Halliburton

Getting the Interview

308 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software QA Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details Hiring process is too lengthy. Apart from this the process is very unprofessional. First round is technical which is driven by some very good technically sound people but when they call you for face to face interview the process is not at all professional. They will tell you to give a powerpoint presentation on some testing scenario. You have to give this presentation in front of other candidates who are there for the interview. Even though your presentation is good the other candidates will always try to make it look bad. Other candidates will ask lot of irrelevant questions and you will loose your focus. the interview panel will have a lunch with all the candidates. during the lunch interview they will judge you on non professional things like your hobbies and all. This seems like their favorite pass time with cracking jokes on poor candidates

Interview Question – They will ask other candidates who you think should get selected among you all?   Answer Question

Associate Technical Professional
Mumbai

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details Very easy interview with very basic and elementary questions on my background, engineering principles, basics of mechanics, career objectives, achievements in university, and more specifically why you think you are a good fit for the company.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work with Halliburton? Why should Halliburton choose you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation opportunity for the entry level position I was selected for.

Very Easy Interview

Technical Professional Interview

Technical Professional
Mumbai

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2010.

Interview Details very easy. The hiring manager just called me and explained me about the job. I have known him before so it was not difficult.

Negotiation Details – dint negotiate

Associate Technical Professional
Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2012.

Interview Details Company informed me through email and phone call through my resume posted on a monsterindia.com , then they called me for written test and interview process in Mumbai.
Written consists of basic mechanical , electrical and aptitude questions with 35 questions in 30 minutes.....quite a lot of time. Then there was a bit easy technical interview in which i was asked about various electrical devices and equipment's working and about the final year project as i was from electrical background......then he told me about the nature of job........relocation and all those things i have to face during job..........after about as i think 20 minutes.......he told me to wait outside.........

Then after the technical part was over the remaining of us who were told to wait were to face HR interview which was also 1 to 1 interview with country HR Manager..He asked same basic questions about family, job specifications, about company, from your resume......and also salary.......it was also about a 15-20 minutes interview.

Then he told me to wait for about 2-3 weeks as they will contact you if you are shortlisted.....

And yes.......i got it after about 3 weeks time they called me and informed that i am shortlisted...............happppppppppyyyyyyyyyyyyy.................

Interview Question – The whole process was quiet easy.......   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you are experienced then you can negotiate........in my respect i was fresher so nothing to negotiate and had to start my career..............

Engineering Interview

Mumbai

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in January 2010.

Interview Details the company came for recruiting in our college campus. we had to appear for a written test which consisted of aptitude and technical tests. then we were shortlisted for the group discussions. after the group discussions people were shortlisted for the interview. the interview was mainly hr with some technical questions

Interview Questions

Entry Level Field Engineer Interview

Homer City, PA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in April 2014.

Interview Details The initial interview was conducted at my university. It was a typical HR interview. I was called for a second interview which took place at one of their field offices. We were treated to breakfast, lunch, and dinner over a 2 day period where we were shown all aspects of the job for either a frack or cementing position. The process was laid back. They frequently prompted us to ask questions about everything they showed us. You seem to be evaluated constantly during the trip with a 3 member panel interview at the end where they just ask basic questions about your resume.

Interview Question – The questions asked during the HR interview were basic "Tell me about a time you were stressed and how you handled it" "give me a good decision and bad decision you made   Answer Question

Field Engineer - Wireline Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details As you may have read already from other comments, the two day interview process is very laid back. Meet-and-greet, presentation, and dinner on the first day and field or shop visit, lunch, and out-interview on the second day. What I came to find out from the region I went for (Northeast) is that they do almost everything the same I expected from reading glassdoor comments about field engineer interview process, but the out-interview a bit different. It was 45-60 minutes long instead of the 15 minutes I thought it would be. The interviewer made all the same behavioral questions from the first interview I had on campus, he asked technical questions related to my field of engineering and also about the presentations and shop visit, and gave me a short written exam with electrical and mechanical problems to solve with out a calculator. The technical questions were very basic (i.e. difference between pump and motor, standard household voltage/freq, what does bentonite clay do when drilling). The written exam had a problem of solving for total resistance of a simple circuit, one of hydrostatic pressure, one of step-up transformers, and one wireline problem about calculating the voltage needed to power a tool down the hole at certain distance.

Operator Assistant Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details I heard about a job fair at the local Halliburton. I spoke to a woman who was recruiting and accepting resumes, she was friendly. She then introduced me to the man responsible for interviewing me, who was also quite friendly. The interview was straight forward, he reviewed my resume and asked fair questions. I was hired shortly thereafter.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – wages weren't negotiated, they were firmly set for new employees without experience.
The starting day was negotiated so I could give my previous employer notice which was fair.

Field Engineer - Cased Hole Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details 1st interview was on campus. Normal questions such as teamwork, bad/good decision, etc. This interview was after an information session the previous day. Make sure you go to the information session and ask questions during both the info session and interview.

2nd interview was onsite in Texas and involved another information session, touring the site, dinner, and another interview. Make sure to pay attention during all of it because they will ask questions the entire time you're there to make sure you can handle a lot of information and make sure that you're genuinely interested. When they ask questions about what you thought use specific examples about what you learned and don't give 1 word responses. Also, doesn't hurt to be familiar with current events, sports news, etc. for small talk.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you over the other candidates?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 2 weeks negotiation

Duncan, OK (US)

Interview Details The process consisted of a total of 5 interviews. Each interview was 45 minutes long and involved talking directly to a hiring manager that was looking to fill positions for their product service line (PSL).

Interview Question – The process was at the max 3 technical questions then it was all about your resume.

Name a time you were in a group and experienced a set back, how did you handle it?
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Halliburton

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!

Halliburton Videos

Halliburton – Why Work for Us?

What We Do, Where You'll Fit In the coming decades, energy resources will become increasingly difficult to find and access. As one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the upstream energy… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Halliburton interview questions and advice. All 308 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Halliburton employees and interview candidates.