Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr 2015
1,823 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Designer Interview

Interview

Technical Interview(3>4 hrs) then again one more Technical Round(1-2 hrs) and then the HR said I have cleared the technical rounds and will be having an HR round with management team. But it never happened when I called to get the updates she said its stuck in upper management level.

Interview Questions

• Questions were on DATA structure ,pointers, BIt level Programming etc..   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Bangalore) in April 2015.

Interview

2 rounds of Interview. One is face to face ,other is Telephonic(both r technical) only. It went around 45 minutes, got started at 11:30.Telephonic round is taken from Dubai. It went good. I got this opportunity through Staffing agency.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

This process took around a day..it was very simple don't panic urself ..basically it consists of three to four rounds which depends on role...wich are aptitude,group discussions,hr personal interview..!! Bst of luck..!!

Interview Questions

• why do choose our company?   1 Answer

Financial Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Aptitude Test includes english, maths, accounts, finance, logical reasoning.
    Supervisor Round, includes face to face interview, questions based on finance and accounting, concepts and conventions, golden rules.
    Manager Round review of resume or CV and questions based on past experience and reason for movement, case study may be given and future plans.
    HR round includes reason for change, salary negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Hyderābād).

Interview

I attended HP off campus in Hyderabad.

First round was written test. This is a bit difficult than the following rounds. It contains 3 sections.
    1. Aptitude(maths and logical) - 10 questions
    2. English - 10 questions
    3. Technical (C,C++,SQL) - 35 questions

For the written test follow any book for aptitude and English. As for technical focus more on C, C++ and SQL . Practice topics like bitwise operators and bit shifting. For C++ don't leave anything follow any book( I forgot to work out templates and there were questions on this) and basic SQL queries.

Now luckily I passed the written test and the next round was technical interview. He asked me questions on my project and some basic questions on java and the skills I put on my resume. After 1 hour I was pushed to next round.

HR is the final round and they will ask questions on relocation and verify your marks and basic questions on personality. They are very friendly but try to keep the conversation as professional as possible.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. As a fresher you will be give standard market value. Its 3.4 lpa for developer and 3.2 lpa for tester.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silchar

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Silchar) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was held in college itself there were 3 rounds:
    Aptitude test (C , SQL)
    Technical Interview
    Managerial Round

Managerial and technical was almost same but in managerial ability to cope with stress is been checked . There were also checking how much you are updated with recent technology used in electronics.

Interview Questions

• Explain 555 timer along with ckt, JK and RS Flip Flop.
      EXplain Final year project.
      Various Codes were ben asked

1 Answer

Negotiation

Job location can be decided by student it is been given randomly

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ahmedabad

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Ahmedabad).

Interview

5 rounds
    technical written all subject wise
    gD
    technical interview 1 based on c and DS
    technical interview 2 based on dbms and Os
    hr interview followed by document verification
    offer was released after 1 month as it was campus hiring and joining letter once issued after completion of degree

Interview Questions

• Write the code for binary search
      create a password less authentication ssh

1 Answer

R and D Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

1. Online aptitude test: The test included 50 questions. 20 aptitude, 30 (Output questions and others on Computer Science)
          In this test you get to choose between C++/JAVA for 8 output questions.
    2. Technical interview: Questions revolving around data structures (Binary tree, Linked List etc.), C++ concepts, Operating Systems, SQL queries, sorting algorithms with a twist and puzzles were mainly asked. If you have very good projects you are more or less sure to pass this round.
    3. Managerial interview: Here again there were a few technical and project related basic questions (no coding). Also, there were management related questions wrt team work.
    4. HR interview: why HP? If you already have an offer are you willing to give it up in favour of HP? Location preferences etc.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Bangalore) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied though staffing agencies. Got a call with in a day. There were 2 Technical rounds. In 1 round , very basic questions were asked. Duration was 30 mins. 2 nd round technical questions with depth reasoning were asked. Duration was 40 mins.

Interview Questions

• 1. Application pool. Its advantage. Application pool Identity. Some more questions around it.
      2. How to do sql server state Management.Complete configurations they were expecting.
      3. Overriding and overloading .. some tricky questions were there.
      4. Disadvantages of session Management.
      5. Boxing and unboxing. Practical scenarios.
      6. Abstract and interface designs.
      7. In depth discussion on Clustered and non clustered indexes. Their design, uses, advantages , disadvantages, scenarios when to chose what and how they are funtioning.
      8. Some sql queries.

Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Hyderābād) in February 2015.

Interview

its just simple and easy... apptitude ,technical and hr were the rounds.aptitutde contains quant,c,cppand dbms.
    technical round asked based on your resume
    may i know how many days it takes to get the offer letter