Halliburton

334 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software QA Engineer Interview

Software QA Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details Hiring process is too lengthy. Apart from this the process is very unprofessional. First round is technical which is driven by some very good technically sound people but when they call you for face to face interview the process is not at all professional. They will tell you to give a powerpoint presentation on some testing scenario. You have to give this presentation in front of other candidates who are there for the interview. Even though your presentation is good the other candidates will always try to make it look bad. Other candidates will ask lot of irrelevant questions and you will loose your focus. the interview panel will have a lunch with all the candidates. during the lunch interview they will judge you on non professional things like your hobbies and all. This seems like their favorite pass time with cracking jokes on poor candidates

Interview Question – They will ask other candidates who you think should get selected among you all?   Answer Question

Mumbai

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details Very easy interview with very basic and elementary questions on my background, engineering principles, basics of mechanics, career objectives, achievements in university, and more specifically why you think you are a good fit for the company.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work with Halliburton? Why should Halliburton choose you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation opportunity for the entry level position I was selected for.

Very Easy Interview

Technical Professional Interview

Technical Professional
Mumbai

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2010.

Interview Details very easy. The hiring manager just called me and explained me about the job. I have known him before so it was not difficult.

Negotiation Details – dint negotiate

Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2012.

Interview Details Company informed me through email and phone call through my resume posted on a monsterindia.com , then they called me for written test and interview process in Mumbai.
Written consists of basic mechanical , electrical and aptitude questions with 35 questions in 30 minutes.....quite a lot of time. Then there was a bit easy technical interview in which i was asked about various electrical devices and equipment's working and about the final year project as i was from electrical background......then he told me about the nature of job........relocation and all those things i have to face during job..........after about as i think 20 minutes.......he told me to wait outside.........

Then after the technical part was over the remaining of us who were told to wait were to face HR interview which was also 1 to 1 interview with country HR Manager..He asked same basic questions about family, job specifications, about company, from your resume......and also salary.......it was also about a 15-20 minutes interview.

Then he told me to wait for about 2-3 weeks as they will contact you if you are shortlisted.....

And yes.......i got it after about 3 weeks time they called me and informed that i am shortlisted...............happppppppppyyyyyyyyyyyyy.................

Interview Question – The whole process was quiet easy.......   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you are experienced then you can negotiate........in my respect i was fresher so nothing to negotiate and had to start my career..............

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Mumbai

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in January 2010.

Interview Details the company came for recruiting in our college campus. we had to appear for a written test which consisted of aptitude and technical tests. then we were shortlisted for the group discussions. after the group discussions people were shortlisted for the interview. the interview was mainly hr with some technical questions

Interview Questions

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2014.

Interview Details A panel interview with a hr manager and a technical manager. At first a technical test was conducted to gauge basic understanding about engineering drawings. The interview started by a presentation about recent design project and followed by regular interview questions.

Interview Question – all questions are quite commonly seen in interviews   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details Halliburton came at my University. Students who were interested sent their CVs. Halliburton made a shortlist for interviews. There were 5 interviewers. They were all friendly. They were asking mostly personal questions . Most of their questions was based on my CV. They were trying to understand what I had achieved up until today, and who I am.

Interview Question – "Why service company and not operator? "
Justify why you prefer to work for a service company and not for an operator company !
  Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer
Lafayette, LA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in July 2014.

Interview Details Phone call, nothing technical, no Starr method, just asked me my future plans and what I wanted to do, called me in for an interview and was informal and laid back.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, they just wanted to make sure I had good communication skills, knew about drilling and oil&gas, asked questions like if I was willing to relocate and work long hours etc..   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they give you an offer and you either take it or don't

Embedded Systems Engineer Interview

Embedded Systems Engineer
Exton, PA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Halliburton in May 2010.

Interview Details It was your typical technical interview. They get to know you and then verify your technical knowledge. I interviewed with about 5-6 different people. Took the entire day. Its not too bad as long as your qualified for the position that your applying for. I had no problem with the process that they were following. Most companies follow this process.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected. Most difficult for me was I was ask to calculate the capacitance of a trace on a PCB. Since my back ground was more in software this was a bit difficult, but I worked my way through it. I thought their questions were very fair for the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was low
Got the feeling the office I was applying at was closing

Very Easy Interview

Logistics Manager Interview

Logistics Manager
Houston, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2010.

Interview Details The Hiring process was very long, it took over 6 months to set me up.

The interviewer was not familiar with the job to be filled. he was sitting in for the man in charge.

Interview Question – Unfortunately no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very frustrating due to the internal decision making process

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!