Halliburton Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.6

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview process is mainly for checking ur temperament under strenuous conditions. Interview is mainly hr and very less technical questions. Technical questions are easy. In hr they might give an situation and ask u how will u handle that situation. They try to prove ur answers wrong u have to calmly and patiently prove them hw u are right.
    Halliburton had come to our campus..so the complete process was aptitude round (maths and few questions gk time_ 15 min) gd round ( 2 topics general and technical topic) last round interview.

Interview Questions

• How will u rate urself as an engineer?
      Why u want to join halliburton?
      Tell me about urself?

Answer Question

Negotiation

Applied through campus...so there was no negotiation.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Hiring process is too lengthy. Apart from this the process is very unprofessional. First round is technical which is driven by some very good technically sound people but when they call you for face to face interview the process is not at all professional. They will tell you to give a powerpoint presentation on some testing scenario. You have to give this presentation in front of other candidates who are there for the interview. Even though your presentation is good the other candidates will always try to make it look bad. Other candidates will ask lot of irrelevant questions and you will loose your focus. the interview panel will have a lunch with all the candidates. during the lunch interview they will judge you on non professional things like your hobbies and all. This seems like their favorite pass time with cracking jokes on poor candidates

Interview Questions

• They will ask other candidates who you think should get selected among you all?   Answer Question

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Halliburton (Mumbai).

Interview

Very easy interview with very basic and elementary questions on my background, engineering principles, basics of mechanics, career objectives, achievements in university, and more specifically why you think you are a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with Halliburton? Why should Halliburton choose you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation opportunity for the entry level position I was selected for.

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton (Mumbai) in October 2012.

Interview

Company informed me through email and phone call through my resume posted on a monsterindia.com , then they called me for written test and interview process in Mumbai.
    Written consists of basic mechanical , electrical and aptitude questions with 35 questions in 30 minutes.....quite a lot of time. Then there was a bit easy technical interview in which i was asked about various electrical devices and equipment's working and about the final year project as i was from electrical background......then he told me about the nature of job........relocation and all those things i have to face during job..........after about as i think 20 minutes.......he told me to wait outside.........

Then after the technical part was over the remaining of us who were told to wait were to face HR interview which was also 1 to 1 interview with country HR Manager..He asked same basic questions about family, job specifications, about company, from your resume......and also salary.......it was also about a 15-20 minutes interview.

Then he told me to wait for about 2-3 weeks as they will contact you if you are shortlisted.....

And yes.......i got it after about 3 weeks time they called me and informed that i am shortlisted...............happppppppppyyyyyyyyyyyyy.................

Interview Questions

• The whole process was quiet easy.......   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you are experienced then you can negotiate........in my respect i was fresher so nothing to negotiate and had to start my career..............

Technical Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Halliburton (Mumbai) in November 2010.

Interview

very easy. The hiring manager just called me and explained me about the job. I have known him before so it was not difficult.

Negotiation

dint negotiate

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton (Mumbai) in January 2010.

Interview

the company came for recruiting in our college campus. we had to appear for a written test which consisted of aptitude and technical tests. then we were shortlisted for the group discussions. after the group discussions people were shortlisted for the interview. the interview was mainly hr with some technical questions

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

This was a group phone interview, but it was really more of an interrogation. I can't say I would want to work with these people now, so I guess it was good thing. Anything I said, they would question it derisively, from technical answers to past design decisions. Trying to explain something, I would frequently be interrupted. The whole thing was disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between c# structure and class.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

You will be notified via email when your interview is. Normally two people are in the room, HR and the hiring manager. HR representative had no clue about the role she was interviewing you. Sales manager was not energetic. It shows little involvement on their part when they don't know what their looking for or can't describe the role in detail. Maybe have someone that knows the role to do the interview.

Landmark Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Applied on-campus. HR contacted me to schedule a telephonic interview. I really liked the interview and the way they handle the recruiting process. I had interviews with multiple groups. Hiring manager directly interviews the candidates.

Interview Questions

• Everything on my resume and why Halliburton   1 Answer

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Halliburton (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

I applied through my university and was accepted into the first round. First round consist of behavioral questions, i.e. 25 minutes. Second round consist of dinner the night before to meet the interviewers, and the next day is the assessment center with two rounds of interviews followed by a 3 min presentation and group work.

Interview Questions

• You are a manager and have a top-grade employee (one of your managers reporting to you), how do you keep him/her motivated?   1 Answer