HCL Technologies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at HCL Technologies

Interview Details Campus recruitment, 1 HR and 1 Technical
No Group discussion.
Technical - to check Business Analyst skills, basic finance question.
HR- Location flexibility, goals, expectation from work, people whom I would like working with

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Chennai

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2012.

Interview Details Technical interview followed by HR round

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Chennai

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at HCL Technologies in March 2010.

Interview Details First find a contact within the company. Second, attend the interview arranged by him.

Interview Question – None.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Discuss the compensation with the HR person

Chennai

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in February 2010.

Interview Details There will be three rounds of interview. First two by domain people and third by HR. 1st round interviewers have a guideline that nothing should be asked out of your resume. So, dont bluff anything on your resume. Dont giveout things on your resume on which you can not answer!

Interview Question – Nothing as such. If you moving from other industry to here (IT), for sure you will get the question 'why do you want to move to IT'   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was almost 2 months from my final round of interview to get offer letter.

Greater Noida

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies in December 2012.

Interview Details After Presentation there was GD with general topics on innovation followed by 2 set of interviews. one was technical and other was HR.

Interview Question – Which IT stck you will buy and why?   Answer Question

Noida

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies in April 2010.

Interview Details One telephonic round and one Face to face round

Interview Question – Are you willing to get transferred to domestic location.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Didnt want to get transferred to domestic location

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details Call from recruiter who passed my contact info to HCL America manager. Manager called to schedule an interview. Interviewed for the position by phone. Passed on to another manager for phone interview. Offered the position.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions and those specific to the experience required for the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After I negotiated the salary, another person identifying himself as HR manager called to renegotiate the salary for $5K less. Proved to be an annoyance since the recruiter already indicated the salary. I declined to discuss it further with the guy. Later I was made aware that I left $25k on the table. My advice: always start at the end of the range no matter what.

Worked for HCL Technologies? Contribute to the Community!