Guitar Center Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
60 interviews

2.2

Enterprise Social Media Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Guitar Center in August 2014.

I had a phone screening interview with their HR department. The process to get a screening interview took 2 weeks and it takes another week before they call if they are interested in an in person interview. My best advice is to be prepared. I thought they would be asking general interview questions since it's just with the HR department, but they had very specific questions and the call lasted about 30 to 45 mins. I also thought the job description was a little misleading. The main focus of this position will be to review, analyze and create reports of their social media marketing campaigns. It seems like they are looking for an analyst rather than a specialist.

Interview Questions
    • How would your ideal supervisor's management style be?   Answer Question
    • What is the process you go through to create social media content?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guitar Center.

I first applied online. A week later I received a phone call from one of the stores I applied to. They offered me a group interview. When I arrived, there were 15+ people waiting. They took us across the street into their warehouse. The interviewer's (Store Manager and Sales Manager) asked 3 questions. After the interview lasted about 45 minutes. They told everyone that if you didn't hear back the next day, that didn't mean it was a no and you could send an email to inquire on their interest in you. The next day I got a call back for a 1 on 1 interview. When I got there I met with them at the exact time they specified. The interviewers were the same guys. They asked several questions and told me about some of the logistics of the position I applied for (Sales Associate). The interview lasted roughly 35 minutes. The next day the sales manager emailed me another application that asked for more personal info and the following day they offered me a position.

Interview Questions
    They offered above the average wage because of my prior experience.

Department Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guitar Center.

The interview is very simple and straight to the point. Management wants to see an outgoing and passionate person. Don't be shy! Walk in like you already have the job. This business wants hungry people to work within the company.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Westlake Village, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Guitar Center in February 2014.

Interesting place. I applied online and received an email invitation from an HR rep for a phone interview with her which we scheduled for the next day at 10 am. At 10 am the next day I am waiting by the phone with details of the position in hand so I can discuss it intelligently. No call. After an hour I send an email "sorry I missed your call can we reschedule?", no response, next I call the HR rep and leave a voice mail, still no response. At the end of the day around 5:30ish I get an email from the recruiter apologizing for missing the interview but something came up and could we reschedule for the next day. I responded that would be fine and she could call anytime. Nothing. More emails and phone messages and still nothing. I can understand that people are busy and things come up but the lack of common courtesy and professionalism after missing the second call was very disappointing and could be indicative of how people are treated in this corporation.

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Guitar Center in June 2014.

Applied online got an email from a Recuriter telling me about a new store that was coming to my area set up an phone interview with the Recuriter shortly after I was contacted by the store manager we had a face to face also met with the operations manager we all clicked I was told that if they wanted to hire me I would receive an email within a day or to but later the day I got the email shortly after another phone call with the store manger they paid me according to my experience I started the job 2 weeks later

Interview Questions
    They paid based off my work history it was high according to what they start people with they asked me to keep it to myself to prevent problems

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guitar Center in April 2014.

Interviews were run of the mill, nothing to unexpected or off the wall. Very laid back, and quick. All questions were typical and easy to answer. Every interview was basically the same questions just different managers.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenwood, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, IN (US)

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Guitar Center.

An absolute pleasure and informative interview. Gary at the Greenwood Indiana store did my interview and guided me through the hiring process. No one could ever ask for a better boss. Cat makes you feel like family the first time you walk through the door.

Interview Questions
    • There were a couple unexpected questions, most pertained to a situation that was relevant at the time.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Guitar Center in February 2012.

Quit simple. basic questions about the instruments depending on which position you apply to. got a little bit technical, but if you know anything about instruments it should be pretty easy. great people.

Systems & Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westlake Village, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, CA (US)

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Guitar Center.

Interviewed with several people and provided with an offer from my managers boss. I was given information on the position and responsibilities and discussed pay and benefits. The environment was pleasant and the opportunity seemed interesting and challenging.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Concord, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Guitar Center in January 2013.

Depends on the store you try to apply for. Most stores hold open interviews on a certain day so go in and ask when they hold them. Don't overdress but don't also come looking like a slob. Eye contact is key and be confident. Like Apple, they're looking for personality. Not a know-it-all.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most difficult part about working with others? What's the part about working with people that you enjoy the most?

Tell us the last time you were late.

Tell us about a time where you went above and beyond for a customer or friend.
        Answer Question
    They have a set pay structure with possible added bonuses based off your performance.

Worked for Guitar Center? Contribute to the Community!