Hertz Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated 20 Sep 2014

2.2

49 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hertz.

Its the simplest interview ever because its a mediocre job. There is a high turn over so there is a constant hiring going on. Apply online, get an email to complete an online assessment, if successful you will get a call back that will invite you to an actual interview. From there it is smooth sailing especially if you have a sales and customer service experience.

Interview Questions
No negotiation, its hourly pay

Other Interview Reviews for Hertz

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hertz.

After you apply, you will be given a call within a week for the first over the phone interview. Standard boilerplate questions: Why Hertz? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell me about a difficult time you had in your previous career and how you overcame this difficulty with sales/customer etc. Then if you pass that you have a second interview with an area manager. They will ask much of the same things but expect you to REALLY want to work for Hertz. If you like to sell or can sell this shouldn't be difficult, it's much like the first interview.

If you pass that interview, then you have a drug test and background check. From start to finish you should see about 1 month between applying and starting. Not a difficult process, they are aggressive.

Interview Questions
    • There are no difficult or unexpected questions. If you have been to a customer service related job or sales job, you will find nothing unexpected.   Answer Question
    You have no option to negotiate. It is "take it or leave it."

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hertz.

This process was a joke. They asked a few questions and then seemed to hire anyone looking for a job. No need for any competence. They make you take a drug test and conduct a background check but that's about it. They hire anyone.

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hertz.

Location was clean and staff was polite, had an ops audit being conducted when I was there. Hiring manager was friendly and answered all of my questions. Manager was straight forward about position and compensation and hours.

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hertz.

Phone interview, interviews with managers. Pretty much telling you its a sales position and you are expected to sell optional coverages and upsell options. There is nothing special. They will interview anyone with a pulse and no record.

There was none

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hertz.

The manager is looking for someone who is sales oriented and able to help grow their business. They will also ask if you are willing to clean the cars. You will also have to meet with the location manager to see if you are a fit for their location.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hertz in March 2014.

I had a phone interview with the recruiter about a week after I submitted my resume. Then we set up an interview with a branch manager. When I got there it wasn't the correct manager, it was his employee. He didn't know that I was going to be coming so he was completely unprepared. The interview was the easiest I've had in my life and then I was called with an offer a week later. The company is very relaxed and it would be a great position, but I was very turned off with how unprofessional it was. I was also interviewing with a competitor, and the competitor was much more professional and thorough. When you make money on how you perform, you want to be professional! I also got a lot of responses about the job from the manager vs the recruiter that did not match such as what location I'd be working at, how much I'd get paid/bonuses, and what hours I'd be required to work. If the company could have been on the same page, I probably would have accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions - tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, you were measured by performance goals, you had to lead a team, etc. He was mostly focused on having me ask questions.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Twin Falls, ID (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Twin Falls, ID (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hertz in March 2014.

Call you on your Application, call you for phone interview. set up appointment to talk with hiring Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewing/Hiring Manager was not prepared had no questions to ask even forgot his pen.
       had to do self interview with him. have 21 years of management and told I don't have enough experience then they hired a 24 year old kid
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hertz.

Basic questions. 5 strengths,weaknesses. Situation questions and how you resolved them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hertz in February 2014.

The process took a while, the interview was okay. The pay rate for the position is ridiculously low for such a position. The salary is not negotiable as well as scheduling. Overall, it's not a bad company to work for if you are new to the market.