Halliburton

337 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software QA Engineer Interview

Software QA Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details Hiring process is too lengthy. Apart from this the process is very unprofessional. First round is technical which is driven by some very good technically sound people but when they call you for face to face interview the process is not at all professional. They will tell you to give a powerpoint presentation on some testing scenario. You have to give this presentation in front of other candidates who are there for the interview. Even though your presentation is good the other candidates will always try to make it look bad. Other candidates will ask lot of irrelevant questions and you will loose your focus. the interview panel will have a lunch with all the candidates. during the lunch interview they will judge you on non professional things like your hobbies and all. This seems like their favorite pass time with cracking jokes on poor candidates

Interview Question – They will ask other candidates who you think should get selected among you all?   Answer Question

Mumbai

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details Very easy interview with very basic and elementary questions on my background, engineering principles, basics of mechanics, career objectives, achievements in university, and more specifically why you think you are a good fit for the company.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work with Halliburton? Why should Halliburton choose you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation opportunity for the entry level position I was selected for.

Very Easy Interview

Technical Professional Interview

Technical Professional
Mumbai

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2010.

Interview Details very easy. The hiring manager just called me and explained me about the job. I have known him before so it was not difficult.

Negotiation Details – dint negotiate

Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2012.

Interview Details Company informed me through email and phone call through my resume posted on a monsterindia.com , then they called me for written test and interview process in Mumbai.
Written consists of basic mechanical , electrical and aptitude questions with 35 questions in 30 minutes.....quite a lot of time. Then there was a bit easy technical interview in which i was asked about various electrical devices and equipment's working and about the final year project as i was from electrical background......then he told me about the nature of job........relocation and all those things i have to face during job..........after about as i think 20 minutes.......he told me to wait outside.........

Then after the technical part was over the remaining of us who were told to wait were to face HR interview which was also 1 to 1 interview with country HR Manager..He asked same basic questions about family, job specifications, about company, from your resume......and also salary.......it was also about a 15-20 minutes interview.

Then he told me to wait for about 2-3 weeks as they will contact you if you are shortlisted.....

And yes.......i got it after about 3 weeks time they called me and informed that i am shortlisted...............happppppppppyyyyyyyyyyyyy.................

Interview Question – The whole process was quiet easy.......   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you are experienced then you can negotiate........in my respect i was fresher so nothing to negotiate and had to start my career..............

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Mumbai

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in January 2010.

Interview Details the company came for recruiting in our college campus. we had to appear for a written test which consisted of aptitude and technical tests. then we were shortlisted for the group discussions. after the group discussions people were shortlisted for the interview. the interview was mainly hr with some technical questions

Interview Questions

Bakersfield, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2014.

Interview Details A phone interview was conducted initially for the employer to explain the position. The emphasis was on the long work hours (7 days on call, 7 days off). They did ask about my knowledge of the industry and my career goals. I was then invited to an interview. I was not informed that it would be a lunch interview until the day of the interview. I was interviewed by 2 recruiting specialists and 4 Field Engineers. The lunch interview was informal and seemed more of a meet and greet to see if you would fit into their team. They also continued to emphasize the long work hours and predominantly being on the field in direct sunlight.

Interview Question – As a female, how do you feel about leading a team compromised of only men and how would you handle any problems that you had with your male team members?   Answer Question

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details Just made it to the behavioral stage of the interview question. very simple questions about things on the resume. It was on an university event with a lot of potential employers. It was a good interesting experience. The people that interview with you are current workers at field engineer position. very relaxed interview environment.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work with us?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant/ Interview

Associate Consultant/
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in January 2014.

Interview Details Started off with a comprehensive presentation on the company and its various product lines; quick, but detailed interview; specific and to the point; discussion on internship project ideas and tasks; focused on both student's and employer's expectations from the internship program

Interview Question – Salary expectations, especially if somebody is a fresh graduate and is looking for a head-start in the industry   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2014.

Interview Details A panel interview with a hr manager and a technical manager. At first a technical test was conducted to gauge basic understanding about engineering drawings. The interview started by a presentation about recent design project and followed by regular interview questions.

Interview Question – all questions are quite commonly seen in interviews   View Answer

Lafayette, LA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in July 2014.

Interview Details Phone call, nothing technical, no Starr method, just asked me my future plans and what I wanted to do, called me in for an interview and was informal and laid back.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, they just wanted to make sure I had good communication skills, knew about drilling and oil&gas, asked questions like if I was willing to relocate and work long hours etc..   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they give you an offer and you either take it or don't

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!