Halliburton Interview Questions

Updated 18 Oct 2014
Updated 18 Oct 2014

2.6

Software QA Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Halliburton.

Hiring process is too lengthy. Apart from this the process is very unprofessional. First round is technical which is driven by some very good technically sound people but when they call you for face to face interview the process is not at all professional. They will tell you to give a powerpoint presentation on some testing scenario. You have to give this presentation in front of other candidates who are there for the interview. Even though your presentation is good the other candidates will always try to make it look bad. Other candidates will ask lot of irrelevant questions and you will loose your focus. the interview panel will have a lunch with all the candidates. during the lunch interview they will judge you on non professional things like your hobbies and all. This seems like their favorite pass time with cracking jokes on poor candidates

Interview Questions
    • They will ask other candidates who you think should get selected among you all?   Answer Question

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Halliburton.

Very easy interview with very basic and elementary questions on my background, engineering principles, basics of mechanics, career objectives, achievements in university, and more specifically why you think you are a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work with Halliburton? Why should Halliburton choose you?   View Answer
    No negotiation opportunity for the entry level position I was selected for.

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton in October 2012.

Company informed me through email and phone call through my resume posted on a monsterindia.com , then they called me for written test and interview process in Mumbai.
    Written consists of basic mechanical , electrical and aptitude questions with 35 questions in 30 minutes.....quite a lot of time. Then there was a bit easy technical interview in which i was asked about various electrical devices and equipment's working and about the final year project as i was from electrical background......then he told me about the nature of job........relocation and all those things i have to face during job..........after about as i think 20 minutes.......he told me to wait outside.........

Then after the technical part was over the remaining of us who were told to wait were to face HR interview which was also 1 to 1 interview with country HR Manager..He asked same basic questions about family, job specifications, about company, from your resume......and also salary.......it was also about a 15-20 minutes interview.

Then he told me to wait for about 2-3 weeks as they will contact you if you are shortlisted.....

And yes.......i got it after about 3 weeks time they called me and informed that i am shortlisted...............happppppppppyyyyyyyyyyyyy.................

Interview Questions
    • The whole process was quiet easy.......   View Answer
    If you are experienced then you can negotiate........in my respect i was fresher so nothing to negotiate and had to start my career..............

Technical Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Halliburton in November 2010.

very easy. The hiring manager just called me and explained me about the job. I have known him before so it was not difficult.

dint negotiate

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton in January 2010.

the company came for recruiting in our college campus. we had to appear for a written test which consisted of aptitude and technical tests. then we were shortlisted for the group discussions. after the group discussions people were shortlisted for the interview. the interview was mainly hr with some technical questions

Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Halliburton.

Applied through school's website and got an email to schedule an interview a few weeks ago. Interview was simple. It was about 30mins. Only one person was there asking some basic behavior questions. Interviewer has engineering background but didn't ask any questions relevant to skill. He was really nice, taking notes while you were talking.

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton.

The first round was about behavioral questions.
    - Introduce yourself
    - If you are given a tight schedule, how do you handle it?
    - What was your biggest failure so far? How would you have done differently?
    - How do you lead a team of 20 people?
    - Tell me something that shows your leadership skills.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest failure so far? How would you have done differently?   Answer Question

SCMP Interview

In person interview at school.
    Had a face to face interview with recruiter and heard back within a month whether or I was offered the position or not. Leadership experiences are a huge factor in selection as most questions ask you relate to it.

Interview Questions
    • How are you able to influence other around you who are resistant to change?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

Typical behavioral based questions. Ask about a situation and what did you do. After the interview you will hear from them within a few weeks. Very fast! Offer isn't negotiable. The process is fairly easy and straight forward for an internship position. Average interview it isn't very hard.

Operator Assistant I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Halliburton.

A day after applying I received a phone interview in which the person asked me why I would be a good fit for the type of work, asked about past job experience, and she went over general details of the work. I was given an in-person interview a few days later with management. The interview was with the department manager and with an HR representative who was on speaker phone. Questions asked were really basic interview questions. Nothing to unusual for an interview

Interview Questions
    • Hardest question was where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer
    Not open to negotiation