HSBC Holdings Interview Questions

2.9

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2014.

It was done via telepresence.

SSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in May 2009.

Online Application/Candidate Questionnaire
    Online Numerical reasoning aptitude tests
    Interviews
    Assessment Day (including case study)

Interview Questions
    • Online Application/Candidate Questionnaire
      Online Numerical reasoning aptitude tests
      Interviews
      Assessment Day (including case study)
        Answer Question
    good

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in November 2011.

Two rounds of interview one with the reporting manager, and then with country head for the function. Mainly skills-based questions were asked based on the CV submitted.

1 Month. Accepting lower salary is not recommended. Hikes after one joins a support function are unsubstantial.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in August 2011.

HSBC came to college for recruitment for various profiles such as Data information, risk analysis etc. It began with ppt in the morning followed by a general aptitude test. it included simple quantative questions, verbal, analytical questions. they also had a section of questions on the company. After the first round, next was GD round. after GD round, there were two more rounds, managerial and HR round. They asked basic knowledge of financial institutes and all.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Visakhapatnam
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visakhapatnam

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2008.

walk ins with a resume, photographs, 1st round would be computing skills, then comes telephonic skills, later continued with an interview, followed by HR interview.

KYC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in May 2012.

There two rounds of F2F Interview for the post of KYC Associate. The profile was so good, even the company struture was also good. Company structure was providing a lot more growth opportunities within the organusation. Thats why I liked the profile so much.
    The recruitment team was very coperative & frank. The questions were asked about your previous academic sessions. Theywere checking our overall knowledge & personality, communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • What do you about the company & profile offered?   Answer Question
    • Show me the SWOT Analysis of a particular thing, like Pen, Mobile Phone.   Answer Question

Portfolios Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in December 2009.

It was direct one to one interview

Interview Questions
    It was very transparent and straight forward

First YearUK Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

After the online application, I completed the numerical test and was invited to a phone interview, which was entirely competency-based. With preparation and some research this is manageable. A credit check follows and if you pass it, you get the invitation to their AC.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you realised you had done something wrong. How did you deal with it?   View Answer

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in August 2014.

Remotely from overseas. Phone interview with Hiring Manager, WebCam Interview with Hiring Manager and Another Tech Manager, final HR interview over phone.

Very positive experiences. All very professional until final HR interview where a role different to that which I interviewed for was discussed.

Interview Questions
    • Covered past experiences and why you would like to do work in HSBC. Some PM type work so knowledge of the different PM methodologies and when you applied them.   Answer Question

Salary on offer

Technology Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in February 2014.

The process took me 3 weeks
    Applied online
    Online Test
    Telephone Interview
    Assessment center (numerical test on the day, 2 business interview+ 1 competency interview + 1 presentation) I found it quite straightforward. Most questions are based on my CV. Do prepare something about emerging markets.

Interview Questions
    • nothing really difficult. But the preparation time for the presentation is a bit tight, make sure you do it quick   Answer Question

Worked for HSBC Holdings? Contribute to the Community!