HCL Technologies Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 27, 2014
663 interviews

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

It was a walkin and was a straight forward .net framework and sql queries. Two technical rounds followed by HR round. Was seamless integration. First round most probably by project lead and the second round by project manager. The third was HR round.

Lead Engineer Interview

Two rounds F2F. They gave me simple code to write. Asked me about design patters, collections, multithreading, They also asked me to write code related to binary and hex numbers. Overall this was an easy round.

Interview Questions
    • In the next round they asked me couple of questions in CPP, considering I had CS background. I was able to recollect and could answer to his satisfaction.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies in March 2013.

I was recruited through AMCAT I was given an admit card to a College campus where Amcat visited and I successfully cleared all the 5 rounds of interview.The first round of interview was a GD in which everyone were told to choose their own topic to speak.second round was a written round on verbal and aptitude and third was a 1:1 technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • whats is a mac address which i never expected .Not a difficult one but a bit tricky.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

I was interviewed more on the presentation and analysis skills and very less on technical side as i was a fresh graduate. yes but during my internal movement they grilled me for everything i had mentioned in my resume. They look forward to whether the candidate had that hunger to learn and dedicate himself to work.

fresh graduate, so no negotiation

Labview Programming Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies in August 2014.

Two rounds of interview.
    First round is purely technical.
    They asked about the projects executed in previous company.
    Knowledge on using Labview & Different Communication Protocols.
    RS232, CAN protocols etc.
    about Different Variables, Different State Diagrams etc.

Interview Questions
    • what are the pinouts of RS232, My experience in PXI, PCI cards. CAN Protocols   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at HCL Technologies in August 2014.

There are three rounds first one is either technical written test or technical online test. next is technical face to face then next HR(Salary discussion)

very less hike

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies in June 2014.

It was an easy process.
    Rounds - 3
    1sr round- Aptitude ,which is AMCAT test.
    2nd- Technical Round. Simple questions any average student with computer science degree can answer.

3rd- HR managerial
     This is quite tricky.
    They checked how practical are the candidates and ability to tale decisions.

Interview Questions
    • -difference between C and C++
      -write a program to find factorial
      -explain about your project you carried out in final year degree(this is the main part that you should explain with full confidence)

HR
      -introduce yourself
      -what are your strong and weak points . blah blah
        Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chennai
    Anonymous Employee in Chennai

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies in August 2014.

The process was the worst, they send mails to inbox as if it is a scheduled interview but it'll have 500 candidates a virtual walk-in!
    Then they'll ask you to write a written test consisting on silly basic question
    You feel funny and fill the white sheet anyway
    You submit paper (might drink a glass of water) and results will be out in seconds, criteria could be that you must be from a low tier firm so you'd accept any offer also some good answer

Offer was too low and off industry standard

Trainee Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Standard process of on-campus recruitment. It was easy. General Aptitude teat followed by technical rounds and HR followed by offer. The technical was detailed and I was happy it went well. The interviewer was very knowledgeable

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chennai
    Anonymous Employee in Chennai

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies in August 2014.

First there will be filtering through objective test for which qualifying mark is 60 .Then a technical interview followed by HR. Technical wasn't too tough and is most basics.

I have cleared technical interview and my profile was kept on hold for salary negotiation by HR.
    I was said that I will be getting a call on the same,20 days happened and still no response.

Interview Questions

Worked for HCL Technologies? Contribute to the Community!