Hewlett-Packard

Updated 26 Sep 2014
1,565 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

I'm a fresher from a non CS branch. In the technical interview they checked if my fundamentals were strong by asking some basic questions from C, Data structures and OS. In the managerial interview they wanted to know about my final year project. And HR round was all about communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • I had mentioned that I root android phones and flash different ROMs. I was asked to explain the rotoing process.   Answer Question

Specialist Software Engineer Interview

3 rounds of coding test and Programming language check.
    If all 3 people have average good feedback, you are hired.
    Manager will come next and talk about higher level software and firmware stuffs.
    Manager will also ask about HR questions. He will ask about the your strengths and weakness.
    Next is HR round. HR will be not a problem at all. Just simple questions.
    In HP Manager is the final decider and not HR

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

written test, technical interview , HR. written is based on 2 sections one is aptitude, another is techical technical interview they asked to write programs also be prepared, c with data structures,java,small programs but logical ones.

Technical Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2014.

First round - Written test 75 mins consists of questions from Quantitative aptitude (it was easy only),Reasoning basic seating arrangement questions ,Technical aptitude basic C C++ ,out of 75 only 2 got selected.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2014.

1st Round: Written Round consisted of 10 apti, 10 verbal and 35 tech questions(C/C++/OS/SQL). Tech quesions were a bit tough.
    2nd Round: F2F Tech Interview..SQL queries and C++ concepts
    3rd Round: Managerial Round which covered project, some puzzles and a discussion about recent technologies,
    4th Round: HR it was a cakewalk
    B-)

No negotiation for freshers

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2014.

the interview was held in bangalore,it was a walk- in interview there were 3 rounds all together 1st was group discussion 2nd was technical round and 3rd was hr round

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult one was gd,i had no idea about what to answer after i introduced myself hr asked why hp?   View Answer

Trainee Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

First was aptitude including quants, technical containing sql and c, and verbal skills. Then next round was Just a minute round which tested communication skills. And then tech interview & HR interview.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Start as contract employee... Got to go through multiple phase... communication skill.. Technical round ... group discussion ....... last but not least HR round. Then they announce the list of selected candidate

Technical Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Two day interview process for this campus based recruitment.
    First Day:
    First round was a group discussion/ JAM round where only basic speaking and topic presentation skills were tested. Second round was an aptitude and technical round containing 20 aptitude questions(12 quant +8 verbal) and 30 technical questions( c,c++,dbms). Mostly programming based technical questions and quantitative aptitude contained a mix of problems from what I recall probability, profit and loss and seating arrangement among others.
    Second Day:
    First up on agenda was a face to face technical interview that lasted over an hour. Interviewer was a pleasant man and covered details mentioned on resume, basics of C and C++, favorite subject based questions and couple of puzzles. Next round was a management round and a more detailed emphasis is placed on the resume with additional questions to probe your technical depth and interest. Final round was HR round which was quick and straightforward.
    Overall, interview process was very smooth and very organised and the company is an excellent platform to start up for freshers.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected question but core subject knowledge fundamentals should be strong, good programming knowledge is a bonus   Answer Question

Internship Interview

applied through university, took 3 days, online test and technical and hr interview, technical questions based on your resume and final hr round will be test your english communication knowledge.

Interview Questions

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!