HCL Technologies Interview Questions

Updated 21 Oct 2014

2.9

AMTS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Had four rounds of interviews in total as a fresh candidate of bachelor's engineering degree. Mostly it was about testing one's coding skills and questions were quite hard for a newbie.

Interview Questions
    • Dont remember exactly but there were a lit of string and datastructure qns   Answer Question
    Na

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

2 technical online tests and technical panel + HR interview

QA Engineer Interview

3 rounds of interview. 2 Technical and 1 HR. Questions were as usual on manual and automation testing.Mainly related to testing and Quality assurance.Questions also on Banking and financial domain.

Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Coding round,Group Discussion,Technical Interview,HR Interview.
    In Coding round they allowed us to use whatever language we like. In GD round they gave Topic related to stress management.
    In technical interview they asked about DDos Attack,Server Security,Botnet.
    And they asked question about java and open source software to other candidates.
    In HR mostly they asked about urself,weak and strong points,area of interest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies in October 2014.

As Expected First Round Was through AMCAT in which they had asked some few questions from Aptitude, Reasoning and C C++

And then Second Round was Technical HR and most crucial round it took for me approx one and half hour and i think not a single portion they had left from my Resume then Final Year Project, Some Basic Logical Programs and then a lot of OS and Data Structure Questions.Then they will ask some personal questions, experience and a lot from your Resume..

Final Round was HR and was so Easy only Intro and then some basic HR Questions and finnaly took some signatures and then told me to wait one week for confirmation.

After 4 days i got confirmation Mail regarding Selection

ROHIT RAJ

3 rounds
    1st technical round
    2nd manager round
    3rd HR roundresume

they will ask whatever you have mentioned in resume.
    so prepare accordingly and give your best.
    for salary negotiation you can check whats going on IT market now for your skillset and experience and accordingly negotiate with them.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview went well as it was a walk in and there was a huge toll of people outside the building as well as inside. The only part bad was HR. She called me to negotiate for salary and her first sentence was I can offer you 2.20 and if it's OK with me then she will release the offer letter else I have seen the queue outside the building that day. The WORST HR on earth I came across. I was in need and accepted the offer. I really feel like telling her now she needs to learn how to be professional.

Interview Questions
    • A question related to Windows Server command.   View Answer

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Technical round,Manager round and HR round.
    Asked Testing process,Development model,STLC,Defect tracking tool,defect types,Defect analysis,reports preparation,Enhancement testing,Regarding build and release,about CTF,Share point,Loadrunner,Measurements,counters,Run time settings,controller,Ramup and ramp down,Pacing,Thinktime,Throughput,Hits per second,cuncorrent users,rendones point,miscelanious,IP Sfoping,Scedule by scenario,group by scenario,overlay group,difference between think time and responce time.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

There are three rounds of interview first round is just a simple, normal introduction round in which candidate would be sitting in a group and HR would take interview one by one and second round would be a teliphonic round in which they again check communication skills over the phone and the last round would be operation round technical round

Interview Questions
    • There was no question which I would say difficult they simply ask about yourself and some common technical question   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

written test,Group discussion, personal interview which mostly was concentrated on knowing about us and some questions on the engineering topics and questions depend upon the stream you belong and then some of the written exams were conducted before giving the joining again for our batch

Interview Questions
    • being electronics engineer questions were based on communication and electronic devices   Answer Question