Halliburton Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.6

Software QA Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Halliburton.

Hiring process is too lengthy. Apart from this the process is very unprofessional. First round is technical which is driven by some very good technically sound people but when they call you for face to face interview the process is not at all professional. They will tell you to give a powerpoint presentation on some testing scenario. You have to give this presentation in front of other candidates who are there for the interview. Even though your presentation is good the other candidates will always try to make it look bad. Other candidates will ask lot of irrelevant questions and you will loose your focus. the interview panel will have a lunch with all the candidates. during the lunch interview they will judge you on non professional things like your hobbies and all. This seems like their favorite pass time with cracking jokes on poor candidates

Interview Questions
    • They will ask other candidates who you think should get selected among you all?   Answer Question

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Halliburton.

Very easy interview with very basic and elementary questions on my background, engineering principles, basics of mechanics, career objectives, achievements in university, and more specifically why you think you are a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work with Halliburton? Why should Halliburton choose you?   View Answer
    No negotiation opportunity for the entry level position I was selected for.

Technical Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2010.

very easy. The hiring manager just called me and explained me about the job. I have known him before so it was not difficult.

dint negotiate

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2012.

Company informed me through email and phone call through my resume posted on a monsterindia.com , then they called me for written test and interview process in Mumbai.
    Written consists of basic mechanical , electrical and aptitude questions with 35 questions in 30 minutes.....quite a lot of time. Then there was a bit easy technical interview in which i was asked about various electrical devices and equipment's working and about the final year project as i was from electrical background......then he told me about the nature of job........relocation and all those things i have to face during job..........after about as i think 20 minutes.......he told me to wait outside.........

Then after the technical part was over the remaining of us who were told to wait were to face HR interview which was also 1 to 1 interview with country HR Manager..He asked same basic questions about family, job specifications, about company, from your resume......and also salary.......it was also about a 15-20 minutes interview.

Then he told me to wait for about 2-3 weeks as they will contact you if you are shortlisted.....

And yes.......i got it after about 3 weeks time they called me and informed that i am shortlisted...............happppppppppyyyyyyyyyyyyy.................

Interview Questions
    • The whole process was quiet easy.......   View Answer
    If you are experienced then you can negotiate........in my respect i was fresher so nothing to negotiate and had to start my career..............

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in January 2010.

the company came for recruiting in our college campus. we had to appear for a written test which consisted of aptitude and technical tests. then we were shortlisted for the group discussions. after the group discussions people were shortlisted for the interview. the interview was mainly hr with some technical questions

Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Halliburton in August 2012.

first i went to Iq test then followed by phone interview. she asked me about my skills why they have to hire me?
    what are your hoppy ?

you can find what kind of questions you should expect if you search online. But realize that these should only be considered as guidelines.

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton.

Half-day Assessment Center, 2 interviews one to one and two to one, one group activity and one presentation on any topic, they just want to see how you carry yourself when facing public, so keep calm and present)

Interview Questions
    • I would say it should be the case study, it is barely possible to solve it. So don't be too worry about the result, focus on how to approach the problem   Answer Question

SCMP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2013.

On Campus Interview with the main recruiter. Lasted about one hour. Heard back within one week. Had two weeks to accept. Great experience, challenging and rewarding. Overall enjoyed my time there.

Associate Field Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in July 2014.

Was contacted via phone by a recruiter after applying for this position on the Halliburton website. Had initial phone interview and then went in for in person interview. The in person interview was a group interview with multiple applicants as well as interviewers. We all went out to both lunch and dinner as well as touring the shop and field locations. The one on one interviews were very professional and after spending time with the interviewers earlier in the day there was a little less pressure. I received a call from the recruiter a day after the in person interview and a formal offer followed shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask if you understand the duties and performance expectations for the specific PSL you are interviewing for. Also be prepared for generic interview questions such as: Tell us about a time where you were in a successful leadership role.   Answer Question

Field Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Canonsburg, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canonsburg, PA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2013.

Very upfront about the time commitment necessary. The position itself is essentially developed to train you in the field so you are as competent as possible. Honest and open about what you'll experience. Had two separate interviews, about 6 months apart.

Chose not to negotiate

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!