Hewlett-Packard

1,358 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Busin Planning Analyst Interview

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details Statistics, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics

Negotiation Details – No salary negotiations, whatsoever.

Project Leader Interview

Interviewed at Hewlett-Packard

Interview Details Hiring Process to Lazy & Slow. Inter Process various depending upon the Department and Requirement they are seeking. At time you may face some Legacy people who ask out of bound / non-sense questions. And usual here as more than 70% of outdated people are sitting there.

Interview Question – At time you may face some Legacy people who ask out of bound / non-sense questions. And usual here as more than 70% of outdated people are sitting there.   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2010.

Interview Details There were 5 technical rounds of interview.
Written test, 3 f2f technical rounds, technical talk with section manger. finally hr round.

Interview Question – system programming and c basics   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Bangalore

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2010.

Interview Details Interview process took 2+ weeks. Had one telephone and 2 technical rounds. Most of the questions from the current project from resume and then basic questions on OS and C.

Interview Question – More detailed questions from the current project to understand our skill set.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2011.

Interview Details Initial communication was through phone, along with a telephonic interview. Then I was asked to come down for a face to face. The rounds during face to face could have been a bit more organized.

Interview Question – I was asked about text analytics, and I was unaware of that skill at that time.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Chennai

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in December 2011.

Interview Details Campus placement process. Questions about past projects/ internships. "Estimate the number of ... " questions.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2013.

Interview Details Interview was of two round and both were of technical rounds.
They asked only the basic questions. The interviewer was very friends and cool.

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate

Information Testing Interview

Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2010.

Interview Details The interview could you be a internal reference or from a job portal
Couple of rounds of interview
There are a simple analytical test.
Interview with the lead - questions about yourself, past experience, qualifications, technical skills - any tool knowledge, Client interactions

Interview Question – If you working with automation tools like QTP - they would want to know how you have designed the framework   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is usually a 30% hike from your previous salary. There is no negotiation on the vacation time or health benefits.

Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2014.

Interview Details I have applied through Noukari/monster.com and Had ( 7 Rounds):
I got call from panel and they scheduled my telephonic interview and i got call for telephonic round, He asked me what are you doing and what kinds of project and which languages/tools are you using i explained all.Then he started to to asking some technical questions, related performance and scripts...so on around 20 mints (Actually he was checking weather i am fit for further rounds or not) And at the end he told me we would like to bring you here in our office
I went for further rounds ..
Three Technical rounds they conducted ( Same day all were difficult and tricky)
1st: (20 Minutes) That Person asked me some skill techniques and have given to solve some scenarios. and also related current project and he asked me some tricky questions, That person was very nice he was giving me time to think answer where i was getting stuck i have cleared it...Thanks to him...
2nd :( Around 45 Minutes) He was technically strong and he started to asking technically . He asked me to write scripts given scenarios by him and some deeply about client server scripts... this also i cleared it.... Thanks to him.
3rd:(Around 1 hour)At That time it was toughest round for me he was asking very deeply (because he was technically strong in JAVA and other skill) like what will happened if do this and do that.. and He asked me to write java/Perl scripts he was very strong in JAVA he asked me lots of questions in Java, I have answered properly and confidentially but somewhere i was nervous for sometime because he was debugging of my skill, He was increasing my confidence. And finally He was happy with my answers .... cleared it....Thanks Him...
Manager rounds:
1st: Manager was very cool person and very sharp minded and he asked me lots of questions professionally,Personally and about technical background ... and so many things and he explained me so many new technical professional thing which i was not knowing them.. it was very nice manager round for me till now...Really i am impressed with his knowledge...Thanks to him for giving me so many tips....
2nd: This round also was good and cleared it.
HR Round:
In This round asked me HR related things and finally this interviewer also was very good ...cleared it finally all Interviewer were good and She motivated me during each phase..Thanks Her......
After 3 week I got a call from HR and then from Manager that saying i am glade to inform you that you are selected for this and he asked me are you happy with this ... i was very happy by getting this offer i told thanks .... Thanks to first lady who selected my CV and scheduled my first interview ...finally thanks to HP...

Interview Question – They have asked so many Technical questions and scripts But for me all were good   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not ask to negotiable anything because i have got more than my expectation

Bangalore

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2011.

Interview Details My resume was selected through Monster.com, was called in directly to their office, had a written test on JAVA, some general quant questions. One round of technical interview on previous projects and JAVA concepts, one round of managerial interview which was mostly technical and extra curriculum interests, one round of HR interview.

Interview Question – Had to code a web application on the white board.I was used to a lot of IDE for coding servlets!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – DId not negotiate, just accepted the offer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!

Hewlett-Packard Videos

Hewlett-Packard – Why Work for Us?

The start-up that started it all. Six decades before high tech and dot coms existed, classmates Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard built an audio oscillator in a garage and launched a technology revolution. Today we’re… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hewlett-Packard interview questions and advice. All 1,358 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Hewlett-Packard employees and interview candidates.