing your excel skills before coming in. Received a follow up call a few days later saying that they would be reaching out to my references and doing a background check. Was then offered position through phone conversation. Everyone I met there seemed really nice. The receptionist was sweet, the manager had great style and the offices were beautiful.

Interview Questions

Although I liked the people I met, I found another opportunity that paid more.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

What have you implemented in your current role that has positively impacted the company? Who is your favorite designer? Have you used any of your friends discounts in the last year? What is your management style? What is your scheduling experience? Why Guess?

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest opportunity at your last position?   View Answer
    Be courageous but thoughtful when asking, inform yourself.. DMs have a lot of control with pay scale..

Worked for Guess?? Contribute to the Community!