Hewlett-Packard

Updated Aug 26, 2014
1,528 interviews

2.9

Technical Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Two day interview process for this campus based recruitment.
    First Day:
    First round was a group discussion/ JAM round where only basic speaking and topic presentation skills were tested. Second round was an aptitude and technical round containing 20 aptitude questions(12 quant +8 verbal) and 30 technical questions( c,c++,dbms). Mostly programming based technical questions and quantitative aptitude contained a mix of problems from what I recall probability, profit and loss and seating arrangement among others.
    Second Day:
    First up on agenda was a face to face technical interview that lasted over an hour. Interviewer was a pleasant man and covered details mentioned on resume, basics of C and C++, favorite subject based questions and couple of puzzles. Next round was a management round and a more detailed emphasis is placed on the resume with additional questions to probe your technical depth and interest. Final round was HR round which was quick and straightforward.
    Overall, interview process was very smooth and very organised and the company is an excellent platform to start up for freshers.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected question but core subject knowledge fundamentals should be strong, good programming knowledge is a bonus   Answer Question

Internship Interview

applied through university, took 3 days, online test and technical and hr interview, technical questions based on your resume and final hr round will be test your english communication knowledge.

Process Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in December 2012.

I had 4 rounds in overall. 1st round was aptitude test, 2nd was Face-to-Face, 3rd round was General discussion and the last round was HR round. All of them were easy as of me. Should have good communication skill to interact in the interview.

Interview Questions
    Have a clear cut of the job and Make yourself comfortable to it and clear all your questions in the Final round itself.

Software Engineer Interview

It was a pooled campus.There was an initial presentation round where they told us about the company and our role in brief.
    Then the 1st round was JAM where we could speak about the topic of our choice for a minute.
    Almost 90% of the people cleared it.
    Next round was written apti,english and tech.Tech questions were mainly on c,c++ and sql.
    After that the people who cleared it went through 2 rounds of technical face to face interview followed by an hr interview.The questions were fairly easy in the tech interviews since they test your basic programming skills and knowledge of the subjects like c,c++,dbms,se and so on.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2011.

HP has 3 round, the first Round is with the Aptitude Test followed by technical round and the final would be the HR round.
    Quite easy to crack the interview all basic question will be asked in the technical round.

Interview Questions
    I joined as a fresher , my first company

Technical Solutions Consultant III/Good Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

It was a walkin and I was referred through the consultancy
    1. HR will call and will take the basic requirement
    2. Communication round
    3.GD
    4. Technical Round
    5. Managerial round
    6. Offer Letter

very smooth process , the best thing was they bought my notice period . Also it is one of the best company to work for.

The company would offer you as per market standard and your experience

Business Analyst Interview

As I didn't have a background that was related to the work area, it was a general interview that was easy and relaxed. They asked me questions as to why I was interested, gave me a scenario related to the work they did and asked me what I'd do, asked me what my long term plans were, etc

Interview Questions
    • they gave me a work related scenario and asked me what i'd do   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2014.

I applied through a consultancy
    Interview was comprised of 4 rounds
    !st Group discussion-They will ask tell me about yourself and to speak on any general topic
    2nd Face to face-Again to check communication skills and confidence level
    3rd Technical written-30 questions based on networking,reasoning,ms word 2010,windows O.S related
    4th HR-some more technical questions and shifts related

Dint negotiate because i went through consultancy

Technology Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2010.

Shot listing of CV-HR call -communication round-technical round. Once all the round are cleared you will have last round with HR for salary negotiation once done you will the joining date along with offer letter

Interview Questions
    • how do you look your future with HP in terms of carrier growth   View Answer
    When I was hired they stick to a salary and did not negotiated at all

Systems/Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

It will be easy, don't worry about Interviews in HP , its the easiest interview ever , if you have anyone like relatives known in the company, interview will be just for name sake

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!