HSBC Holdings

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager
Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2014.

Interview Details It was done via telepresence.

Interview Question – Challenges at workplace   View Answer

SSE Interview

SSE
Hyderābād

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in May 2009.

Interview Details Online Application/Candidate Questionnaire
Online Numerical reasoning aptitude tests
Interviews
Assessment Day (including case study)

Interview Question – Online Application/Candidate Questionnaire
Online Numerical reasoning aptitude tests
Interviews
Assessment Day (including case study)
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – good

Manager Interview

Manager
Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in November 2011.

Interview Details Two rounds of interview one with the reporting manager, and then with country head for the function. Mainly skills-based questions were asked based on the CV submitted.

Negotiation Details – 1 Month. Accepting lower salary is not recommended. Hikes after one joins a support function are unsubstantial.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in August 2011.

Interview Details HSBC came to college for recruitment for various profiles such as Data information, risk analysis etc. It began with ppt in the morning followed by a general aptitude test. it included simple quantative questions, verbal, analytical questions. they also had a section of questions on the company. After the first round, next was GD round. after GD round, there were two more rounds, managerial and HR round. They asked basic knowledge of financial institutes and all.

Interview Question – they asked technical questions from my branch   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Customer Service Manager
Visakhapatnam

I applied through another source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2008.

Interview Details walk ins with a resume, photographs, 1st round would be computing skills, then comes telephonic skills, later continued with an interview, followed by HR interview.

Interview Question – why did you leave your previous job?   Answer Question

KYC Associate Interview

KYC Associate
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in May 2012.

Interview Details There two rounds of F2F Interview for the post of KYC Associate. The profile was so good, even the company struture was also good. Company structure was providing a lot more growth opportunities within the organusation. Thats why I liked the profile so much.
The recruitment team was very coperative & frank. The questions were asked about your previous academic sessions. Theywere checking our overall knowledge & personality, communication skills.

Interview Questions

Portfolios Manager Interview

Portfolios Manager
Chennai

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in December 2009.

Interview Details It was direct one to one interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – It was very transparent and straight forward

Associate, Global Markets Interview

Associate, Global Markets
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2014.

Interview Details I interviewed in London (UK) and was asked:

Online Application/Candidate Questionnaire Online Numerical reasoning Aptitude tests Interviews Assessment Day (including open ended case study).

Prepare before hand if your not familiar with online assessment tests for aptitude and verbal reasoning, they are difficult. Personally i did use (the ultimate career interview) app from App Store.

Interview Question – The Global Markets Director asked a variety of of questions about expected "best in class" margins for their line of business and seemed to expect detailed knowledge in this area even though this level of inside knowledge was not mentioned as a prerequisite and did not appear particularly relevant in the job description provided.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Entry Level Contract.

Global Banking and Marketing Interview

Global Banking and Marketing
Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview Details Apply via internet and they will call you and ask you for the interview. Interview has three sections, grammar test, HR interview and management interview. The interview is quite challenging. Once you fail in the grammar test, you will be told to back home. Else, you can proceed to the next section. The interviewers are friendly, so don't worry about this. Good luck!!

Interview Question – Need to know about the banking terms.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Have problem with the holiday shifts.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Lewisville, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2010.

Interview Details Applied online.... got phone call.....went to interview....... got job. It's basic customer service that situational questions. Nothing to be scared about. The company had a great bonus structure.... but changed when the company changed the bonuses changed drastically.

Negotiation Details – straight forward.... hourly

Worked for HSBC Holdings? Contribute to the Community!