H&M

Updated 29 Jan 2015
Updated 29 Jan 2015

2.5

International Talent Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H&M.

What seemed like a great opportunity, I committed myself to the recruitment process. It first began with a 45min interview, after which I was invited to take a skills test. I scored above average on the lengthy test, and looked forward to an answer determining if I would be invited to the final assessment. I waited and then emailed my HR contact as the final assessment date got closer, to which she never responded to, unlike my past inquiries. The date passed by with no response.
    I understand not responding to the countless applications H&M receive, but to not follow up on a candidate that has sacrificed time to be partake in interviews and test is disrespectful.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was straight forward.
      Why do you want to work in the fashion industry?

Answer Question

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at H&M.

1 to 1 personal interview. He asked questions like "Tell about a time you helped out a customer and what did you do," or "Tell about a customer asked for a size on a shirt and we did not carry it what would you do in that situation." They really look at what your wearing so make sure you are updated on fashion and make sure you keep a smile and eye contact the whole interview. It was easy and simple interview just make sure you know what to say and be confident!

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time you did not like a co worker and what would you do about it   Answer Question

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H&M.

Interview process consisted of 3 sessions (3 days).

Questions:
    -what are your strength and weaknesses?
    -what would you bring to the company?
    -how to deal with in work drama (with customers and coworkers)
    -how will your past employment experience would assist you with this position? (examples)
    -what were task you had to do at your past place of employment?
    -why do you want to work at H&M?

Interview Questions
    • how to deal with in work drama (with customers and coworkers)   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at H&M.

Interview was very simple. Just dress fashionably and be yourself and you'll nail it.
    -Interview was tailored more about who I am and wanted to see if I would be a good fit to their company.

Part Time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Romford, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Romford, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&M in January 2015.

I applied online on the 19/1/15 and heard back on 28/1/15 so very quick. The interview over the phone was very quick and simple. I have now been asked to come I to the store for a 1-1 interview.

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&M.

Went into the store and applied. A couple days later i was called to come in for a face to face interview. Went into the interview and got the job on the spot, just needed to submit for a background check. Couple days later the background check came back and was cleared, and we started the final hiring process.

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at H&M.

Applied online to UK store and didn't hear anything back for maybe 2 weeks. Got phone call from the store manager and had a short interview asking questions like why h&m, my availability, what do you know about company, previous work experience. Was asked to come in for store interview. Pretty standard questions again why would i be a good fit, experience, availability, what do you know about company how many hours would you work. I was then invited back for a trial shift which included doing delivery, fitting rooms and some sales floor work. Offered job on spot after this.

Interview Questions
    • Describe yourself in two words, why should we hire you   Answer Question
    None

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&M.

I submitted my application online and was contacted a week later. The interview process was fast. She asked me a few behavior questions and had me sign background check papers.

Interview Questions
    • What are you expecting from H&M if you were to work here.   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied for a position with H&M. I received an email detailing that I was not a candidate due to the fact that they are seeking "energetic" people. And my qualifications did not match. I have had many years of experience in the field of which they advertised for in this position. However, I may not be in my 20's...they clearly have age discriminating practices company. I am appalled at their response and would never endorse anyone to apply for any position as they certainly do not value experienced professionals.

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at H&M.

I applied online and got a call 2 days later to schedule a one-on-one interview with one of the managers, which was the next day. I went in for the interview, which lasted about 20-25. She talked to me about what working there is gonna be like and asked me a few questions about my experiences in my previous job. After the interview was over she had me fill out a sheet for a background check. She said they will call me when it cleared.
          After a couple weeks they called me back to meet for a second time. This actually turned out to be a job offer and we discussed how much my wage is going to be (way better than my last job). The next day I just had to come in to fill out paperwork and i am now officially an H&M employee!