Hilton Worldwide Interview Questions

2.7

Credit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in February 2009.

I received a call from Hilton Corporate office and then the inteveiw was fixed and it was a lengthy discussion on the work profile and other matters also.Gave assurance to them that if got selected will not let them down.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question as per iI am concerned as I am having vast experience of the hotel industy   View Answer
    NONE

Senior Manager Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in February 2012.

Very Streamlined and simple

No negotiation required

Food and Beverage Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newcastle, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in September 2014.

Invited to the interview via phone call, when I arrived at the Hilton I was directed to the correct reception, filled in a reference contact sheet. During the interview I was asked to talk about my self, what I have done this far and where I see myself in the future. I was asked to go into detail about my bar background and asked why I enjoyed working behind the bar so much. Then listened to the interviewer (F&B Manager) describe the role and abit about the hotels various department. Then a little chat to wind the interview down. Was contacted later that day via email to say I was successful and was invited to a Hotel Induction (which I will be attending in a couple of days from now).

N/A

Stewart/Dishwasher Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Great organization and straight forward went very well I'm glad I had the opportunity it was a short waiting period and very friendly staff many done same day and gave plenty a chance for new opportunity

Room Service Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in April 2014.

I received a phone call within several days of submitting my application to set up a phone interview (out of state, looking to move). Phone interview took 20-30 minutes, standard customer service questions, inquiries about my work history, etc. Interviewer explained the position in detail and asked about my desired direction after being hired. After the interview, the interviewer said everything sounded good, that they'd be contacting me within a week to schedule my second interview. I never received a phone call, but received an email after a few days telling me I was not accepted for the position - odd, considering they'd told me I had gotten a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you wanted to reach a goal and if you failed how you handled it?   View Answers (2)

Finance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in February 2014.

I send cv, did telephone interview with HR and interview with a finance director, wrote a 250 words essay about Mutual Benefit for the company and me and did the shl online test. This Finance director was nice and he gave me his name card after the interview. I felt confident about getting the offer.

Final interview was with another regional finance director over the phone. Failed at the last interview, because he asked only negative questions and kept silence all the time. It was not conversational, and the questions were harsh and a bit rude. Maybe he just want to test my ability when dealing with an annoy customer.

Interview Questions
    • If I ring your referee now, what are the 3 weaknesses about you that he will tell me?   Answer Question

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alexandria, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in March 2012.

Applied and within days i got call from HR and Assistant Front Desk Manager to come for interview after the 2 interview with HR Manager and Front Desk Manager, i was called a day after interviewing and got the job.

Interview Questions
    • If a guest is not happy how would you go about to make the guest happy?   Answer Question
    To be able to work with my School schedule and they did.

Marketing and Sales Representative for GRAND VACATIONS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in August 2014.

Applied online through their website and after about 2 weeks was sent an email with directions to complete a HireVue interview on the Internet. It's a web n interview very easy and convenient. After this was completed I received an email from the senior recruiter with availability to conduct a 15 minute phone interview. After this was completed Andrew invited me in for an in person observation with the team lead. The team lead Interviewed me and asked very easy questions. She then asked me what I thought the most difficult part of the job was and I said, I would say learning ALL of the information needed to complete a proper pitch and she responded, "you don't think it's getting the person to person to stop and come over to you?" I said no. I said I could do that now...so she put me to the test on the spot and I knocked it out the park. ..not to mention one of the couples I brought over actually booked an appointment to see the timeshare presentation. This earned her employee a nice check all thanks to me.

Interview Questions
    • What salary would you be comfortable with making annually?   View Answer
    There's nothing to negotiate. Salary is too hefty!

Sales Manager Hilton Worldwide Nairobi Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nairobi (Kenya)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in August 2014.

I saw the advert in the newspaper which referred the applicants to Hilton Worldwide career site. First I did not take it serious but gave it a second thought and applied. To my amazement I received a call after five days of submission inviting me for an interview after pre qualification. This made me happy and I went for the interview as per the date specified. There was a questionnaire to fill and then followed by an oral interview in a board room. The interviewees in the board room were two ladies whom to my gauging were highly competitive and conducted the interview in a very professional way. They promised to communicate back the following week which they did by email unfortunately I did not pass this stage of selection but was happy on how the whole process was conducted.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle the rebels and the difficult members of a team.   View Answer

Reservation Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in August 2014.

After passing the initial assessment, the Hirevue (video) interview, PC Check (this is an absolute must) within two days of the application, I was scheduled for a phone interview on my third day. I thought I did very well, even with the 'role play'.

However, I am sure the reason I did not get an offer was because of my 'over qualification'. I have a MBA (Master in Business Administration) and I am working on my PhD. I definitely would prefer a work at home job, because of the flexibility, and I do not have any small children at home. That was what caught my attention to this position.

The interviewer spent quite some time questioning me about my degree and upcoming Doctorate completion. I sensed that I was not going to get the position when she stated that, it seems that I would be more suited or I seem to have more of a business/management/HR background, etc. I explained to her that while that may seem like the obvious, I also am very interested in customer service, I do have extensive background in that field, and probably over time that could be something that I would do when seeking upward mobility in the future.

I still have to say, that the experience and the process was an eye opener since I have never done any other job interview like this. I like the ease and comforts of doing everything from your home and phone. It made me feel very relaxed and comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected Question: When did you start your PhD program?   Answer Question

Worked for Hilton Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!