H E B

130 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Production Team Leader Interview

San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at H E B in May 2011.

Interview Details Apply- phone interview- one on one interview with HR and Facility leader- Director level with senior HR leader- offer- training program. overall the process should be about two months to complete.

Interview Question – Strength that become a weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was pretty easy they presented an offer which was within my range and accepted.

Loss Prevention Specialist Interview

San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at H E B in February 2014.

Interview Details Be real, be honest. Dress for the part, and speak with confidence. HEB doesn't judge we accept everyone with open arms so this is the place to be.

Interview Question – We have 3 other people interviewing for the same position what makes you stand out from them?   Answer Question

Customer Service Assistant Interview

McAllen, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H E B in March 2013.

Interview Details Three interview process. First interview is with the CCOM ( the person that makes your schedule and boss) they ask you what you know about the company and show you a book of things around the store and people working and ask what you see in those pictures. Second interview is with the Unit Director, he just asks things about you to get to know you better and judges your character and communication skills. Third interview is with the Store Manager, if you made it this far you've basically got the job, unless you make some kind of humongous error, he basically welcomes you to the store and shows you around.

Interview Question – Look at this book. Please tell me what you see in detail.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You can usually only negotiate your hours. If you have school be sure to mention that and they will work with you without a problem.

Bookkeeper Interview

San Marcos, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H E B in February 2013.

Interview Details Panel interview consisted of Current Bookkeeping Lead, Assistant Store Director, and current Central Checkout Manager. I was one of 17 people interviewing for the position. We all waited in the break room until we were called one at a time. I was asked several questions, and was sent on my way.

Interview Question – "What are three of your strengths as a partner?"   Answer Question

Order Selector Interview

Order Selector
San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at H E B in June 2012.

Interview Details Basic interview questions, the interviewer took me on a tour of the facility showed me the actual work that the job required, and got to talk with some current employees. Received a job offer on the spot with a decent starting pay and started 2 weeks later. Was a very quick interview process, took about 20 minutes.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Took the offer, as it was.

HEB Cashier Interview

HEB Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at H E B.

Interview Details My interview was different than any other ones. It was more of a group interview. I was in a small room with about 13 people. Asking questions like why you want them to hire you, job experience, a little about yourself, and you had to answer in front of everybody else.

Interview Question – I received a test to convince to buy a product from HEB to a customer.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

HEB Cashier Interview

Austin, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H E B in May 2010.

Interview Details Very simple process. Drop a resume, and follow up with calls until they get back to you about an interview. Then, a simple one on one interview. This isn't rocket science.

Interview Question – Asking about how you would handle difficult customer interactions. Definitely some hypothetical situations.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Bryan, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at H E B in February 2011.

Interview Details It is a group interview so be prepared to think creatively and outside the box

Interview Question – Why should I not hire you?   Answer Question

Advertising Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at H E B.

Interview Details Lengthy process. Talked to multiple senior account executives

Interview Question – Easy - felt like a conversation each time   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotation

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at H E B.

Interview Details The interview process was in a group setting which I was unprepared for but quickly adjusted to. The interview was fun as it consisted of mock selling games where we were given an item to sell to the rest of the group. At the interview the manager requested my contact phone number and I was called immediately after for an offer.

Interview Question – Group setting was unexpected.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at H E B

Worked for H E B? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at H E B interview questions and advice. All 130 interview reviews are posted anonymously by H E B employees and interview candidates.