HSBC Holdings Interview Questions

Updated 9 Oct 2014

2.9

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2014.

It was done via telepresence.

KYC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in May 2012.

There two rounds of F2F Interview for the post of KYC Associate. The profile was so good, even the company struture was also good. Company structure was providing a lot more growth opportunities within the organusation. Thats why I liked the profile so much.
    The recruitment team was very coperative & frank. The questions were asked about your previous academic sessions. Theywere checking our overall knowledge & personality, communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • What do you about the company & profile offered?   Answer Question
    • Show me the SWOT Analysis of a particular thing, like Pen, Mobile Phone.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in November 2011.

Two rounds of interview one with the reporting manager, and then with country head for the function. Mainly skills-based questions were asked based on the CV submitted.

1 Month. Accepting lower salary is not recommended. Hikes after one joins a support function are unsubstantial.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in August 2011.

HSBC came to college for recruitment for various profiles such as Data information, risk analysis etc. It began with ppt in the morning followed by a general aptitude test. it included simple quantative questions, verbal, analytical questions. they also had a section of questions on the company. After the first round, next was GD round. after GD round, there were two more rounds, managerial and HR round. They asked basic knowledge of financial institutes and all.

Portfolios Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in December 2009.

It was direct one to one interview

Interview Questions
    It was very transparent and straight forward

SSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in May 2009.

Online Application/Candidate Questionnaire
    Online Numerical reasoning aptitude tests
    Interviews
    Assessment Day (including case study)

Interview Questions
    • Online Application/Candidate Questionnaire
      Online Numerical reasoning aptitude tests
      Interviews
      Assessment Day (including case study)
        Answer Question
    good

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visakhapatnam
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visakhapatnam

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2008.

walk ins with a resume, photographs, 1st round would be computing skills, then comes telephonic skills, later continued with an interview, followed by HR interview.

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Well organised/communicated. All done via secure email. Directions/location/timing communicated clearly. Temp pass given on arrival. First level interview could be either 1:1 or panel. The hiring is process slightly longer I believe as I only went for the first level interview and waiting for the feedback.

Full Time Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Applied on-line. Took numerical test. A month later I was invited for a telephone interview which was standard competency based. After that I was invited to an assessment center.
    The AC:
    About 8 candidates. we took the numerical test again, and then had about 20 minutes to study a business case, which we had to present our opinions on to an employee. you have 4 interviews which candidates rotate between (analyst (competency), a line manager (technical), another manager (competency), and a HR guy (case study presentation))
    Very friendly and professional in general.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to explain about products offered by the division applied to   Answer Question

First YearUK Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

After the online application, I completed the numerical test and was invited to a phone interview, which was entirely competency-based. With preparation and some research this is manageable. A credit check follows and if you pass it, you get the invitation to their AC.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you realised you had done something wrong. How did you deal with it?   View Answer