HCL Technologies

Updated 25 Jan 2015
Updated 25 Jan 2015

2.9

Senior Developer PlSql Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Attended walk in interview at HCL Hyderabad for PlSql senior developer position. Interview process took one complete day. Process completed in 3 steps which included technical skill written test followed by technical interview followed by HR interview on same day.

Lead Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

I applied from HCL career site, to my surprise, I got a call from HR within 2-3 days for scheduling a telephonic round. I got it scheduled in the next week, and around 40 minutes of technical questions (all average questions) were asked to me.
    Next I was asked to arrive for a f2f round in Noida office.
    The f2f round was preceded by a written round which asked for 2 programming questions (involving data structures), I did one very well, the second one was half done.
    After 2-3 hours, I was called for the interview. The interview was first going in a right pace, me answering each and every questions and the interviewer looked very satisfied, but then after 15-20 minutes, the guy who took my telephonic interview came up in the cabin and both had a quick chat.
    The previous interviewer went away and this guy started with the programming problems done, logic etc. He somehow proved that my logic was not very good for the problem imposed. I almost agreed to that.
    Later, he asked some networking questions, I had no idea about. So, Overall, this guy looked un-impressed, and with a note of sadness I had to leave the venue with a message that "if you got selected, the HR will contact you".
    I felt real bad about how I couldn't make it and have to study a lot.
    But..but...but...
    after 2-3 weeks, I got a call from HR. She told me nothing about my interview, just asked about my notice period and hung the call up. Again, till next 1-2 week, no communication.
    Later, I got one congratulation e-mail from them for my selection. I was not very happy, but very very surprised.
    I sent them all the docs, later the HR person called me up for salary part, and they were offering way below my current CTC, when I asked if there is any negotiation, he said no. I felt dejected, but politely rejected the offer.
    Next day, he again called me up for my last expected salary, he seemed ready to turn up at my words, but I didn't accept the offer.

Interview Questions
    • not difficult any, in fact I was not prepared to that extent   Answer Question

The CTC provided was way below my currect CTC, also The employer seemed to react only when I rejected the offer.

Tech Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

The interviewer had no knowledge of the technologies he was interviewing for. He was reading my resume like a chapter from a book, ans was asking questions like why did you write this line here.
    Later I got to know that he was just a software engineer with no relevant experience in the technologies.

Fresher Interview

There will be a Written examination at first followed by a Technical Interview. Most of the people get screened out at the first round itself. Be very confident in the interviews. And then if you are clearing these two, you'll be taken for a HR interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

based on amcat scores got call for interview, basics of sql, dbms, computer network, projects and c language were asked. then there was an hr round where they asked why do you wanna join hcl, what are your goals? who is the ceo of hcl and that sorta stuff, it was an easy interview. they are not very thorough

not good prospects

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Simple lateral interview having the basic questions.
    Question about semaphores and embedded system
    Hr round was not there so to saysay hence no issues with that
    Salary negotiation was very easy as well

Ok and very easy

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Written test, techinal discussion of 2 level and then HR discussion. profile screening will be the frst step of all. make your resume clean n crisp for shortlisting. As i was in campus recruited, not clear about external interviews

Embedded Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2015.

Interview process is fast enough. Within a day they tried to finish all technical rounds including written and F2F interview. Be prepare for Embedded C basics like storage class and all....

Interview Questions
    • What will happen during optimization if I declare a volatile variable and I have not used it in my program?   Answer Question

Technical Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Applied through job portal. 5 rounds of interview.

1. Telephonic:
    Based on your resume. Mostly questions from domain. Some programming questions from C/C++.

2. F2F Technical
    Deep into technical details from the domain. 4 to 5 programs to write in C. Some C++ questions as well. Focus more on the programming

3. F2F Technical Manager
    Most questions on the process followed and the challenges you faced in the work. Some basic C questions.

4. F2F DU Head
    Some HR type of questions. Like why you want to leave current company. What are the exceptions from HCL. Lasted for 10 minutes only.

5. HR interview
    Simply package negotiation. Nothing else.

SAP Basis Consultant Interview

Interview process is the process which screens the best candidates for job In the companies invite application for that particular job from candidates and then they choose best candidates from those after discussion with candidates...