HSBC Holdings Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2014.

It was done via telepresence.

SSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in May 2009.

Online Application/Candidate Questionnaire
    Online Numerical reasoning aptitude tests
    Interviews
    Assessment Day (including case study)

Interview Questions
    • Online Application/Candidate Questionnaire
      Online Numerical reasoning aptitude tests
      Interviews
      Assessment Day (including case study)
        Answer Question
    good

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in November 2011.

Two rounds of interview one with the reporting manager, and then with country head for the function. Mainly skills-based questions were asked based on the CV submitted.

1 Month. Accepting lower salary is not recommended. Hikes after one joins a support function are unsubstantial.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in August 2011.

HSBC came to college for recruitment for various profiles such as Data information, risk analysis etc. It began with ppt in the morning followed by a general aptitude test. it included simple quantative questions, verbal, analytical questions. they also had a section of questions on the company. After the first round, next was GD round. after GD round, there were two more rounds, managerial and HR round. They asked basic knowledge of financial institutes and all.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Visakhapatnam
    Anonymous Employee in Visakhapatnam

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2008.

walk ins with a resume, photographs, 1st round would be computing skills, then comes telephonic skills, later continued with an interview, followed by HR interview.

KYC Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in May 2012.

There two rounds of F2F Interview for the post of KYC Associate. The profile was so good, even the company struture was also good. Company structure was providing a lot more growth opportunities within the organusation. Thats why I liked the profile so much.
    The recruitment team was very coperative & frank. The questions were asked about your previous academic sessions. Theywere checking our overall knowledge & personality, communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • What do you about the company & profile offered?   Answer Question
    • Show me the SWOT Analysis of a particular thing, like Pen, Mobile Phone.   Answer Question

Portfolios Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in December 2009.

It was direct one to one interview

Interview Questions
    It was very transparent and straight forward

Associate Interview

I had a phone interview with 3 associates. Then was invited to meet with the group's head. After this HR contacted me again to meet with 4 more people, one Managing Director and 3 Associates. HR has been giving me feedback all along and has kept me up to date on the progress of the process.

Interview Questions
    • Questions have been mostly about fit and previous experience, no hard technical questions (yet).   Answer Question

Associate, Global Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2014.

I interviewed in London (UK) and was asked:

Online Application/Candidate Questionnaire Online Numerical reasoning Aptitude tests Interviews Assessment Day (including open ended case study).

Prepare before hand if your not familiar with online assessment tests for aptitude and verbal reasoning, they are difficult. Personally i did use (the ultimate career interview) app from App Store.

Interview Questions
    • The Global Markets Director asked a variety of of questions about expected "best in class" margins for their line of business and seemed to expect detailed knowledge in this area even though this level of inside knowledge was not mentioned as a prerequisite and did not appear particularly relevant in the job description provided.   Answer Question
    Entry Level Contract.

Global Banking and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cyberjaya (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Employee in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Apply via internet and they will call you and ask you for the interview. Interview has three sections, grammar test, HR interview and management interview. The interview is quite challenging. Once you fail in the grammar test, you will be told to back home. Else, you can proceed to the next section. The interviewers are friendly, so don't worry about this. Good luck!!

Interview Questions

Have problem with the holiday shifts.

Worked for HSBC Holdings? Contribute to the Community!