HSBC Holdings

Updated 29 Jan 2015

2.9

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2014.

It was done via telepresence.

KYC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in May 2012.

There two rounds of F2F Interview for the post of KYC Associate. The profile was so good, even the company struture was also good. Company structure was providing a lot more growth opportunities within the organusation. Thats why I liked the profile so much.
    The recruitment team was very coperative & frank. The questions were asked about your previous academic sessions. Theywere checking our overall knowledge & personality, communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • What do you about the company & profile offered?   Answer Question
    • Show me the SWOT Analysis of a particular thing, like Pen, Mobile Phone.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in November 2011.

Two rounds of interview one with the reporting manager, and then with country head for the function. Mainly skills-based questions were asked based on the CV submitted.

1 Month. Accepting lower salary is not recommended. Hikes after one joins a support function are unsubstantial.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in August 2011.

HSBC came to college for recruitment for various profiles such as Data information, risk analysis etc. It began with ppt in the morning followed by a general aptitude test. it included simple quantative questions, verbal, analytical questions. they also had a section of questions on the company. After the first round, next was GD round. after GD round, there were two more rounds, managerial and HR round. They asked basic knowledge of financial institutes and all.

Portfolios Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in December 2009.

It was direct one to one interview

Interview Questions
    It was very transparent and straight forward

SSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in May 2009.

Online Application/Candidate Questionnaire
    Online Numerical reasoning aptitude tests
    Interviews
    Assessment Day (including case study)

Interview Questions
    • Online Application/Candidate Questionnaire
      Online Numerical reasoning aptitude tests
      Interviews
      Assessment Day (including case study)

Answer Question
    good

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visakhapatnam
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visakhapatnam

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2008.

walk ins with a resume, photographs, 1st round would be computing skills, then comes telephonic skills, later continued with an interview, followed by HR interview.

Retail Banking and Wealth Management Interview

After the initial application you are invited to take two tests depending on the position. Afterwards if successful you get a competency based phone interview and then an assessment. The assessment consists of various interviews as well as a report and a group exercise

Spring Insight Interview

I applied online for the Spring Insight Programme at HSBC in November. The process was quite simple.There was no cover letter, although there were several questions which in essence acted as a cover letter because they asked about things you would typically put in your CL. I heard back from them in the beginning of January and was invited to an interview. The interview itself was pretty easy and was entirely competency-based. The interview was the final round of the application process.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions whatsoever. As I said, the interview was 100% competency-based.   Answer Question

Spring Insight IB Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

1. Online stage: basic personal info, CV/CL, competency questions - pretty same as on telephone interview so will be stated furter
    2. Online numerical/reasoning tests
    3. Telephone interview (20-30 min): 4-5 questions with 5 min for every answer. Questions: 1) Tell us about a time when you invited or encouraged others to offer a different perspective or opinion in order to deliver a better solution. 2) Please explain what self-development opportunities you've taken advantage of during your university years to make yourself more employable in the job market. 3) Please detail three non-academic achievements / extracurricular activities you are particularly proud of and give your reasons why. 4) Please describe your motivation for wishing to work for HSBC and your chosen business area. Outline the key skills you possess that would make you a suitable candidate. In your answer we will be looking for clear evidence of motivation. 5) How is your hero and why.
    4. Office interview

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was about my hero, because It was unexpected question so it took some time to choose the person I would be talking about.   Answer Question