Halliburton

Updated 26 Jan 2015
Updated 26 Jan 2015

2.6

Field Engineer Interview

Interview process is mainly for checking ur temperament under strenuous conditions. Interview is mainly hr and very less technical questions. Technical questions are easy. In hr they might give an situation and ask u how will u handle that situation. They try to prove ur answers wrong u have to calmly and patiently prove them hw u are right.
    Halliburton had come to our campus..so the complete process was aptitude round (maths and few questions gk time_ 15 min) gd round ( 2 topics general and technical topic) last round interview.

Interview Questions
    • How will u rate urself as an engineer?
      Why u want to join halliburton?
      Tell me about urself?

Answer Question
    Applied through campus...so there was no negotiation.

Software QA Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Halliburton.

Hiring process is too lengthy. Apart from this the process is very unprofessional. First round is technical which is driven by some very good technically sound people but when they call you for face to face interview the process is not at all professional. They will tell you to give a powerpoint presentation on some testing scenario. You have to give this presentation in front of other candidates who are there for the interview. Even though your presentation is good the other candidates will always try to make it look bad. Other candidates will ask lot of irrelevant questions and you will loose your focus. the interview panel will have a lunch with all the candidates. during the lunch interview they will judge you on non professional things like your hobbies and all. This seems like their favorite pass time with cracking jokes on poor candidates

Interview Questions
    • They will ask other candidates who you think should get selected among you all?   Answer Question

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Halliburton.

Very easy interview with very basic and elementary questions on my background, engineering principles, basics of mechanics, career objectives, achievements in university, and more specifically why you think you are a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work with Halliburton? Why should Halliburton choose you?   View Answer
    No negotiation opportunity for the entry level position I was selected for.

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton in October 2012.

Company informed me through email and phone call through my resume posted on a monsterindia.com , then they called me for written test and interview process in Mumbai.
    Written consists of basic mechanical , electrical and aptitude questions with 35 questions in 30 minutes.....quite a lot of time. Then there was a bit easy technical interview in which i was asked about various electrical devices and equipment's working and about the final year project as i was from electrical background......then he told me about the nature of job........relocation and all those things i have to face during job..........after about as i think 20 minutes.......he told me to wait outside.........

Then after the technical part was over the remaining of us who were told to wait were to face HR interview which was also 1 to 1 interview with country HR Manager..He asked same basic questions about family, job specifications, about company, from your resume......and also salary.......it was also about a 15-20 minutes interview.

Then he told me to wait for about 2-3 weeks as they will contact you if you are shortlisted.....

And yes.......i got it after about 3 weeks time they called me and informed that i am shortlisted...............happppppppppyyyyyyyyyyyyy.................

Interview Questions
    • The whole process was quiet easy.......   View Answer
    If you are experienced then you can negotiate........in my respect i was fresher so nothing to negotiate and had to start my career..............

Technical Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Halliburton in November 2010.

very easy. The hiring manager just called me and explained me about the job. I have known him before so it was not difficult.

dint negotiate

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton in January 2010.

the company came for recruiting in our college campus. we had to appear for a written test which consisted of aptitude and technical tests. then we were shortlisted for the group discussions. after the group discussions people were shortlisted for the interview. the interview was mainly hr with some technical questions

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton.

One day of interview with 5 different managers, with all sort of questions.
    Technical questions and behavior as well.
    You spend the whole day interviewing and then the managers choose who they want.
    Be prepare for a long day

No negotiation

Technical Interview

1st Round very simple, second round tough to crack, everything related to basics of electrical engineering, only 1 or 2 people are selected from a list of 2000 candidates. So, best of luck.

Interview Questions
    • everything related to basics of electrical engineering   Answer Question

Surface Operator I Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton.

First interview was HR interview where general questions was asked on your profile and your experience. Mostly the interview involved discussing job profile and the work experience at the company. Next part of the interview was about your willingness to perform the task. That's pretty much of it .

I T Technician Interview

First was a thirty minute phone interview with a manager that became a 45 minute interview.
    When they invited me to their workplace I spoke to a manager and his manager and both were cordial.

Interview Questions
    • If I had any experience with apple products.   View Answer